Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=49b6cbb4d15d44cc4542eebfd6d38cb6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blaster Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jale Darett (Dennis Bain)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Blaster Question Reply with quote

With the Rebel Trooper Blaster so horridly hard to find, what other blasters are allowed for this costume?
DL 44
Clone
E-11?
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Blaster Question Reply with quote

Jale Darett wrote:
With the Rebel Trooper Blaster so horridly hard to find, what other blasters are allowed for this costume?
DL 44
Clone
E-11?

Dude, I've got two of the nerf ones in the closet waiting to be painted... I still spot one every now and then at the store and pick it up for just this purpose, I might be able to help Wink

Are these pretty much sold out of stores now then, as they're getting harder to find?

I'm not really an expert on the requirements and the blaster numbers, so someone more qualified will have to speak to that...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jale Darett (Dennis Bain)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, since PCC I've looked in 3 Wal Marts and a Target and can only find the Storm Trooper, General Grievous, and the Clone Trooper Blasters. Looked online at Amazon, and they're wanting about $45 for one. But on the good side I hope to be ordering my helmet within the week (have to take care of a traffic ticket first...meh)
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online and e-Bay are probably the only way to get the Nerf Rebel Blaster.

However, since you are already a full Rebel Legion member, you do not have to have the blaster for your costume application to be accepted; it would simply be tagged "Informal" but would do nothing to hinder participation in events.

There is still the PVC Blaster Builder's Club with instructions for creating the DH-17 out of PVC pipe and wood. This used to be the only option before Master Replicas and Hasbro made the blaster

Or you can do the pikestaff. Very Happy
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, funny you would mention that Donna, I was juuuust looking at Force Pikes on Wokkiepdea....LOL
But Bart, if you do have one you would be willing to part with let me know how much you would want for it, and we'll see if we can work something out...
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare to be different! Very Happy

A force pike would be really good for keeping pesky kids in line at events. Wink
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, if you can go with the long gun, go with the Endor Rebel Trooper blaster. Cool Evil or Very Mad

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, I found a RFT Nerf blaster at the K-Mart by my work and picked it up. It's yours if you want it, I'll send you a PM soon Wink

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam actually moding a nerf dart one I won on E-bay two weeks ago. I don't understand why they don't either make an electronic version of this or re relases it for kids

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: