Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0dd826030bd363db40199e893946ba50Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

clone wars armour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: clone wars armour Reply with quote

Please point me in the direction of folks making good clone wars armor for persons of height 5'5" and medium build. ( size 10-12)

If you have one and are interested in selling it /kit or completed, contact me.

Last edited by jedibarriss () on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
darthig88 (Ed Bartlebaugh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested as well???????

Thanks
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check with John Schlosser (jschloss) here in the Rebel Legion:Endor Base. He has a clone, and quite a few! So check with him on how he was making his or he may be able to help point you in the direction.

Karen Katich
dork vader ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think OSCS would be the best option for shorter clones. They make short and tall versions. These kits tend to pop up from time to time in various forums (501st, clonetroopers.net, rpf etc.) under the sale threads. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: clone wars armour Reply with quote

jedibarriss wrote:
Please point me in the direction of folks making good clone wars armor for persons of height 5'5" and medium build. ( size 10-12)

Are you looking for movie-accurate (AOTC, ROTS) Clonetrooper armor, The Clone Wars-styled Clonetrooper armor or Clone Wars Jedi shoulder armor?
All three types are available, to some degree.
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to move it to COR, however you have to be a member. I'm leaving this as a shadow topic in for sale however moved it to Rebel Troopers, in hopes that either a post or pm will be sent your way from a clone member or LCJ.,

Good luck Terry!

Kyle Darklighter (Garrett K McCarthy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dork vader wrote:
I think OSCS would be the best option for shorter clones. They make short and tall versions. These kits tend to pop up from time to time in various forums (501st, clonetroopers.net, rpf etc.) under the sale threads. Hope that helps.

Well I've talked with the maker and they are not able to properly fit someone under 5' 8" 150 lbs. Terry is around the same height as me so it would be doubtful it could be made to fit.

Garrett
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Darklighter wrote:
dork vader wrote:
I think OSCS would be the best option for shorter clones. They make short and tall versions.

Well I've talked with the maker and they are not able to properly fit someone under 5' 8" 150 lbs.

I would not call it impossible.
Someone on (the now closed) Clone-Empire forum modified armor to fit his wife, and I think that she must have been around 5' 5". It is not something for the faint of heart, though.
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am faint of heart and totally inexperienced with armor! I have put off doing armor for the size reason but I have wanted to do an atoc clone for a while and finally got the helmet and am working on it. No sense in a naked clone with just a helmet and under armor Laughing
General Fidelis (Tom T.)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedibarriss wrote:
Unfortunately I am faint of heart and totally inexperienced with armor! I have put off doing armor for the size reason but I have wanted to do an atoc clone for a while and finally got the helmet and am working on it. No sense in a naked clone with just a helmet and under armor Laughing

Well, that depends on the clone. Wink Laughing

You can modify clone armor quite a bit, so don't lose all hope, just yet. Try to get ahold of a set of Java Monkey (JM) armor. He doesn't make it anymore, but I could check around for you. That kit is made for a smaller body size and may work for you. The most important thing is to fit it properly to yourself.

There's also animated clone armor that will be available, this year. OSCS (Kevin) and Sci-Fire are both designing kits, now. Those may be workable options for you, as well.

Clones of the Republic (COR) Detachment Founder
Former Clone Trooper LCJ
TC-9927
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been in touch with Kevin and Lewis but it is for folks with much longer legs and at 5feet 10 inches.

Perhaps we should start a 'short clone troopers unit" and make the demand for the armor and then someone will make it! Wink
jschlosser ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry,

I responded to your PM.. OSCS short set should work out for you if you don't want to wait for the animated set that Tom mentioned.

You'll just need to trim it more, but it can work out.

We have a 5'7" trooper who fit himself to Glover armor.. and that stuff is made for people who are like 6'2".. so it can be done.. it just will take some work.

Schlosser
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question along the same line but it is in regard to Jedi General armor...

I contacted one person whose name was given to me by someone who had the pieces...
but the maker never replied...I was warned that the armor maker wasn't reliable..

Is there anyone making the hard pieces for Jedi Generals from either of the Cartoon Network series?

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the non-computer generated cartoon? The one that came out before Episode III.

I did a Jedi General for CIII and used armor that Jedi Mickey made. Although all I used were the leg and arm pieces.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an Ep3 female clone who is 5'5" and she used a set of the same Atin armor I have st 5' 10" and it came out great. You just use the base armor and start cutting it down until it fits you, no armor is truly fit for the masses, they are all different but all clones no matter what kit they choose has to custom fit their armor to their own specs.

That's part of what makes doing a clone such a challenge. But once you start the fitting and cutting it goes pretty smoothly, it's just making that first cut that scares so many in the beginning. I put my clone together myself with no help other than reading through endless threads on the subject and some excellent feedback from our fellow clones. Took me almost 4 months from start to finish but it came out great and you will learn so much in the process.

You'll either love it and build many more in the future or you'll hate it and never even think about doing another. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: