Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e44928e0224a8c7505565724f5f8bcd7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Design- New Logo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackeyedsusan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the logo looks great. Oddly enough, it looks like the same logo in the previous thread referenced, except with the changes the base wanted (font) and the changes Rebel Legion command wanted.

I also think its great the way Rebel Legion command has taken so much time in working with the base CO (who, in turn, went back to the artist) to make edits until they felt it was right for a Rebel Legion Base. Kudos to everyone who invested so much energy and time into this!

Neil, if you have trouble remembering what you said, I believe all the posts are still up. I think Craig even included a link to the thread. It'll take you right to the post Becca started, which shows the logo.

And actually, it looks like the poll ended up with 100% in favor of the design. So the logo was accepted by base members with the request for a font change. Rebel Legion Command staff had changes they wanted and worked with the Terrapin Base CO (who the base elected to represent their members) to make those changes... hmm..

Maybe you should have had a vote (or a poll) for voting on things before you vote on something. shoot me

Neil- do you require pre-meeting meetings?? Laughing

Jedi Jouster ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks fine to me and looks almost the same as that old one with only the changes that higher ups wanted. And we really couldn't have Star Trek letters.

I don't see why the words can't be straight on shirts and other flat things like hats and tatoos, but then curve for coins. Do all the RL patches have to be round? If not then the only thing the words would have to curve for would be the coins.
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact the curving script is one of the suggestions Joel sent me and I agree that it would make patches and coins easier and better looking. I'm going to have the logo revised with curved script at the bottom and possibly curved script at the top saying "Serving Maryland" or something similar.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sure about the Serving Maryland. I mean we have the flag on it.
Jerseyveers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was cool at Toys for Tots, and I still like it.

Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a modified version that Joel did up for me. I like the border surrounding it and I'm going to see if my contact can curve the script around the top and/or bottom. But I think this version is definitely well done.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good starting point. However IMO the rebel bird is overpowering the whole thing. When I look at it, all I'm seeing is the bird, and not the turtle.

That font being used is still looking like a ST font to me.

Is there any way to make that bird somewhat smaller? I'm thinking that the turtle needs to be the dominant piece of the logo.
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Aurabesh"]
That font being used is still looking like a ST font to me.
[quote]
The font is the exact same one that is used on the RL banner at the top of this page. Compare the E's, N's, and R's they are the same. So that one you will have to take up with whoever designed the RL banner.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

blackeyedsusan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atragian Kace wrote:
Here is a modified version that Joel did up for me. I like the border surrounding it and I'm going to see if my contact can curve the script around the top and/or bottom. But I think this version is definitely well done.

Eh.. not down with the circle, extra text, or moving the text. I like the one in the first post. Its got enough going on without adding more elements to it.

I do agree with the others saying the curved font (at the bottom) would be good for patches and what-not.

I don't think you need to add more to it. The bird behind implies the circle-shape and the curved font wouldn't fight it like the flat font at the bottom. The circle diminishes the turtle even more, making it a smaller element. When you start to get into pin size you're going to start to lose it. If you start making the bird smaller you'll be blocking even more of it. I think the ratio between to turtle and the bird is good in the first post as well. The extra text and the text in front of other elements makes it look way "busier".

The font is fine. First of all, no one is going to look at this logo and say "Hey- are you guys a star wars group or a star trek group? I see you have the rebel bird from star wars, but you're using a star trek font..."
And secondly, the font isn't from star trek. If this reminds you of star trek font, any "sci-fi"-looking font will.
Squire 1 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the outer circle or extra words either. Can't we just curve the words at the bottom and be done with it.
ShadowScout ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but I have to agree with Neil. I think the bird is a little too large. It takes away from the turtle, which is the focus. Not too sure about the circle. What does the extra text say?
Kashyyyk Deployment
Clones of the Republic

"shadowscout"
Galen Marek
Master of Corvidae Temple
Terrapin Base
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra text "should" be Terrapin Base in aurabesh.
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's whatever Joel wrote.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if the rebel bird were any smaller it would get lost behind the turtle.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Thumper5133

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd like to see the letters curved and at the bottom or top. Something about having them over the picture makes things look cluttered.

I don't think anything can be done about the size of the bird. I thought maybe the turtle could be centered but then you wouldn't be able to tell it was the rebel bird behind him. Just some orange curved thing.

Overall it looks fine. Maybe a few tweaks. Good job to all who worked on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: