Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ea5ea87552b7c4c626d70ad8f69e3b90Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars Unity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

Hello again!

The San Francisco Fan Force (one of Chanel's groups) has decided to have a special event celebrating her life and all she wanted for the group, mainly to see all Star Wars groups come together and form new ties. They are still in the planning stages for this event and I will post what I know as soon as I find out. So far it is scheduled for WonderCon weekend (April 30, May 1&2) so that the most amount of fans from all over the nation will have an excuse to be there. Smile If you are interested in helping or participating at this event check the San Francisco Fan Force boards at  http://boards.theforce.net/San_Francisco,_CA/b10448/

If you are interested in volunteering for WonderCon and getting in for free contact them at volunteers@comic-con.org and put APE/WC volunteer  in the subject line.

May the Force be with you!

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

Good idea, I'll be there along with some other Jedi.

qui-gundi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

hey bridget i'll definetley by there
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

As a precursor to this event, the San Francisco Fan Force is going to be putting on a celebration of Chanel's life on her birthday February 7th. I believe it will be starting at 5 pm and will be somewhere in the greater San Francisco area. If you are interested in attending please e-mail or PM Ming  (Jedi Tenken) so he can know how many people to expect. We will also be discussing the Unity Celebration at this event.

Update! This event will be held at the Metreon in San Francisco at Jullian's starting at 5:30 pm. The cost will be $20 per person which covers dinner, there will also be games and surprises. Chanel's family as well as her daughter Angelica will also be there. A Paypal account will be set up and RSVP dates will be posted later.

Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

Hey guys there has been a change in venue because Jillian's could not suit certain criteria for a dinner. Also the time of the event has also changed (still Feb. 7th but it's a b-day lunch now instead of dinner) so I hope everyone can still make it! Sorry about the changes guys!:

It's at the Marriott Hotel, 55 Fourth St & Mission,

directly across from Metreon, one block south of the

Powell St. BART station.

It's the same day, Sat. Feb. 7 and it's from 11:30 - 2 p.m.

As you enter the lobby, go to your right and take the escalator to the next floor. The restaurant will be on your right. It's still $20 per person, as before, and will include several items, including several salads, soups, and a refillable non-alcoholic beverage. It's also a buffet so feel free to loosen the belts before hand. (a sample menu for that day might be something like: broiled NY steak w/burgundy wine demiglaze, baked salmon w/ horseradish crust, green beans almondine, and garlic mashed potatoes). RSVP is still by the 2nd with Matt taking the payments via paypal @ toschestation@yahoo.com or other forms of payment via check, MO, etc at his mailing addy (PM or reply on this thread if you want that option).

If people come are coming into the City there still might be the Chinese New Years road closures now so I'd reccommend getting here by 10:30am if possible. Also since the time has changed we can talk a while afterwards about future events like WonderCon and Celebration 3 and then checkout the Chanel New Years Parade, I mean Chinese New Years Parade @ 5:30pm!

Clear Skies,

Ming S. Pan

City Rep of SF Fan Force
Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

Hey Bridget thanks for posting! It totally skipped my mind to post directly on these boards. Man I gotta keep track! Thanks for having our six! =)
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

'Hope to see many faces there, old and new!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

You know I always have your six, Ming! Thanks for posting the update though, I nearly forgot that.

I've got one transport from the Sacramento area nearly full but there are more people who want to go but not drive. If anyone here is willing to drive, contact me! I have people willing to ride along who can share the cost of tolls/ parking/ gas. We are set to leave at about 9 am to beat the traffic.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!!

Star Wars Unity has tenatively been scheduled for the Friday night of WonderCon. This is aimed at being a "mixer" of sorts before the big weekend so that people from the different clubs and affiliations can get to know one another and form good relationships. There may be games and refreshments (non-alcoholic) and this will most likely be in costume!

More info will be provided as the date nears and more things are decided (such as the venue and official times). Please keep this event in mind if you are planning on attending WonderCon as it will most likely be free and a whole lot of fun!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

It's Official!!!

Star Wars Unity

Time: 8pm-10pm Friday, April 30th

More news will follow soon, keep checking this thread for updates. If you have any questions, email me and I will do my best to help you out.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

More detailed information from the organizers!

Hey all sorry to keep you waiting but I assure you, it was well worth it! =)

Location?: 4th floor terrace level of the Metereon. 101 Fourth St. San Francisco, CA 94103

Time?: 8pm till 10pm on the first day of WonderCon April 30th (friday)

Dress?: The dress casual and costumes are optional but encouraged. Star Wars prefered.

Who can come?: We are currently inviting ONLY those in clubs that are affliated with Star Wars and/or had affliations with Chanel (who is the driving inspiration for this event). In that case the following clubs and their members are allowed:

The 501st GGG, CG, and SG
The Rebel Legion Endor Base
South Bay Star Wars Club
East Bay Star Wars Club
The Black Fleet SPG
The unofficial LOTR club/TOR.N (Robert I expect you to handle this, lol)
Fanime and Cosplay.com
Any saunctioned Fan Force Chapter that check in with us prior to the night of the event or even day of.
My Rogue Squadron

THIS IS NOT AN OPEN INVITATION PARTY. Any and all clubs members and guest must be told to us before hand and on an official club list which we will have to check people off. Any party crashers will be asked to leave the premesis. We will have tickets made for this event and those with out them will be asked to leave unless they can prove they are with a particullar who's CO, Rep., or leader can vouch for them. Metreon security will be on hand.

What we need: Well need two people from each club to help set up on friday after the end of programming for WonderCon. They will head over to the Metereon 4th floor terrace to set up decorations and party prep immdiately at 7pm or sooner after the Con is over for that day. (Those details will be coordinated directly the day off)

We'd like each club to bring a food item for the potluck that will accomadate at least 20 people, more food beyond that is definitely welcomed and encouraged. We'd love it if they were Star Wars themed! Any drinks bought will be non-alchohalic and NO alchohal will be allowed in the area. This is a strictly a dry party.

We need decorations! Star Wars decorations in particullar! Also if all the clubs would take down their banners from their WonderCon tables on friday and set them up for Unity we think that would be really awesome.

Miscellanous: Weapons and things that are weapon like are going to be prohibited to lower the possiblity of incidents. Mainly we are thinking lightsabers with blade (hilts are fine) any other prop weapons that may pose a danger. We will ask people to put these away before hand in their vehicles or other forms of storage.

IDEAS! This is for all of us, ideas and the ability/resources to make them happen will benefit us all. Remember however that any idea has to be PG-13 AND also be appealing to everyone. Unsanctioned and/or offensive activities during the event is prohibited and will be handled with accordingly.

MORE NEWS TO COME SOON!
Please post questions and/or suggestions.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

IMPORTANT!!!

If you are definitely going please post or PM me with your full name and whether or not you can pick up tickets at the Moscone Center on Friday before this event ASAP! This is important as you NEED to have a ticket and be on the list to get into Unity. If you can not pick up tickets beforehand let me know and I will arrange something with Ming.

Honored Guests

Mike Quinn

Mary Franklin

Steve Sansweet!

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

Thanks to all Rebels (and Imps) who made it to SW Unity!  I'm so glad it turned out better than I'd hoped for!  Chanel would've been proud!  I hope we can do this every year, and that it will grow each year as well.  On behalf of myself, Chanel's family and SFFF, thank you all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Star Wars Unity Reply with quote

Matt:

Not to start a mutual admiration society, but you did a really fantastic job on setting up Unity. Chanel would be honored and proud (she'd blush, of course, and say it's not about her) at what was achieved.

I feel the atmosphere helped kick off a successful weekend for all of us.

Thanks again!

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: