About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=33daaf7519fd07fd34a5faacd533b37cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: 10/10 Star Wars Lego Book Release Sac, SF, Hawaii
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: EVENT REQ: 10/10 Star Wars Lego Book Release Sac, SF, Hawaii Reply with quote

This is just a reminder to all Rebel Legion members participating in the Lego Book events on Saturday. We have all been instructed by the event publicist coordinating these store events NOT to contact the stores. It will add to the confusion, as not all of the store employees have the correct information.

Ed DaSilva is our liaison working out the event details for us with the publicist for the events. Please direct any questions you have to him if you happen to be a 501st member. Or you can ask me and I'll forward your questions to him.WHAT: Star Wars Lego Encyclopedia Release
WHERE: Lego Stores in the following cities -
    LEGO Store Honolulu, HI
    LEGO Store Sacramento, CA
    Lola of North Beach San Francisco
    LEGO Store San Mateo, CA - CANCELED
    LEGO Store Santa Clara, CA
    KEPLER’S - MENLO PARK, CA
    1010 El Camino Real
    Menlo Park, CA 94025

This new location is a GO!
    BOOKS, INC. - SAN FRANCISCO, CA
    2251 Chestnut St
    San Francisco, CA 94123

TIME: 2 - 4 pm (Please plan to arrive in the store by about 1:30 to allow time to change and be ready by 2:00pm).

DATE: October 10th - all locations

NUMBER OF CHARACTERS NEEDED: One Rebel per location, plus one "back-up" Rebel sign up should a volunteer need to cancel due to an emergency.

There will be a total of 5 costume volunteers at each location. 4 Imperial, one Rebel. Should the RL default on finding a volunteer for a location the 4th position will go to the 501st.

CHARACTERS REQUESTED: This is similar to the Pottery Barn Events of 2008. Generic characters that are recognizable formal level movie canon (not expanded universe or Clone Wars) have been requested. Rebel Fleet Troopers and X-Wing Pilots have preference, since these are generic characters with their own Lego figures. Generic Jedi are welcome to fill positions as well - but Jedi submissions will need to be reviewed and approved as they are looking for generic movie styles. Face characters could be considered if there are no generic characters to fill locations, but would also need to be reviewed and approved. Face characters would need to have a strong likeness to the character they are portraying per high profile event regulations.
*EDIT* Clone Trooper positions are being handled by the 501st, so any Rebel Legion clones should sign up through their respective 501st Garrisons. If we are unable to fill our positions with the Generic characters that have been requested and there is a Clone available who was not able to make their local Garrison list, we could send in a Clone before turning the unclaimed position over to the 501st.

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: TBA

This event request came through Albin Johnson (CO of the 501st) who has been dedicated to working more closely with the Rebel Legion. This gives us another great opportunity to work with our sister organization for a fairly large scale national promotional Star Wars event!

Please sign up below if you can help out! And please note the location (or locations) that you would be able to cover.

---------------------------------------------

Volunteer Sign Ups: (One primary, one back-up)

LEGO Store Honolulu, HI
    Billy "Tig West" as Han Solo

LEGO Store Sacramento, CA
    No Volunteers

Lola of North Beach San Francisco
    Runamuk - Scott.

CANCELED LEGO Store San Mateo, CA

UPDATESan Mateo's Store event has been canceled. We are waiting to find out if volunteers from the 501st will be regrouping to support either the Books Inc. Store in San Francisco or the Kepplers Books in Menlo Park. (Don, I'll let you know once we get confirmation if Menlo Park is a go. Thanks for being flexible on the potential change of venue!)

Kepplers Books in Menlo Park

Don (Trooperdad) - Rebel Fleet Trooper

Books Inc. San Francisco (Chestnut Street)
    501st Volunteer:
    Roberto Moran (Dark Skywalker) - Ep III Anakin (Vader pre-armor)
    Elton - Clone Trooper

LEGO Store Santa Clara, CA
    Kay Dee - x-Wing Pilot
    Taeriel () - Jedi (acting as extra handler approved by 501st)

---------------------------

Details for each Store Location:

BOOKS, INC. - SAN FRANCISCO, CA
2251 Chestnut St
San Francisco, CA 94123

Event Time: 2pm-4pm (Arrival around 1:30pm)
Requested # of Characters: 4 (no more than 4 total - combination of Imperial and Rebel OK)
Book order quantity: 60 LEGO SW Books, plus additional backlist
Expected attendance: 100
Event Details: Rich will confirm, but most likely will include raffles, giveaways and costume contest.
Publicity: The event has been broadcast via newsletter to thousands, newspaper distribution, on website, children’s only e-blast, and has been submitted to local print media calendars
Arrival info: There is no parking lot and limited public parking, so volunteers are advised to take a cab, especially since it’s fleet week. They are welcome to drop off their costumes a day before if needed. They should then ask for Rich upon arrival. There is a large changing area in the receiving location.

UPDATE - Cab fare to Books Inc will be reimbursed since there is no parking available. Keep your receipts!
---------------------------------

LOLA OF NORTH BEACH - SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Ghiradelli Square / Plaza Level
900 N. Point E206
San Francisco, CA 94109

Event Time: 2:00-4:00pm, with booth on the square open all afternoon.
Requested # of Characters: 5-10 (1 Rebel Legion)
Book order quantity: 150 already ordered
Expected attendance: Hundreds of people
Event Details: BIG EVENT! This is Fleet Week Weekend, and Lola’s has children’s entertainment planned for the West Plaza between 1:30-3:00 and 4:00-5:30pm. The Blue Angels fly between 3-4pm. They will be hosting a raffle and giveaways with purchase.
Publicity: In newsletters and on websites of the Fisherman’s Wharf, Lola’s bookstore and Ghiradelli’s. They will also send out information letting local schools know about the event.
Arrival info: volunteers should arrive as early as possible because parking will fill up fast. They should proceed to the store and ask for Amy. They will dress in their secured back room.

[list] 1. The store will reserve parking for our volunteers. 5 spots total for all volunteers from the 501st & RL, so people will need to arrange to car pool together (Total number of volunteers between 501st and RL are 7).
PLEASE REFER TO THE POST IN THE YAHOO GROUP FOR THE GARAGE ADDRESS AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER THE GARAGE

2. As of now, we have been instructed to use the front entrance of the store, and once you park and enter the store ask for the manager. They would like everyone to arrange to get to the store at roughly the same time... someone from the store will meet you and help carry up any bags or belongings into the store and show you where to go.

Lola of North Beach is located on the plaza level-in the back, next to cellar 360 and the ghirardelli cafe.

3. If you have trading cards, you may hand them out (Scott, your Endor Base cards could be good).
4. You will have a changing area in a secure are at the back of the store.
5. The event will take place outside at Ghiradelli Square
6. Day of Event Contact - PLEASE SEE THE POST IN THE YAHOO GROUP FOR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER.

-------------------------

THE LEGO® STORE - HONOLULU, HI
Ala Moana Center
1450 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814
Phone: 808-942-5346
Event Time: 2-4pm

------------------------

THE LEGO® STORE - SANTA CLARA, CA
Valley Fair
2855 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone: 408-247-8071
Event Time: 2-4pm

Arrival Time: Please arrive by 1:15 to allow everyone enough time to change
Entrance: - Please use back entrance. (instructions were sent out to Alison and Kathy)
Trading Cards: OK to hand out Rebel Legion trading cards. But please give priority to the DK/Lego handouts we will be instructed to hand out while at the store.
Changing Area:
back stock room can be used as a large dressing room (but it does not offer privacy). If anyone would like a locker to put their belongings in we can arrange for that-although you’re personal items will be safe in our back room.
Contact for the Day: Ask for Matt (manager) or Karin (assistant manager).

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 32 times in total
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get there at about 5pm so if it goes that late, then count me in
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to tentatively sign up as battle Padme for San Mateo location

Barbie

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understood the intial call for characters, they would like 4 Imperials and one Sith per location, with Vader and Maul preferred, with Anakin allowed in "extreme circumstances", which I signed up for on GGG for San Francisco or San Mateo. That would still leave an opening for a Rebel costume (X-Wing pilot, RFT, or generic jedi) as Kathy stated.

I also signed up as a TIE Pilot if not enough TK's and/or TC's sign up. I can also be a handler or photographer if needed at either location.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trooperdad (Don Ganschow)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you need a RFT, it's Trooperdad to the rescue (Da, da, da, da, da, daaa!) I am interested, but since there is no date listed I cannot commit yet. Son of Trooperdad, Zach also may be interested as his own RFT, but depends on the date (he is 18 Wednesday).

Don G.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have also mentioned that although Clone Troopers are part of the Rebel Legion, these costumes are being provided by the 501st. So we've technically been asked to provide Generic characters like Rebel Fleet Troopers, X-wing Pilots, and Jedi. If we can't provide any of these characters and there is a Clone from the Rebel Legion that can fill the position before turning it over to the 501st then that would be fine.

barbie wrote:
I would like to tentatively sign up as battle Padme for San Mateo location

Barbie

Hi Barbie! I know they are looking for generic character types from the Rebel Legion (face characters always are a long shot for the high profile events). I love your Battle Padme costume, but we need to see if we can fill this with a Generic character first and if not, then I have to get clearance from the LCO for your costume. I hope you understand Smile Thanks so much for your interest!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trooperdad wrote:
When you need a RFT, it's Trooperdad to the rescue (Da, da, da, da, da, daaa!) I am interested, but since there is no date listed I cannot commit yet. Son of Trooperdad, Zach also may be interested as his own RFT, but depends on the date (he is 18 Wednesday).

Don G.

Hi Don, Sorry about that. I listed the date in the title but forgot to repost it in the actual announcement. The date for all locations is October 10th (10/10).

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebelwerfer wrote:
I can get there at about 5pm so if it goes that late, then count me in

Tom, since this is a Saturday I'm 99% sure this is some time in the morning or mid-day. Not an evening event. But we are waiting for specific time announcements. Since only one Rebel has been requested per location I hope you understand if we first fill the position with someone who is free the entire time of the event Smile And we have not been given clearance for extra characters at all, only a back up sign-up should someone have an emergency/illness and can't make it as planned.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
As I understood the intial call for characters, they would like 4 Imperials and one Sith per location, with Vader and Maul preferred, with Anakin allowed in "extreme circumstances", which I signed up for on GGG for San Francisco or San Mateo.

Matt, if you have gotten this info from the GGG this contradicts what was posted in our Base Command Forum. Here is the quote from Matt Hofman, LCO: "They have requested 4 characters at each of these events-- three Imperial and one Rebel." It's up to the 501st to decide which Imperial characters they provide, and up to the RL to provide 1 Generic "rebel" character.

I will go check the GGG boards again to read Albin's announcement and then if need be, contact Matt Hoffman about any discrepency. I can only go by what Hofmann posted for us in our call out.

*UPDATE* Hofmann just double checked his info and yes, it should be 4 Imperials, plus one Rebel for a total of 5 volunteers at each location. 4 provided by the 501st, one by the RL. He's updated the call out accordingly.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trooperdad (Don Ganschow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the date in the title. October 10th is far enough out I think I can make it at this time. There are at least 2 locations I can do, Santa Clara or San Mateo--I'm flexible.

Don G.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trooperdad wrote:
Sorry I missed the date in the title. October 10th is far enough out I think I can make it at this time. There are at least 2 locations I can do, Santa Clara or San Mateo--I'm flexible.

Don G.

OK, I'll start a running list in the first post of who has volunteered with what costume.

I'm also tentatively putting myself out there for Santa Clara, San Mateo, or if need be, San Francisco. It's tentative though, as I have no idea this far out if I'll be free.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put myself down as tentative for the Sacramento store.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia1138 wrote:
I'll put myself down as tentative for the Sacramento store.

OK Tina. Do you think your X-wing costume might be done by then?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

OK Tina. Do you think your X-wing costume might be done by then?

My goal is to have it done before summer ends. I'm still waiting for the helmet kit to arrive, but I think I have the materials for everything else. Just need to put it all together. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh!! I would LOVE to help in Hawaii!!! Do they pay for your airfare!! Mr. Green

If my work rotation stays the same, then I am off that weekend. So I can help if need be at any of the locations: SAC, SF, SM, or SC.

I can do Generic Jedi or if they allow face character type, then my Leia ANH Leia Buns once they give me final approval on it. Thumbs up I understand about the authorization for the face character type. And I bow to the authorities on that decision. bow

I don't think they have a Maris Brood Lego yet! Do they??? Now if I can just get my Leia Boushh done!

Karen Katich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: