About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93b031a7e548aea9a554d74acd1b8c4aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Free Comic Book Day - Kansas City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(2)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
gandalfbmgThu Apr 02, 2009 8:30 pm
oba-winn8403Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:13 pm
Darth VenomousSat Apr 11, 2009 5:41 am
Darth MurdaraSat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Free Comic Book Day - Kansas City
Event from Sat May 02, 2009 4:30 pm to Sat May 02, 2009 7:30 pm

When:
Saturday, May 2
10:30 AM to 2 PM (store opens at 11, so be there early please!)

Where:
Elite Comics
11842 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS
(913) 345-9910

What:
It's Free Comic Book Day, so head out to help spread the word, espeically since one of the issues being given out is a Clone Wars comic.

Clone Wars or Prequel era costumes preferred for those that have them, but beyond that check out the list of issues above in case you have some non-SW costume related to one of them that's fine too; then beyond that just whatever Star Wars costume you have is AOK.

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Mon May 11, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to be there. Though I might be in my Viper if it's done by then as there is a GI Joe/Transformers comic coming out that day. We'll just have to see. Cool
Darth Murdara ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jamie's going, chances are I will too.
I can come as a Jawa. Mr. Green
oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg,

If you are still going to be at Elite Comics this weekend, I was planning to join you. I may have 2-3 friends that are only a couple items away from being in the Rebel Legion with me, if that's ok. These guys were in my wedding party last year, so you probably saw pics of them a while back and know the costumes are of great quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oba-winn8403 wrote:
gandalfbmg,

If you are still going to be at Elite Comics this weekend, I was planning to join you. I may have 2-3 friends that are only a couple items away from being in the Rebel Legion with me, if that's ok. These guys were in my wedding party last year, so you probably saw pics of them a while back and know the costumes are of great quality.

That's great, we'll be there for sure, and your friends should be OK, my son's trooping too and he's 10 years away from being a member.

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since the event, but I finally got some pictures up online to post here.

I met with Bart, his wife, and son a little after 11 (we were running late) at the comic shop. I had brought with me my wife Cristin, my nephew Tyler, and my friends Greg and Ben Fifer. (I am still trying to get Ben and Greg signed up with RL, but they haven't quite committed yet Wink.)

The couple of hours we were there was a lot of fun. There were a few other costumers there not in the RL, including a Green Lantern (John Stewart style), Hawkgirl, and Supergirl. We stayed outside for a good portion of the time we were there, since hte shop was a bit small and there were lots of people coming in and out. So, we basically guarded the doorway and greeted people as they came by.

A few stopped to get pictures with us, and the owner of the shop even got us some pizza to share for coming out and helping!

Here are a few pics from the event.

Me and Bart chatting it up:

One of many lightsaber duels throughout the day Very Happy

Everyone that showed up (right to left): Greg Davis, Ben Watkins, Cristin Thompson-Watkins, Tyler, Sarah German, Bart's son Marcus, Bart German, Ben Fifer.

Last edited by oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins) on Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pics! Those are awesome! We just call Marcus Padawan but he insists he's a Jedi Knight.... LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: