Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7f2905311e3fcae21913cd8e2cb0117eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Data Cylinders Pocket question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jariksolo1138 (Brenn Fleming)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Data Cylinders Pocket question Reply with quote

ok well I'm sitting here at my sewing machine and I just finished sewing on the pocket for the data cylinders on my left sleeve and I look at it and I have just come to realize that I put it on backwards. Meaning that the slant in the lower corner is facing backwards and not towards the front.

My main question to all you fellow pilots out there, is this a major issue and should I take it off, and fix so its facing the appropriate direction? Or does it not really matter that much? Being a full time student and a full time worker doesn't leave me with a lot of sewing time so I was just wanted to get your input on my dilemma. Thanks everybody!

-Jarik Pilot X-Wing 1

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ it's really going to come down to your personal feelings. How much is it going to bother you, especially if someone comes along and points it out with a "Hey, that's WRONG!" Confused

I've seen costumers with the slant in front, in back, or more often, with no slant at all. All of them are Legion formal/canon.

So I guess ... is it perfect canon. No definitely not. Can you get by with it? Probably so.

Butf it was me, I'd probably take it off and sew it again and here's why... My suit doesn't even have a slant, so for me, I'd have to make a whole other pocket to sew on, and then the material under the pocket probably isn't even the same color as the rest of the flightsuit due to fading. So now I'd have an uneven colored sleeve, so at this point I'm leaving it and I'll be more detailed on my next version.

jariksolo1138 (Brenn Fleming)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input Jon. I was actually going to PM you later on today about this. haha. I'll take your advice and redo it since I know its going to bother me. I want to make it correct the first time around. (had to make and re-make my Jedi costume 3 times before I got it right!) I should have the whole suit done here in a month or so then Kashyyyk Base can think about finally forming that squadron we've been talking about for a long time now.

Again, thanks for the help!

MTFBWY!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
BJ it's really going to come down to your personal feelings. How much is it going to bother you, especially if someone comes along and points it out with a "Hey, that's WRONG!" Confused

I've seen costumers with the slant in front, in back, or more often, with no slant at all. All of them are Legion formal/canon.

So I guess ... is it perfect canon. No definitely not. Can you get by with it? Probably so.

Butf it was me, I'd probably take it off and sew it again and here's why... My suit doesn't even have a slant, so for me, I'd have to make a whole other pocket to sew on, and then the material under the pocket probably isn't even the same color as the rest of the flightsuit due to fading. So now I'd have an uneven colored sleeve, so at this point I'm leaving it and I'll be more detailed on my next version.

I think some people just LIVE to point out minor cannonical flaws in peoples' costumes. Dont let them get to you.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really comes down to what makes you happy. You're the one wearing the costume. Mr. Green

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Obi1kenny (Ken Tarleton)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it only comes down to what makes you happy when wearing the suit. You can have the most cannon outfit ever made, heck let's say you have a screen used outfit and someone is going to come along and try to tell you something is wrong on the suit.

The other thing is to make sure you have nice shiny Data Cylinders / Arm Tools on your sleeve pocket and no one will be looking at the stitching. But that statement might be a little biased. And don't forget the metal Leg Flares and Belt Flares too!

Last edited by Obi1kenny (Ken Tarleton) on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTF

Great marketing Ken!

Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great bit of marketing there Ken, but its actually very true. With a nice set of cylinders in there, the direction of the stitching won't make any difference.

Besides, who's to say a rebel pilot would add to/repair his own flightsuit and put the pocket on that way.

Mark
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cue the shameless plug*

Kenny's stuff is great for Rebels and Imperials needing shiny metal things! Wink

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: