Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6a5355406d08af12da14be58eb4341cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Just an idea...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhxEris ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Just an idea... Reply with quote

I was thinking, at some point this year Banner Desert Hospital on Southern and Dobson will be opening it's new Children's hospital wing. Has somebody thought of trying to contact the Child Life dept and see if we can make an appearance at the Grand opening. I think that would be fun and it would be exciting for the children. Just a suggestion!

Eris
Lee-Ahm Jinn ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is very CLOSE for me. Please let me know when an appearance is scheduled. They should be visited early and often. Dance Chewie
What activities do you have with the younglings when you visit? How do you get them involved. For my part, provided that the hospital admin and the parents are agreeable, I would like to instruct in the ways for the patients to focus "the Force" into themselves to help the Docs to heal them. Positive thinking and such that. "there is no try, or not do, there is only DO." Wink
What does everyone else think?

S.I.G.
Be seeing you.
Liam

(Also, Deadpool, AzA/ECA, Founding Member of the Arizona Avengers, the Avenger Initiative, and the East Coast Avengers (CO)
https://www.facebook.com/EastCoastAvengers
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eris,

Feel free to start researching this. I'm always up for this kind of thing. Let us know what you find out.

Very Happy
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Just an idea.. Reply with quote

When I did a visit to the phoenix chidren's hospital with the Who Wants to Be A Super Hero characters, some of them had photos that they could autograph for the kids, one character brought polished stones and called them wish stones. Most of the characters were also artists so they drew their favorite characters for them. Others just let it become a very child directed visit (meaning they let the child decide what they wanted to do. I will check in to this idea. If nobody objects I would be more than happy to take point on this! Another item that we had was a coloring book that we created ourse;ves with the different characters. But in this case we could do coloring sheets, activity sheets whatever you guys want. Just let me know what y'all want. Keep in mind with some children their may be restrictions on physical contact (due to extreme illness) and also if any pictures are taken they will require a release be signed by parents and/or hospital staff. I know a young man who does a charity called Operation Noah. he gathers donated new stuffed animals and then takes them to the hospitals and gives them away to children who are undergoing medical testing and painful procedures as a way of comforting them. If you want I would be willing to contact this young man and see if we can do a stuffed animal drive for his organization! They also have a toy closet that gives away toys to the kids but I cant for the life of me remember the name. We could also do a toy drive and bring the donations to them! Again, I defer to the council's judgement!

In service,

Eris

BTW Hey Lee Ahm: the quote is "Do or do not; there is no try" Laughing
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Just an Idea... Reply with quote

Just an addendum to my earlier post. The toy closet organization is called Andrea's Closet. They taken donations of new used toys and gives them to the patients as a way of comforting them during painful treatments.
The link is : www.andreascloset.org if you want to learn more about this organization.

The other oragnization is www.operationnoah.info if you wish to learn more about this young man! Either one would be a wonderful opportunity for the Rebel legion, but again I defer to "the council" on this. Just let me know what y'all wish to do!

Eris
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the DSG has done this event a few times, but up in Flag if im not mistaken.

...//waits for Tristan to comment
Lee-Ahm Jinn ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Just an idea.. Reply with quote

PhxEris wrote:

BTW Hey Lee Ahm: the quote is "Do or do not; there is no try" Laughing

"there is no try, or not do, there is only DO."
In cases like this, involving the kids, "Not trying" is not an option either, there is only DO.

S.I.G.
Be seeing you.
Liam

(Also, Deadpool, AzA/ECA, Founding Member of the Arizona Avengers, the Avenger Initiative, and the East Coast Avengers (CO)
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Just an idea Reply with quote

"Ah your point is well said"-Jar Jar Binks

Embarassed

Eris
Lee-Ahm Jinn ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Just an idea Reply with quote

PhxEris wrote:
"Ah your point is well said"-Jar Jar Binks

Embarassed

Eris

"my point is well spake"
( from the heart.)

S.I.G.
Be seeing you.
Liam

PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Just An Idea... Reply with quote

Aha so the Jedi Master does have a sense of humor!! Razz

BTW Andrea's Closet and Operation Noah ONLY take new toys even tho my post read "New, used toys" Embarassed

In service

Eris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: