About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7abb202fac06f126cb2cfabb2686afdbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lazer Xtreme - Star Wars fundraiser (March 8th)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Lazer Xtreme - Star Wars fundraiser (March 8th)
Event starting Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:00 pm for 8 hours

Lazer Xtreme - Star Wars Night!
DATE: Sunday, March 8th
TIME: noon-8pm

This year marks our 5 year anniversary working with Jim Bemer and the folks at Lazer Xtreme on this fundraiser event. The Star Wars laser tag charity fundraiser has become maybe the most anticipated events of the year for us. At the request of LX, we've switched from a Saturday to a Sunday in the hopes of drawing more families.

For some of our new people, here's the basics:

Lazer Xtreme
13409 Smith Rd.
Middleburg Heights, OH; 44130
(440) 842-6044
http://www.lazerxtreme.com/

For one day, Lazer Xtreme's 10,000 sq. ft., multi-level arena will be transformed into a live-action Star Wars adventure. Filled with special effects, lighting, fog machines and music from the Star Wars movies, the idea is to give customers (mostly kids) the chance to play "Star Wars" with real life Star Wars characters. In past years, this event has set box office records for LX and raised thousands of dollars for various charity organizations; this year will be The Make A Wish Foundation.

We get 4-5 vests for our members (ONLY) to use all day. Only give up your vest to another MWB/OG member or one of our designated handlers who will assist members in getting the vest on over their costume. If you are unsure whether the vest will fit a specific costume, ask either Coyote or myself.

* We'll stick with the one face character per shift policy from last year.

* PLEASE limit troopers to 1 set of armor, or 1 set of armor and a 2nd set of soft costumes.

* We'll be working in 3 shifts, with limited number of spaces per shift.

Between MWB and Ohio Garrison, we've got plenty of people to cover this event... but we can accomodate a handful of our friends from outside MWB. We typically cap this event around 12-15 people, so this event will fill up quickly. If you've got a face character (we've got a Leia and Han) or RFT and rebel pilots... that will help find an opening in the roster.

UPDATE: This event is FULL. Anyone from outside MWB needs to contact me for availability on a standby basis.

Lazer Xtreme (LX) provides us with both of their party rooms, one will be used as a dressing/storage room... the other will be a break room for people to bucket off, get a drink, and wait for their next rotation in the games.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog

Last edited by Krash () on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's something I can do. Hoorah! I'm limited by if I can hitch a ride with someone or not, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
Now that's something I can do. Hoorah! I'm limited by if I can hitch a ride with someone or not, though.

If you PM me over on the MWB forums... I have someone (nearby) who can help you in that regard. Wink

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: