About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=555bf9131f8f8c9d657bb5541e3960d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Alcatraz group visit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amanita ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Alcatraz group visit? Reply with quote

Here's an idea I may as well throw out for everyone to chew on.
We do lots of events for everybody else, why not do something fun for ourselves?
I am planning to be in San Francisco over Halloween weekend this year, and also planning to bring my Jedi kit. Either normal Jedi or Shaak Ti, if I can get her done in time.
I was thinking it might be cool to go to Alcatraz in full Jedi regalia, and that's what got me thinking- Why not make it a group affair?

Would anyone be interested in doing a group night tour of Alcatraz, perhaps the night before Halloween?
I won't say Halloween because I imagine lots of folks have parties, trick or treating or other things for the big night itself.

Here's the info for pre-arranged group visits to Alcatraz- If less than 15 of us want in, then we can just book our own seperate tickets. However, if 15 or more people want in, then Alcatraz management wants to know, so arrangements can be made.

http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/groups.aspx

If there are enough people interested in doing this, then perhaps somebody from the bay area could do the talking involved- They don't like real weapons on the island, but might allow lightsabers and the like as long as somebody showed them that our props are generally harmless and assured them that given our reputation for professionalism, there will NOT be problems with group members engaging in idiotic behavior like duelling inside the prison or "freaking the mundanes" on purpose.

This might even be appropriate as a family event- people could bring their families with them, including kids who would not be scared or bored.

What do you guys think? Would something like this be do-able?
Apologies if I have overstepped my bounds posting an idea like this.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your idea is fine... I just know a lot of us get very busy around Halloween so I personally can't begin to commit to anything like this at this early stage in the year. Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Amanita ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking night before, but night after might also be a possibility..I think the night tours run thursday through sunday. Or even do it on a thursday night, perhaps. Two nights before halloween might be easier for some folk.

I figured I would throw the idea out there early- that way if enough people think it's cool and want to do it, we can start planning.
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be great to do a group activity, whether in costume or casual clothes. Like Kathy, it's hard for me to commit to something this far in advance, but it sounds interesting.

In terms of scheduling, I suspect that a weekend-evening would work better for many people, rather than a work-night, generally speaking.
Taeriel's costume page
Amanita ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked a ticket for myself to visit Alcatraz- it's for the night tour, on friday, oct 30 at 4:20 pm. If anyone else wants in, I am pretty sure they still have tickets.
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of us are doing events that night, I'm doing the chabot science center thing in oakland and the rest are doing the hiller aviation museum in san carlos
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there the weekend after.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: