About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d0f4bd2c1bb86cc1cf5978819a62f792Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

KC Make-a-Wish Foundation Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
gandalfbmgMon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm
GsWookieThu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 pm
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: KC Make-a-Wish Foundation Event
Event from Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 pm to Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Name of Event: KC Make-a-Wish Foundation
Event Begins: Sat, Aug 29, 2009 09:00 am
Event Ends: Sat, Aug 29, 2009 11:00 am
Location of Event:
Oak Park Mall
11149 W 95th street
Overland Park , KS

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: Charity

Will there be a place for troopers to change? TBA

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? TBA

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? Mall Parking

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the Rebel Legion/ Dantooine Base? Yes

Are 501st /Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? 1-100

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for base members traveling a great distance?

Additional information or comments: Special thanks to Curt for hooking us up with this event! Basically its the same old drill for us. Alot of details are still up in the air but i will update it as i get it. This is a first time event for Make a Wish here in KC so Id LOVE to see a big turnout for this to help get our foot in the door with their organization.

Canon costumes only please.

Every participant receives a commemorative t-shirt.
Children 5 and under are FREE!
Free entertainment and refreshments for all.
Visit with Bearemy® the bear, Clowns, Costume Characters & more.
Children’s activities including face painting & balloon animals.
Make-A-Wish will present one special child the wish of a life time following the walk!
Jale Darett (Dennis Bain)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be safe to assume that by "canon" that generic old republic Jedi would be welcome...if so it will give me a reason to buy new belt...LMAO
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jale Darett wrote:
Would it be safe to assume that by "canon" that generic old republic Jedi would be welcome...if so it will give me a reason to buy new belt...LMAO

The Cannon status of your costumes is on it's page in the system, I checked yours and it is (most are really).

Though, if you get the RFT done and and some of the other folks around her are game too, I was thinking we should make this a big turn out of 35 SOC so we can show our strength in numbers... (yes, I have a selfish motivation, mostly that I don't want to have to regrow the beard for Obi-Wan plus I tore up the chest armor to redo it and I don't want another 'deadline').

Oh, I REALLY hope both us and the 501st can really show a great turnout and do a good job, because Make a Wish is kinda like the holy grail of charity organizations for us to work with, and this is going to be our first impression with them in this area...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone commiting one way or the other on this? It's make a wish folks, let's not disappoint...

We should have an R2 as well. I'm still trying to figure out details like where exactly we need to go at Oak Park for this and all that too Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest info on when to be there and where to go:
Quote:
Here's the latest info I have from our contacts at Make-A-Wish. The event is basically planned out in three sections. The first is from 8:30am - 9, and we'll be mingling with the participants and others while they are being registered for the walk in front of the Dillard's store on the lower level. The walk itself is planned from 9 - 10 and consists of one circuit of both the first and second floors of the mall. From what I understand we will be spaced out along the length of the walk, and there will be other costumers there as well for the walkers to interact with. I'm not sure yet as to what, if anything, they would like us to do during the walk itself - I'll try to find out and let everyone know. The last part of the event is from 9:45 - 11 and we'll again be mingling for photo ops in the food court on the upper level.

Check in is by 8:15am, but since they would like for us to be ready at 8:30 for the registration process, it will probably be best for us to be there at 8am. Our check-in location is on the upper level by Macy's. Right now there will be access in the mall offices to store our tubs in, but unfortunately we're not allowed to actually change in there. Our contacts suggest using the mall restrooms as they will not be in use. We could either do that, or if preferred we could change out in the parking lot. This might change so I'll keep everyone up-to-date.

Here's a link to a map of Oak Park Mall for those who aren't familiar with the layout so you can see whereabouts we need to park (probably the food court mall entrance near Macy's on the upper level) and the different areas we'll be trooping in: http://www.thenewoakparkmall.com/shop/oakpark.nsf/directory

GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll most likely be attending this as "costume support" for those of you that will need it and to take pictures for us. It all depends on if Gwen goes to her grandparents this weekend. If she does, then I'll be there!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I really should check on here more often Embarassed I would have loved to have gone.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Venomous wrote:
Shocked I really should check on here more often Embarassed

I know how to remind you to check more often...
whack

Evil or Very Mad

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=31560&id=1070269804&l=98aaa19db0

GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a lot of fun (even if I was just "costume support") and it was great hanging out w/ R2 and Gary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: