About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=01b96708d7ec459fce9e743e55c9b1aaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Master Jedi speaks his mind
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

I'm writing this in hopes of rekindling the flame in the Rebelion. I have noticed over several years the lack of Rebel attendance at events. The 501st shows up at events on a constant basis with a huge attendance. They have grown so large that they're even invited to certain events as guests, SO WHY CANT THE REBEL LEGION. We're just s good. On Dec. 14 we had a event at Sac. It was good ,fun, lots of 501st was there, but only 5 Jedi, 4 of which I brought from the Bay area.  ALL I WANT IS FOR OUR GROUP TO BE KNOWN, and to meet and see more Rebel Members at events. Meditate on this we all should.

Master Jedi

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Master Jedi is right, we need to show up at events when we know about them. (some of this is thanks to our friends in the 501st who keep us updated) But we also need to show the public that we can do the same job and get the same response that the 501st does. I know that's sometimes hard with people not readily recognizing Jedi or Pilots, but if we keep trying and dropping the name "Rebel Legion" *here's my card*, we can get the same Publicity as the 501st. Sure the bad guys are intimidating, but the good guys can be a lot of fun. Just remember that when you are in costume at an event you must act the part. Be as professional as possible and remember why you are at the event. You are here because you love the movies, and you love making people smile (especially the little kids). Take a look at some of the 501st websites, get some ideas for events and start talking to businesses, hospitals, non-profits who might like to show a little love for the Light Side.

I know we all lead very busy lives and can't always be at every event (though some will try). This is a hobby, and its not always clear why we dress up in costume to get stared at in public, but when you do an event like Coats for Kids and you see the kids smile and you see how much good you are doing it reminds you that there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.  *nods to Pete Jackson and LOTR:TTT*

May the Force be with you all!

(and have a safe and happy holiday season!)

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

The 501st is making trading cards of themselves.  I think the RL should do the same.  It's a good promotion tool!  Chanel and I often discussed making the RL as good as the 501st.  Let's make it happen.  We can discuss it at her birthday luncheon...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

I'll remember to bring this up as a topic of discussion. It would be super cool to have trading cards or do a photo album of all our events like the one the 501st takes everywhere.
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

That's a great idea, we probably should get better pics taken of all of us who are serious.
Parade Padme ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

I also think another reason why the 501st is more active than the RL is because of it's garrison break down. I think the RL should do the same, I mean the bases are cool but they are still sooooo very far a apart, like this Endor base goes from California to Alaska and Hawaii. Wow! That makes it difficult to stay in touch.

I would really love to be involved  more with the RL! And I am still working on more Rebel costumes but we need to be a closer family! Let's hug!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi078 (James E. Douglas)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Your right.

But instead of squads we should have Resistance Cells. For instance members in Oregon (part of Endor base)  would be part of the "Willamette Valley cell" and members in the greater San Fransico area would be part of the "Golden Gate cell" and so on and so on. These cells would be small in number just like resistance cells in real life.

This is something we could/should bring up to "Rebel Command".

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

I agree about needing to be closer, but it's hard when there are so few of us and we are so spread out. Maybe the head guys thought that this base doesn't get enough member activity to have it's own "cell". And they are probably right. Based on the few RL events I have been to, it's easy to see why we don't have the kind of strength the 501st does. That does not mean this can't change, in fact I hope it does. For now, lets work on getting the word out to our SW friends who happen to have Jedi/smuggler/Rebel costumes that WE ARE HERE!

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

You all have a great point. One more thing slowing us down is the fact that we don't "advertise" as well as the 501st.  Alot of SW fans out there don't even know that the RL even exists, I was a costumer- have been attending events for over 10 years now - and just found out last year about RL !,  it was Chanel who told me about Rebel Legion.                    Great Job, let's keep up the motovation.

Master Jedi

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Here's a idea, howabout making flyers to advertise RL at certain events like Wondercon ( just like the 501st does) just start handing them out.

Oh by the way ,I now this has nothing to do with this post ,but I got a link to much better pics of my gear, boots and all, MTFBWY

Master Jedi

Parade Padme ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Last year the RL had  a booth at wondercon with the 501st, I wonder if that'll happen again this year?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

I think they will have a booth at WonderCon, but it is too soon to tell. I plan on volunteering either way. I like the flyer idea, we might try to design a general Rebel Legion one for large events where people come from all over and also one for the Endor Base so that people in the area can know where to go to find us.

If you've ever been to an event with the 501st, they have great flyers with Vader in the "Uncle Sam" pose saying "The 501st wants YOU!" I think it would be cool to have something catchy like that to make people smile and also make them think "hey, that seems like a cool group, i want to join!"

JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Greetings, friends in Endor Base. Thought I'd poke my head in and add to this discussion.

I thought I'd share an experience I had today which illustrates the idea of always being prepared to "get the word out" as Tionne said.

I was at Home Depot, hunting down the parts listed for a Big Yellow Box saber. I'd made a photo list and a Depot employee helped find them. Of course, he asked what I was making with this unrelated list of objects. So I smiled and said "a lightsaber". His eyes lit up and he started asking a bunch of questions. Seems his 18y/o son is REALLY into Star Wars and would love a group like ours. I had a business card with our Base name and url to whip out and give him. So, maybe we'll have another new member.

It's easy to make cards. Always have them with you because you never know....
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Excellent Jedi Kai!!! That's the way to do it people!

Truthfully, I'm always a little timid when I mention Star Wars around people. You're never really sure how they will react to your  "geek-ness". But at events like comic conventions and movies I always drop club names and websites and a little slip of paper with my e-mail and such.

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Well this is truly better than I thought, I never would have thought that I would create such a positive chain reaction.

Master Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: