About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a7e1edf891aaa7a8d350dbd4d69db20bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event Req: Marin County Fair July 1-5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

User Registered Confirmed
KitfoxSun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 amSun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am
nebelwerferWed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pmWed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm
Master MinaTue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm
JedHeadTue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Jaina SoloThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm
Anasian SkywalkerFri Jun 19, 2009 6:28 pm
Kay_DeeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am
Leia1138Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
The display sounds cool. The good news is I'm having my Jedi boots re-soled so that they have support and I can stand in them for a long time. And Granny fixed my Obi and belt so that I can be in costume for hours on end, whether that be standing or marching or being detained by the 501st...or whatever.

Even if I'm not selected for this event, I'm set for future events.

Also, my Luminara costume is almost complete. I'm working on the leather apron and wrist guards this weekend at Tandy's. The stage make-up will be ordered next weekend and my custom made Luminara hilt and saber has been finished and will be ready for pickup this Friday.

I'm not sure if I can get this costume approved in time by the RL Committee for this event. I think I'd rather hold off on wearing this costume at a fair, since most of the material is lace, velvet and leather.

Robin, it's great to hear your Luminara costume is almost done! If you do complete it before the fair and send me photos... I can try to give you temporary approval if I honestly think it looks like it should pass RL approval. Just let me know.

So far we don't have an overwhelming number of Jedi signing up, so I don't see why you wouldn't be approved to troop this event. If there are more than two Jedi, then you'd just have to take turns on the floor through the day which is pretty easy to work out once you are there. Or, if you have a pilot or other type of character to walk around with in the park the Jedi are permitted to wander the fairgrounds if they are with another type of SW costumer. I know that sounds slighty complicated, but they just didn't want 2 Jedi wandering alone, or a single Jedi alone. They want a mix. (and when I say "they" this is what Mike has worked out as far as permissions go with the Marin Fair).

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK everyone - I have an update from Mike. He needs people at the very least to let him know how many days they will be volunteering at the fair within the next few days. He understands some of you are waiting for work schedules, but he has to order our parking passes in the next few days and has asked everyone who is thinking of volunteering to let him know how many days they will be volunteering.

I've updated our volunteer list on the first page of this thread. Please double check it to make sure I have you down for the times/dates you have requested. I want to make sure I have not missed anyone

I need the following individuals who confirmed attendance to e-mail me their mailing addresses so that I can give them to Mike. This is so he can mail you your parking passes (if you are a 501st member and already gave Mike this info through the GGG forums just let me know). Thanks Smile

Jaina Solo
JedHead
Leia1138
Kitfox
lotonam20
Newjedigirl
Trooperdad

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

Robin, it's great to hear your Luminara costume is almost done! If you do complete it before the fair and send me photos... I can try to give you temporary approval if I honestly think it looks like it should pass RL approval. Just let me know.

So far we don't have an overwhelming number of Jedi signing up, so I don't see why you wouldn't be approved to troop this event. If there are more than two Jedi, then you'd just have to take turns on the floor through the day which is pretty easy to work out once you are there. Or, if you have a pilot or other type of character to walk around with in the park the Jedi are permitted to wander the fairgrounds if they are with another type of SW costumer. I know that sounds slighty complicated, but they just didn't want 2 Jedi wandering alone, or a single Jedi alone. They want a mix. (and when I say "they" this is what Mike has worked out as far as permissions go with the Marin Fair).

Thanks for the offer on the temporary costume approval. Unfortunately, the carving part of the leather apron and wrist guards is taking longer than I thought, not to mention the dye part as well (I'm hiring an artist to hand paint and dye the pieces)...The design is very difficult with lots of little details. So my Luminara costume won't be ready for the fair. The lightsaber is AWESOME though. Matches the saber that was used in EPII. I'll be sporting it on my Jedi costume at the Fair. Mr. Green

I'm pretty pleased with the way this costume turned out. Granny out did herself. It should be ready for approval within the next two months, after the leather pieces have been finished.

Not a problem about the fair rules for working the event in costume and not wondering off alone. Like I said, the sole on my boots have been modified so that they give support for standing, so I'm good to go all day if they want me to.

Am I suppose to "Confirm" myself on the front page? Or do you do that once we are 'officially' approved?
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin,

I have you down for July 3rd as a Jedi. You are the only Jedi so far (unless Karin decides to wear her Jedi costume for a portion of the day which is also fine). So, that means I'll be asking Mike to mail you a single parking pass (you already sent me your address info along with Tom).

The unconfirmed people are the ones who I have listed as interested, but no dates assigned. So it's those individuals (myself included!) that I at least need to know how many days they think they'll be at the fair for sure so Mike can order the correct number of parking passes.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jaina Solo (Shea Standefer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the only day I'll be available for this is Sunday, July 5th. I'll have to be out of there by about 4pm to catch my rehearsal at 5, but that'll still give me 4 good hours to volunteer. I'll probably be wearing my Jedi costume, unless my Slave Leia comes in before then (I don't even know if that is an appropriate costume for the fair, so we'll just say I'm wearing the Jedi costume.)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaina Solo wrote:
Looks like the only day I'll be available for this is Sunday, July 5th. I'll have to be out of there by about 4pm to catch my rehearsal at 5, but that'll still give me 4 good hours to volunteer. I'll probably be wearing my Jedi costume, unless my Slave Leia comes in before then (I don't even know if that is an appropriate costume for the fair, so we'll just say I'm wearing the Jedi costume.)

Thanks Shea, I will get your info to Mike. Yeah, I suspect that even if your Slave Leia is in by then it might be safer to stick to Jedi. I'll run it by Mike again, but I didn't get any word from him last time I asked.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Dale and I will be available for the 3rd and/or 4th for this. I haven't heard on any more info on jedi needed (how many, face characters)? I'd like to do duty at the RL area (being LXO and all), but all my costumes are face characters, unless I do a generic jedi. Otherwise, it'll be TIE Pilot on the other side for me. Sad

Kathy, I'll e-mail Mike my address.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, I'm compiling a list of volunteers, costume questions - etc to submit to Mike this week. I will CC Karen and you on it, since Karen is there all days she is the team leader and I want her to be in the loop on all communications.

I'm personally trying to figure out if it is realistic for me to attend on Wed. I won't be avaiable any other days of the fair since I am leaving early Thurs morning to go camping (driving home on Sunday) and I have to pack on Wed and do some grocery shopping as there are no grocery stores in the woods!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
lotonam20 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Updated dates Reply with quote

Just wanted to update my dates as we are getting closer to the event.

I am going to have to change to just the one day, July 4th. I will be unable to attend on the 5th. Hope that's ok.

Also, I will be attending with my husband Bill Parsons (in the GGG). I believe he will be getting the parking passes through them.

Amadalia
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated dates Reply with quote

lotonam20 wrote:
Just wanted to update my dates as we are getting closer to the event.

I am going to have to change to just the one day, July 4th. I will be unable to attend on the 5th. Hope that's ok.

Also, I will be attending with my husband Bill Parsons (in the GGG). I believe he will be getting the parking passes through them.

Amadalia

Thanks for the update Natalia. I will forward it to Mike Morris. I figured Bill would be taking care of your parking pass too and let Mike know that you guys are together. Have fun!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shae - I heard from Mike and he feels that your Jaina Solo costume will fit in with the Rebel Camp a little better than Slave Leia since it's not exactly Jabba's palace Wink So plan on bringing Jaina. Thanks!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not too late to change my date; I just got my rehearsal schedule for the month of July and they ended up giving us 4th of July off and not the 5th. If its too late to change the date I can still make it on Sunday, but only for the first two hours. Otherwise, I'll be able to make it all day Saturday (the 4th). So sorry for all the trouble!
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shae (and this goes for everyone actually) -

It's not too late to switch dates around. The parking passes and fair passes have not been mailed out yet. And even once they are mailed out, I'm told they don't apply to any specific day. So even if someone has a day change at the last minute after their passes have been mailed it's not a problem to change. Just let us know here so at least Karen, our team leader, will kind of know who to expect and what costumes we have to rotate through the exhibit and fairgrounds.

Thanks!

So Shae, is your preference to change days, or do two hours your original day? Just let me know.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some updates:

1) If people still need to request days, parking passes + fair passes you still have time. They have not been mailed out yet.

2) If you change your day at the last minute once the passes have been mailed it's not a problem. Our parking passes/fairground passes are not for specific days. They will work any day, but they are collected when you arrive at the fair.

3) For any GGG members - even if you think you may only troop in your RL costume - Mike has asked that all of you post your availability at the GGG forum and personally e-mail him your addresses. I've given him a list, but going forward he's asked me to only update him with RL "only" members and GGG members can post/contact him through the GGG forum even if they are wearing RL costumes.

4) Karen Katich (Kitfox) will be our Team leader at the fair every day. I won't be there, so please take any instructions she has for our team regarding weapons, code of conduct, working out shifts so that not everyone is in their 501st costume at once (We want to try to avoid leaving the RL camp empty... ) etc. She's very familiar with the fair and will be wearing both 501st and RL costumes through the week.

5) Since we will be 'characters' at the fair we have been asked to keep as close to 'in character' mannerisms, behavior, etc as possible when we are interacting with guests. This is our chance to see a little of what it's like for Disney costumed cast members! So have fun with it Smile

6) The fair has asked for 2-3 Rebel costume volunteers for the private gala preview on the evening of Tuesday June 30th. I'm making a separate sign-up thread for that here.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not too much trouble, I'll go ahead and switch my day to Saturday. That way I can pretty much volunteer the entire day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: