About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c51b9f109f698317b976e0ea428e7b23Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event Req: Marin County Fair July 1-5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

User Registered Confirmed
KitfoxSun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 amSun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am
nebelwerferWed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pmWed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm
Master MinaTue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm
JedHeadTue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Jaina SoloThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm
Anasian SkywalkerFri Jun 19, 2009 6:28 pm
Kay_DeeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am
Leia1138Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
Update...I just got an invite to a wedding on July 4th, so that narrows down the days for me to troop

No problem, I made the edit so you are down for the 3rd.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
lotonam20 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
lotonam20 wrote:
I can do Saturday and Sunday, if you all think my EP I Queen Amidala would be right for the event.
My husband Bill has signed up as a Stormtrooper for the GGG for those days as well.
One thing is I would need to do the event in shifts on those days, because of the weight of the head piece. I am open on what times I would be needed, and Bill and I will try to be there both days.

Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I think your Amidala costume should be great! I do have to run all costumes by Mike but from what I understand your costume would be fine and you might just have to do shifts if there is a second Padme character (you guys could switch back and forth, or one could possibly roam the fair with a Jedi for example) Shall I let Mike Morris know you'll be there all day but doing shifts because you need long breaks?

Yes, that sounds great. Shifts will work best for me anyway. I will be there for most of the days as needed.
We will keep in touch. Amadalia
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE - 5-9-09 FROM MIKE

Hi,

We just had another planning meeting with the Fair management, and this year is going to be markedly different (and better!) from previous years. Typically, the Creatures and Models Exhibit area was set up just as its name implied... an exhibit (very 'museum' like). While there was 'highlight' and accent lighting, the hall's florescent fixtures remained on. This year, the C&M area will be 'closed off' from the other exhibit areas, with the walls covered in 15' high black drapes, and the florescent lighting will be turned off. A computer controlled lighting & sound system which allows lighting effects to be 'choreographed' to sound and other effects (fog, lasers, etc) will be employed providing highly coordinated lights, music, and effect for our displays. There will be 2 distinct sound tracks: In the Imperial "camp", the music will be Empire oriented, with "trooper chatter' and 'tank operations' sound effects. The Rebel camp will likewise have 'Rebel' themes, and appropriate background sound efx.

With the ability to control the lighting and sound throughout the exhibit, the presentation this year will be much closer to a theme park attraction, rather than just an 'exhibit' with Star Wars characters. We can devise creative ways for Imperials and Rebels to interact in the environment as well, although space limitations do not permit something as ambitious as mock battles, etc. However, given sufficient participation (so the exhibit always has sufficient characters at both camps), we can also organize small Imperial and Rebel "patrols", which can roam the fairgrounds outside. There is great potential for some interesting Imperial / Rebel interaction as well... with perhaps some 'capture / detain' scenarios... or whatever other creative things the GGG can devise to entertain the fair visitors (ideas always welcome!)

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!

I will be attending the Marin Fair on July 1st thru July 5th!! I got confirmation of vacation time for the 1st, and my work schedule was changed due to travel I have to do on the 7th, so I get Sunday the 5th off as well.

My confirmed dates attending:
July 1 - 5th.

costumes:

Zam Wessel, Maris Brood, Old Republic Jedi, Padme - Ep2 Lavender Dress (Informal/Non-canon), Padme - Ep1 Battle Dress (yet to be RL approved), Leia - ANH Senatorial (yet to be RL approved)

I will not have my Queen Amidala Red Senate costume available as I have submitted it as an entry for the Fair this year.

Karen Katich
Maris Brood
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going, either as xwing pilot or ESB luke, depending on if there are other "lukes" there
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebelwerfer wrote:
im going, either as xwing pilot or ESB luke, depending on if there are other "lukes" there

Attention Tom: Can you please tell me what days and times you are signing up for since the fair is for several days? We will need to know the definte days you are attending becuase they need to mail you parking passes as well as have a head count of who and what costumes will be there each day of the fair.

I can tell you right now that your X-wing pilot costume is the costume to bring rather than Luke for this event. That's what the 501st and the marin fair has requested first and foremost for this exhibit, X-wing pilots and helmeted costumes please. Thanks for singing up!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitfox wrote:
UPDATE!!!

I will be attending the Marin Fair on July 1st thru July 5th!!

I will not have my Queen Amidala Red Senate costume available as I have submitted it as an entry for the Fair this year.

Karen Katich
Maris Brood

Great! How fun to enter your costume in the fair. I remember seeing other costumes on display 2 years ago from Shrek.

It also works out well that you can be there each day as our primary team leader for the event. I doubt I can attend any of the dates due to a camping trip with my family we are scheduling around my sister and husband's time off work.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:

I could switch between TIE Pilot and Anakin for this. It would be nice to wear my Luke ROTJ though, only because of the fireworks each night - it would be like the end of the movie, except I'd need an Endor Leia to hug. Rolling Eyes

OR OR OR....a Wedge to hug

I would like to confirm my availability for the 5th as xwing pilot!

Last edited by nebelwerfer () on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbuck (david buckley)
Endor Base XO
Endor Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was going to be able to attend a couple of days and was waiting on work scheduling to finalize, but since business has been slower we're not closing, and since several people are on vacation I now have almost zero ability to attend.
Too bad, it sounds fun.

Einstein

newjedigirl (Rachel Miller)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have been off the rader screen lately. I can go on July 4th, since its my day off. I am dogsitting that weekend so afternoon is best for me, say 2pm-close. I need time in the morning to get the dog out if I am going to be gone the rest of the day. Since I only have a Jedi costume I know it will be contingent on who else signs up. I could also do Sunday July 5th afternoon instead if that works better.
Jaina Solo (Shea Standefer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be able to let you know my availability about 2 weeks ahead of time. I'll keep you posted!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The display sounds cool. The good news is I'm having my Jedi boots re-soled so that they have support and I can stand in them for a long time. And Granny fixed my Obi and belt so that I can be in costume for hours on end, whether that be standing or marching or being detained by the 501st...or whatever.

Even if I'm not selected for this event, I'm set for future events.

Also, my Luminara costume is almost complete. I'm working on the leather apron and wrist guards this weekend at Tandy's. The stage make-up will be ordered next weekend and my custom made Luminara hilt and saber has been finished and will be ready for pickup this Friday.

I'm not sure if I can get this costume approved in time by the RL Committee for this event. I think I'd rather hold off on wearing this costume at a fair, since most of the material is lace, velvet and leather.
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebelwerfer wrote:
OR OR OR....a Wedge to hug

OR OR OR...You need a HAN to hug...LOL
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go on sunday july 5th!
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike has asked for "Rebel" input in putting together a soundtrack for our side of the display at the marin County Fair. (Woo hoo... we'll have some sound!) Any creative input or suggestions would really be appreciated Smile (This isn't my area of creativity so to speak. I'm more of a visual person/sewer - lol!)

Quote:
I am building the sound track for our upcoming (and future) Imperial / Rebel display, and would like to solicit ideas regarding what would be heard on a "Rebel" radio frequency...
Things like:
"Echo Leader to Echo base... no sign of Imperial scouts in sector 1138..." "Roger Echo Leader, continue surveillance. Echo Base out."
"Rogue 7 reporting... on approach to outer marker..."

If you have ideas of what other sort of 'chatter' would be heard, please post your ideas. If you are really ambitious, you can even record your ideas, and upload the WAV file here.

If you have "Imperial" ideas, I'd like to hear them also. I'm planning to supplement the Imperial radio chatter (used on TX-203 static displays) with more troopers as well.

Thanks !

When ever the tank is displayed (statically), a 'sound track' is played, where its 'operational' sounds can be heard (low rumbling of its 'repulsor lifts', electronic bleeps now and then, etc.) Every 10 or so minutes, an Imperial Star Wars theme is played which lasts 2-4 minutes. In the space between the themes, you can hear stormtrooper radio calls. Imagine being in a deployed military vehicle, where you can hear the radio communications of on going operations.. trooper to trooper... trooper to tank... tank to trooper... command to tank... command to troopers... etc. Essentially just the background chatter one hears on a 2-way radio.

For use at the Marin County Fair (and at future static display sites when the X-wing is deployed), I am assembling a similar sound track for the X-wing and Rebel side. So I'm interested in soliciting ideas as to what would be heard in these communication... the radio 'chatter' that one would hear on "rebel" frequencies. Imagine an X-wing has landed during a mission, and is in the middle of an 'operation'. What kinds of radio communications between rebels, between outposts and the rebel base, between other fighters 'in the air', etc, would be likely to be heard.

Hope that helps ... Thanks...!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: