Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=284fe6e5762b6e877208e7e7fe16628cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event Req: Marin County Fair July 1-5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

User Registered Confirmed
KitfoxSun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 amSun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am
nebelwerferWed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pmWed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm
Master MinaTue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm
JedHeadTue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Jaina SoloThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm
Anasian SkywalkerFri Jun 19, 2009 6:28 pm
Kay_DeeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am
Leia1138Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaina Solo wrote:
If it's not too much trouble, I'll go ahead and switch my day to Saturday. That way I can pretty much volunteer the entire day!

Nope, it's no problem at all. This is flexible, especially since the tickets are not for a specific day.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Trooperdad (Don Ganschow)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent my mailing address to Mike M and he already responded.

Don G.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since they're only allowing two jedi at a time at the RL side (isn't that a Sith thing?), I'll do jedi with Shea for part of my shift on Saturday.

To all Endor members:

If you're still on the fence about doing this event, please try to make it at least one day. This year is not only big in terms of the anniversary of the Fair, but this is the first time the Rebel Legion has been asked to participate! Let's try to have a good presence and show everyone that the RL is not just a group of ragtag costumers with little or no professionalism. It'd be also nice to have at least one pilot there every day for the X-Wing cockpit.

And if it's like the previous years, we usually get free meal passes too!

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt - if you are going to be there on the 3rd that day is light and I'm sure we could use you in a Jedi costume for part of the day that day too (that's if you are still thinking of both the 3rd & 4th)

And make sure you check in with mike since you are a GGG member, I think he wants to hear personally from GGG members and I'm just passing on all the strict RL member sign-ups.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the 3rd is filling up so I'll put myself down for Thursday the 2nd. I don't think I'll have my x-wing costume completed by then and for sure I won't have a helmet. I have ANH Leia and Old Republic jedi to offer.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia1138 wrote:
It looks like the 3rd is filling up so I'll put myself down for Thursday the 2nd. I don't think I'll have my x-wing costume completed by then and for sure I won't have a helmet. I have ANH Leia and Old Republic jedi to offer.

Great Tina, I'll put you down for the 2nd. I'd think your ANH Leia would be a big hit!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - I got an e-mail from Mike and today is the drop dead last day to sign up for the fair. He's already run out of passes and has to find a way to get more for those already on the list.

So if you were on the fence, please sign up today so I can get it to Mike. We are especially light on the 1st, 2nd, and 5th. I know that early on he said last minute sign-ups would be OK if people wanted to pay their own way because they missed out on the parking/fair pass mail out... but any late sign-ups past tomorrow will have to be reviewed because he is concerned some days are looking full and will want to close off sing ups.

I also need to remind all GGG members - please contact Mike directly via e-mail and instructions given at the GGG forums NO LATER THAN TODAY. There are a few of you he has not heard from personally, it doesn't matter that I included you on the Rebel Legion list I e-mailed to him. He needs to hear from any GGG members directly regardless if you are trooping a day in RL garb or 501st.

Thanks - Kathy

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could only go on Thursday, I'd love to see Berlin perform. The lead singer, Terri Nunn, was runner-up to Carrie Fisher to play Princess Leia, BTW. Wink

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update from Mike regarding our arrival times, and passes that have been mailed out:

I sent out the second wave of entrance & parking passes yesterday. Wave #3 will go out today.
Please let me know if you do not receive them in the next few days.

ADDENDUM:

During the week, you can arrive as early as you'd like. I typically arrive at 9:00 or 9:30am, since I have to 'fire up' the displays in the exhibit. Our official appearance times are 11am to 7pm. The fair hours are from 11am to 11pm. (I believe the Exhibit we're in closes at 8:30pm).

In previous years, I think the Fair opened at 10am, so looks like we have an extra hour in the morning. I'd suggest arriving at 10am, giving us plenty of time to plan for the day, and suit up. On some of the days, we really have a good turnout. The utility room we use is large, but can get crowded when we have lots of members, or when other fair staff start storing things in there, unaware of our use of it, so we may wish to 'stagger' suiting up.

If you are signed up for July 1st, I'd recommend arriving at 9am. July 1st is Kid's Day (all kids 12 and under are free), so there is a huge line up before the gates open, and we traditionally, wander the crowds outside the gates prior to opening.

A pic of troopers now appears on the Fair's home page: http://www.marinfair.org (displacing the usual pic of my fireworks show! Hey !!)

We're also the first item listed under "Fair Classics" on their web site: http://www.marinfair.org/fair_classics.cfm

If you have friends that will be attending on July 2nd, note that it is "Comcast" day. If they bring a Comcast statement, they'll get $2 off admission.

See you there !

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to put down that I won't be able to stay until 7 pm. I should be there around 10 and can stay through the afternoon. I'd love to watch Berlin that evening, but it's just too long of a day/drive.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shouldn't be a problem. It is not required to stay the full time for any of the days. Come when you can and stay as long as you can. We appreciate you being able to help out!

Karen Katich
Maris Brood
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karen. I'll see you on Thursday.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I haven't used these forums in a while. Sorry I've been out of action lately.

Kathy, just saw your message on the GGG forum. Yes, I can bring my RFT on the 5th to switch out when the TIE bucket gets to be too much. Thanks for mentioning it!
Oooh..maybe I should dust it off...can't remember when I wore it last. Razz
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tionne Hawk wrote:
Wow. I haven't used these forums in a while. Sorry I've been out of action lately.

Kathy, just saw your message on the GGG forum. Yes, I can bring my RFT on the 5th to switch out when the TIE bucket gets to be too much. Thanks for mentioning it!
Oooh..maybe I should dust it off...can't remember when I wore it last. Razz

Great Bridget! The rebel side is a little lean, so it will be great to have our GGG members do shifts in both costumes. I was at the fair today and the kids really had a great time interacting with us, playing on the whole 'look out, there are stormtroopers over there!' thing.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
newjedigirl (Rachel Miller)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to get there on Sunday by 1pm. I will find you guys when I get there and figure out about changing and what the schedule is. Looking forward to the fun. Jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: