About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=41a2c09a6b3af4f4d5679f8cdb1140f1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costume projects
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Costume projects Reply with quote

So I thought it would be nice to have a thread where announce and talk about our current projects. I've seen Camilla's postins of her Visas Marr costume in the jedi forum, and I don't think she's the only one working on new costumes.

Anyway here's what I'm doing at the moment.

The repairs of my chestbox, that fell to pieces in Stockholm, has taken a bit of a backseat. It still works as formal even without the white bag and hose, and I don't want to make another "bad" one. The next one should be a good looking chestbox.

Instead I've just bought almost everything I need to start with the classic Leia. The only things missing are leather or vinyl for the belt and more fake hair for my wig.

The wig was a disappointment, I bought it on recommendation from people here but it turned out to be way too small. I'm hoping to be able to sew on more hair so that I can get decent sized buns anyway. Since I do have enough hair of my own to make the ESB-style bun or small classic buns (even if they are blonde) I'll wait with the fake hair for a while longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on two costumes:

The first one is upgrading my ANH/ROTJ X-wing pilot's costume into a ESB Snowspeeder pilot's costume. Provided that I can get hold of a orange water-resistant poplin/nylon fabric for the jacket, I should have it finished by the con in Malmö, the last weekend of March.
I have got gauntlets and I am sculpting a comm pad to go on the left gauntlet. I just recently got hold of some material with a finer grid of holes for where the speaker is supposed to be, and I am about to cast one of the buttons in the front so that all five buttons are the same.
I have copied a borrowed jacket to pattern paper, and I am about to modify it.
I have identified real-world soft caps that are very similiar to the ones in the movie, worn underneath the helmets. I am bidding on one on eBay, but will sell it once I have copied and modified the pattern.

My other costume is a Clone Trooper. I don't think that it will be ready until fall. I would like to reuse some of the parts with a Jedi costume later on, provided that the costume could be approved as format.
I have got a kit of armor and some blaster parts, with a Ep3 helmet kit on the way. So far, I have assembled the left forearm and started assembling the left thigh. I have also resculpt and reinforced some of the crotch, because the plastic was too thin and it looked inaccurate.
Right after I had ordered me armor, I got to hear that a few guys in the Nordic Garrison (501st Legion) also had ordered armor, so we have got together and have ordered costume pieces and built armor together.
Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great, both of you Very Happy

As Johanna said, I'm working on a Visas Marr (from Knights of the Old Republic II) costume.

So far, I've made the headpiece (just missing the gold trim) and started on the black overdress. And Anton has made me a lightsaber, which I can't wait to see!
I hope to have it done in time for Malmö, perhaps even before then.
But it depends on when I can go to Aalborg and visit Lora, who is helping me make it Wink
- hopefully that will be soon.

Other than that, I need to work a little on my Barriss. There's a few things I'm not too happy about (the hood, for instance).

Oh, and, we can't have a thread like this without pictures, now, can we?
Pics of my Visas-project: Thread in the Jedi forum

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

Open to everything happy and sad,
Seeing the good when it's all going bad,
Focus on everything better today
Hold on to people they're slipping away...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vargman (Vargman Bjärsborn)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newest project is to try and make my new apprentice as welcome as he / she can be. Expected birth is in the end of august...
Unfortunately my girlfriends friend already named her daughter Leia so i cant use that name if it is a girl. (my boy, soon 6 years old is named Liam after the little youngling in episode II)

Besides that i am still trying to get my cash up to finishiing my X-wing suit. (Biggest thanks to Darth Lars that has helped me more than he ever needed)...
tb5573 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode III clonetrooper. FUll OSCS kit with all the extras is already bought (helmet left teh USA on Thursday) except for teh belt which will probably be a Sci-Fire since they are a bit better and easier to put together. Blaster coming from Woodchuck in teh States once I've got teh rest done. Shoes I'll make myself probably like I did with m Biker Scout.

Paint scheme is undecided. There are currently I think 6 of us workign on clones and we'd like to have as many as possible fro the same squad. Problem is that while we agree that a Commander Cody would be great, the other 212th plain clones look crap (very dull paint job) and the airborne trooper beehive helmet is practically impossible to get Sad

I've got my fingers crossed that we'll settle on the 41st Elite...

Åsa is working today (yes, I know it's Sunday) so I'm goingm to get more trimming done.

"A leader is a dealer in hope." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hopes that you guys are going to be pre-order 66*
Otherwise I think I'll have some serious running and hiding to do Razz Wink

Seriously, it sounds great Andrew!

Vargman; that sounds awesome! Good luck with the newcomer.
And another X-wing pilot would be great Smile

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tb5573 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Vargman, Liam is a good solid Irish name. I approve Smile

"A leader is a dealer in hope." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all those clones, I hope some of you will sign up on the rebel side as well. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's updates to be seen in my Visas-thread Very Happy

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten the fake leather I need for my Leia belt, so now I'm going to start with that a bit more seriously.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well tusken is a build and update outfit as sone you find new stuff Confused
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new orange snow-jacket is done, as is my comm pad sculpt.
I have some more mods to do to my helmet, a couple of things to paint and a soft under-helmet to sew. Unfortunately I have not (yet) got hold of a real flight helmet to steal the pattern from for the soft cap.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do find a pattern I would be happy if i could copy it, those Y-wing-helmets are a bit on the big side without an underhelmet.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, maybe I should write here, too... Wink

So, I've just begun the process of upgrading my Leia ceremonial before I submit it for formal approval. Yes, I actually did that before and then while we were discussing my fabric I ran across some new, much better fabric, and decided to hold off until I got the dress updated. This would be my second dress that gets virtually disassembled and put together with new fabric for the wing sleeves. Rolling Eyes So, it will take some time...

My other is my jedi which is a costume I'm always looking out for improving. I've just submitted it for approval, so cross fingers. Very Happy
Still hope to make it better with time, but it works fine as it is.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping your costume will be approved Lora Very Happy

My Visas version 1 is done and appoved!

And just in time for Malmö Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: