About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5519f369a1ae9daf482167b942d6acc7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obi-Wan ROTS Boots
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Wan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Obi-Wan ROTS Boots Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased any Obi-Wan ROTS boots lately? I am looking to get a pair and would like to know of any feedback or recommendations. Thanks for any information you can share.

Knights of the Jedi Order
The Jedi Assembly
1 Thessalonians 5:14
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
D-Wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help me in my search for ROTS Ob-Wan boots?

The Jedi Assembly
Jedi Pete (Peter stringer)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm affraid im in the same boat as you my friend i can't get any and being in England i'm sure makes it worse nobody makes knee high boots for men....

http://www.motorcowboy.com/product/STAR5/_Star_Wars_Episode_III_Obi_Wan_Jedi_Boots.html

Thats a link to the best boots i have ever seen but they come with a matching price tag...

Sorry i can't be of more help...

MTFBWY Ben

A Jedi whose lightsaber is guided by the Force need not fear the outcome of any battle."
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my eye on this seller but I haven't pulled the trigger so I can't really vouch for them (yet).

link

they are custom made to your measurements like motorcowboy, but for 1/2 the price.

his auctions start @199.

(if you buy them, post a review Wink hehe)
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad but Obi-Wans ROTS don't have straps at the top and I'm assuming he's selling the TPM /AOTC model but there are three straps on the calf where should only be two. But the anakin looks pretty ok.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-Wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input! Has anyone purchased boots from Motor Cowboy? Are they worth the price?

The Jedi Assembly
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this guy:

Link

He made my Anakin boots and he's more accurate and less expensive than Motorcowboy. Maybe if you're part of the Crazy Old Wizards forums, you might get more information and ask questions:

http://www.crazyoldwizards.com.ar/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=96

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Wan wrote:
Thanks for the input! Has anyone purchased boots from Motor Cowboy? Are they worth the price?

I bought a pair (Ep 2) and they worth the price, believe me.

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Mr Diaz's work.

He does soem good stuff when he gets it right and IF you can get a hol dof him. I ordfered apair of Luke boots from him a year or two back and they cam and fit horribly. Diaz remade the pair for free minus the duty and shipping I had to pay again. They fit ok after being worked in. However his responce time is horrible. I've e-mailed him since then asking about Pirncess Leia boots for the other half and I'm told his e-mail account os full and others seem to be having this trouble with him as well.

Perhaps he's back on track now but from me in my opnion be cautious

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is want I have to say about Diaz....
The quality is good. At one time his prices were very very reasonable. I guess they still are if you compare pricing with a local custom boot maker.
His service, well I'll kindly say it sucks! After 11-1/2 months, I have two pairs that are incorrect. The first were not made to spec & the zippers were broken. After weeks between email responses & months of excuses I received the second pair and guess what, again not made to specs.
I think, having paid for modifications and not getting what I asked for gives me every right to be somewhat bitter about the whole thing. So, I've given up on him and cut my losses.
I have contacted a local boot maker about correcting the second pair, but of course at an additional cost. Not his fault since he has to make a living, but now it will cost me close to what Motor Cowboy or the local guy would charge.
Funny thing is, I have two local friends that ordered boots from Diaz and they got exactly what they ordered. One of them ordered two months after I did & he received them the same week I did.
It really seems to be a crap shoot with Diaz, so buyer beware.

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Master Tsai-Fer Koz (Fernando de Dios)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$449 is a lot. I think Motor Cowboy boots are nowhere near as screen accurate as they should be for that kind of money.

Last edited by Master Tsai-Fer Koz (Fernando de Dios) on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Pete (Peter stringer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed the The link that cobolt60 posted and he can make any alterations you need so if anyone can point out all the alterations needed to change them from episode 1 to episode 3 then i can email him again and maybe get a pair ordered and then ill be able to inform you all as to how good he really is.....

A Jedi whose lightsaber is guided by the Force need not fear the outcome of any battle."
airsoftamazon (Sonja)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine paying that much for a set of boots ($449) - no matter what. In the end if has to cost that much I don't need it. I love costuming, but I will make as much of it as possible. But that's me I'm able to make my own stuff. I understand that not all people can or have the patience or even the dexterity to do so. There's always other alternatives. I guess if you have the cash spending it isn't a problem. Wow!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another bootmaker that I have dealt with that is better. His name is Daniel and he is from Peru(hopefully a future RL mbr!). I will post my review of his Anakin boots soon. As for Diaz, he has done quality work in the past but his quality has been slipping for a while and I have personally disassociated with him(though I worked with him on SEVERAL boots i.e. referred him to SOTS friend for Anakin boots, he made my Mustafar and Geonosis Padme boots). Also, though they fit, I am STILL getting blisters from the Geonosis ones where as my hubby has not a mark from his new Anakin boots(which he DID not break in AND wore for the first time @ NYCC Razz )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Pete wrote:
if anyone can point out all the alterations needed to change them from episode 1 to episode 3 then i can email him again and maybe get a pair ordered and then ill be able to inform you all as to how good he really is.....

comparing the pics at these two links..
episode 3 lost the straps at the top of the boot.
looks like the spats are held in place by [s]anti-gravity[/s] velcro instead Razz
(also the color is a little less red)

http://www.motorcowboy.com/product/STAR5/_Star_Wars_Episode_III_Obi_Wan_Jedi_Boots.html

http://www.motorcowboy.com/product/47/Star_Wars_Obi_Wan_JEDI_BOOTS.html Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: