About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d4212b259234888e29979271170efad5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dimensions for ESB blaster
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nein numb ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Dimensions for ESB blaster Reply with quote

Any one know the length of the barrel on Hans blaster?? Got my Blast-tech kit and I need to know how much of the barrel to remove. Found tons of pics, but none with measurements. Thanks for the help. Wink
nein numb ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....okay.... Confused
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I read on http://www.partsofsw.com/ it sounds like the only thing they did to the actual barrel if anything would be to file off the sight in order to make the "supressor" go over it, but to quote it said, "The ESB muzzles were made to fit snugly over the gun barrel allowing the tip to poke through the front."
So if what you have is a Mauser replica, I don't believe you need to take off any of the barrel.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a metal airsoft Mauser, but I don't have the Blast-Tech kit yet. I thought I'd just figure it out once I get the kit.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Denix and I took about an inch off. Looks like I got it right the first time. Wanted to ask here about the dimensions before I went hacking away on a Denix!! I think I got it, though. I'll post some pics to see what you all think.
nein numb ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad cell phone pics, but you get the idea. Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me.

My airsoft has a barrel that pulls off, so I might just go to where the seam is, for mine and have a shorter barrel.

You can see the seam in this ebay pic:

Otherwise, I'll have to JB Weld the barrel on, because it's loose, and maybe Bondo the seam and repaint the barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori, I have the same Mauser you do. I used JB weld to keep the barrel assembly together and I cut off about an inch off the end to add the muzzle. It seemed to work out just fine for me. You's shouldn't have any issues.

I also covered up the seem with some bondo and repainted the blaster (before I put the muzzle on, of course).

Unless someone is doing one of the hero blasters, I would think that any customization to a "DL-44" variant should be ok. It all depends on the costumer...

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered my kit from Blast Tech.

I'll be taking my entire pistol apart, because I want to figure out how to mount a bright red LED inside the barrel. Which also means I'll need to be able to pull the trigger without having to pull back the slide to rooster it.

Then I will also have to figure out my battery solution
and see what I can fit inside either the grips or the magazine area.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, ya might want to be careful with that part Lori. Last time (and only time) I took one of my gas airsoft pistols apart, the springs pretty much shot everything across the room and was a pain to put back together.
I think your never gonna use most of the part again but you might have a hard time getting the trigger assembly back together. Taking out most of the parts also might make a few things loose like the slide which also might affect the trigger assembly,might make things rattle around.
Ohio Garrison/Original Midwest Base
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the cautionary post. I was actually thinking about this, wondering if there were springs attached to both sides of the frame and if I'd get it open with out them all popping out every where, and if I'd be able to at least get the spring for the trigger mechanism back in.

I've got a friend who's a machinist in Florida who's going to also try and put both light and sound in his airsoft, to maybe I'll wait till he does his and just keep mine a more static prop for the time being.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
Thanks for the cautionary post. I was actually thinking about this, wondering if there were springs attached to both sides of the frame and if I'd get it open with out them all popping out every where, and if I'd be able to at least get the spring for the trigger mechanism back in.

I've got a friend who's a machinist in Florida who's going to also try and put both light and sound in his airsoft, to maybe I'll wait till he does his and just keep mine a more static prop for the time being.

Take it to an airsoft shop and tell them to gut it. It'll save you the headache. Also if you never plan on ever using the innards again, you can have them buy the parts off you for spares. I had one shop do that to one of my guns when all I needed it for was a static prop.....I made $50. Very Happy
Ohio Garrison/Original Midwest Base
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that the parts from a $25 pistol would net me that much. Razz

I don't really want someone else to gut my pistol because I need to keep the springs, it just doesn't need the air cylinder or whatever fires the BBs.

Beside I want to see what's in there and how it all works together. I'm a prop builder, so I'll probably keep whatever comes out if it.

I just found out that a 2 "N" cell battery holder fits inside the magazine well perfectly. I've already got a super bright red LED that I was told at my electronics store has a 3V forward voltage, and I have a small momentary tactile switch. I'm all set for my simple electronics set up. So I'm going to go ahead with this.

I'm feeling a little less intimidated about taking it apart, I want to see if I can fix the weak spring on the hammer, that kind of annoys me. I'm actually not a total novice. I have a little gun smithing experience. I took out all the mechanisms from my real S&W .357 Magnum to do and action job and install a reduced spring kit and it has operated flawlessly for many thousands of rounds put through it since then.

I just heard back from John at Blast Tech, he's out of stock on some of the parts for the kit I ordered, so I won't have it for a couple weeks. I'm going to wait till I get my kit before starting any disassembly.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Lori has just one question for ya. Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?
(.357? No body? Dirty Harry? Just me? Okay....) Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but Dirty Harry had a .44 Magnum.Wink

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: