Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=341b3d1c583ff94af240e757cedeb721Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

july 9th Children's Concert For 4-YR Old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndTue Jun 30, 2009 3:51 pm
User Registered Confirmed
jedi master vidal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: july 9th Children's Concert For 4-YR Old Reply with quote

What: Children's Concert/Fundraiser for Charlotte Reynolds

When: July 9th, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Where: Target shopping center across the street from the Virginia Center Commons mall in Glen Allen on Route 1

Hey all. This is my first attempt at organizing an event so your help/input is appreciated.

A friend's four year old daughter, Charlotte, is undergoing some radical treatments for a brain tumor. Unfortunately, she has not been responding well and will be having some experimental procedures performed on her in the coming weeks.

Charlotte's parents are small business owners and, as we all know, insurance only covers so much. They own the Romp 'n' Roll (a children's activity center) in the Target shopping center at Virginia Center.

They will be hosting a children's concert in the Chick Fil A parking lot at Virginia Center on July 9th in part to raise funds for Charlotte's treatment. I was telling the parents about what we do and asked if we could help at all. They would love to have us appear at this concert. I would like for us to be there from about 6:00 - 800.

I was hoping we could set up a table at the concert similarly to what we did at the ASK walk two years ago where people could take photos with us for a donation to Charlotte. If anyone had photoshop skills (I'm lucky to be able to log on and post on this site!), I'd love to either insert a background or our logo and give the people a photobucket site where they could then log on and download the photoshopped picture.

Please post if you think you could attend or have any other suggestions to help out.

Thanks so much. You can read more about Charlotte at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/charlottereynolds
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to an auction of one of our coins to benefit this young girl's charity...

BID IF YOU CAN Very Happy

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18032

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
6829 (John Mayes)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to drop by and personally thank the RL for the support on this troop. The auctions are just awesome, and for those attending tonight - you really make this "bad guy" proud.

Thanks again for the support our "sister" Legion!
TI - Tie Pilot
Future Jedi...
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6829 wrote:
I just wanted to drop by and personally thank the RL for the support on this troop. The auctions are just awesome, and for those attending tonight - you really make this "bad guy" proud.

Thanks again for the support our "sister" Legion!

It was a great troop for a great cause....

From what Jim over in the 501st told me, we raised almost $425 between the auctions and the photo ops at the event for Charlotte.
She was a real sport and we all had a great time.

Adam, here in the Freedom Base boards is going to be sending me photos from the event.
Thanks again to all of our 501st brethern that participated.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jedi master vidal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance Chewie rock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: