About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=734ea0f1dee1fbe64d1d197812174978Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New 35th SOC Logo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jale Darett (Dennis Bain)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, a little off topic, but I think that Ben's first image would make a great t-shirt design with all the detail on the blaster and the helmet...

Now back to your regularly schedule discussion...
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
Shivannd wrote:
gandalfbmg wrote:
Does anyone w/ experience in this matter know if spilling off the border like that will add to the cost significantly on things like patches?

I will check with Stadri and let you know.
Can you or Ben PM me with the pricing that you got so that I can compare.
Thanks

We haven't actually gotten quotes from anyone yet whistling We were waiting until we had the design finalized so we'd know the colors, etc. It's just an educated guess that non-standard shapes adds cost vs. a straight-up(side down) triangle...

Edit: But for comparison, when I ran a patch run for the KC FF a couple years ago, it was 3.74/ea (raw price before shipping, paypal, etc.) for 3in round four color patches, that was for 50 count... that was with Americn Patch.

I got an email back from Stadri and from what I can tell the 100 count are about $2.00 per and the 200 are about $1.50 per with the cut border.
I have an email into them to check and make sure that is correct.
When I hear I will post
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's too unreasonable... What say you all? Do we want to see a 'triangle only, states-outside-the-lines' version?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dirk steele (karl)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the triangle circle one
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the circle one was an option....i removed that one from the thread
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirk steele wrote:

Yeah, I kinda wanted to nix the circle-triangle idea, because I have a 'branding' vision for us that is thus:

The vast majority of RL bases have a circular logo. Ours sticks out that it's the circle and triangle, so the inverted triangle can bee seen as a trademark of ours that sticks out. So, would like to see all of our 'sub-base' units (squads, temples, etc.) adopt that inverted triangle as their group logo base-shape -- to show it as 'subbordinate' to the base and also preserving our 'trademark'...

PS: unless everyone thinks I'm being a corporate drone about this and hates this, I hope the folks doing the Dantaari Temple logo are paying attention Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dirk steele (karl)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
dirk steele wrote:

Yeah, I kinda wanted to nix the circle-triangle idea, because I have a 'branding' vision for us that is thus:

The vast majority of RL bases have a circular logo. Ours sticks out that it's the circle and triangle, so the inverted triangle can bee seen as a trademark of ours that sticks out. So, would like to see all of our 'sub-base' units (squads, temples, etc.) adopt that inverted triangle as their group logo base-shape -- to show it as 'subbordinate' to the base and also preserving our 'trademark'...

PS: unless everyone thinks I'm being a corporate drone about this and hates this, I hope the folks doing the Dantaari Temple logo are paying attention Wink

thats kinda of on the lines of what i was thinking .
oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shared shape among the units definitely says "unity" to any onlooker.

I am 100% for this idea. Thumbs up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since we're in agreement on the shape and the cost isn't too bad, lets git a boder-spilling triangle-only version of this bad boy for an official approval vote Very Happy

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 voting open now:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16967

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: