About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=43d098ccbd8e24b873fe34fc78742e48Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Design- New Logo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm contacting the artist to have him curve the font at both bottom and top to see which we all like more. Once I have that done I'll post them but it may not be until next week. I'm going to keep this open for a week after getting those new pics posted. If anyone has other suggestions go ahead and post them or pics showing them and we'll make a decision. I'm not married to the idea of a circular border. I think if we put the font curved along the top it will imply a circle. If we get patches made once we decide on the final logo I'm fine with doing it encompassed in a different shape (diamond, inverted triangle, etc.).
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno how the artist would feel about giving us a raw version of the logo in like a PSD file or something along those lines, if he doesn't mind us playing with his masterpiece Razz

That way we could use the design he provided us and just move things around, resize, and play with the text as we need to until everyone it happy, and not have to bug him every day till we get it right. then we would also be able to resize, and move things around whenever we decide to do coins, hats, shirts, etc. without having to contact him each time.

Just a suggestion, might make things alittle easier/quicker.
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing some designers a lot of them are very particular about their work. Just "handing something over" to be tweaked by someone else isn't usually something that they're willing to do.

*shrugs*

But hey... no harm in asking, what's the worst thing they may say? "No..."

But I agree... I like the developing look of the new logo... ^_^, can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Also, I don't think that the logo HAS to be in the Aurabesh Font. There are plenty of other Garrisons that don't use this font in their logos or patches. The fact a font may look like a "Star Trek" font or not... is a moot point, then logo SAYS we're a Star Wars group regardless of how the font of the words look.... *shrugs*.

Unless there's a Star Trek Terrapin Base, Or a Starship Trooper Terrapin Base, but I don't think there is.... Razz, and besides the Imperial Cog what other symbol screams Star Wars??? (Well?? C'mon.... this is an easy one! Razz )

Plus isn't Aurabesh mostly associated with the 501st and the Empire? I mean most people I've talked to when they see the Aurabesh Font they say something along the lines of it being 501st related at the very least.

Now granted Aurabesh appeared to be the "written language" for the SW galaxy... but mostly it's associated with the Empire to the lay person from what I've expirenced.

I like the idea of using a different font it shows that the Rebel Legion is different from the 501st, that we are our own entity *shrugs*.

Just my opinion....

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." - Unknown

Official "Suck the fun out of an event and the forums" Liaison - Jedi-G
Orviewan (Orvie Thumel)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i figured that too, but like you said, couldn't hurt to ask Very Happy
blackeyedsusan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an FYI, if you're curious, the artist in question is Scott Thigpen. I don't know if we've put his name out there before, but it certainly isn't hush-hush.

You can visit his site here to check out his portfolio. In addition to being a professional illustrator he is also a photographer.

A few of you met him at Dragon Con. I've known him for over 15 years and am always impressed by his professionalism, talent and ability. He's approached as a job and has worked with Craig as he would a client even though he has not charged us for his time and work.

Craig will see how he feels about letting us have free reign. I have felt a bit bad taking up so much of his time since he generally charges for this type of work (and in a tough economy his time is that much more precious, I'm sure). I cannot, however, begrudge him if he'd rather not. He and Craig have been working on this for so long, and he's said to Craig all along that he enjoys these types of projects when he can do them (loves the fact that we do a lot of Charity events) and has done this greatly as a favor to us. He may want to see it through to the end for the sheer love of his work.

Heidi
ShadowScout ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understandable. Please convey our thanks to him for his charitable efforts! Very Happy
Kashyyyk Deployment
Clones of the Republic

"shadowscout"
Galen Marek
Master of Corvidae Temple
Terrapin Base
Sensei Mustafar (Leo Dorsey)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Likee it, a whole lot!

Sensei Mustafar
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the newest version with curved font and new color for the rebel bird. I thought less colors would make it cheaper for swag and such.
I'm going to put this version to a vote. So have at it.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought your old logo was cool Sad lol
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the turtle shell logo but it did not translate well to merchandise.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
The extra text "should" be Terrapin Base in aurabesh.

Actually Neil the Aurabesh said Serving Maryland, but I am editing it to say Rebel Legion and do Serving Maryland in the Sofachrome

Edit:
Here is more of what I was referring to with the curve.
The Aurabesh says Rebel Legion:

darthig88 (Ed Bartlebaugh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will work, I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, it still looks like the turtle is planting it's flag on Mars or something. But it's prob just me.
Squire 1 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that we already voted on a new logo with a red back ground?
Orviewan (Orvie Thumel)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that one better, somethign about the red rebel bird made me unhappy Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: