About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1c983a6d042c776f45fffee1a8c80516Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The cooling fins on front of ANH style blaster, what are the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: The cooling fins on front of ANH style blaster, what are the Reply with quote

Hi all
I am looking for further information on the cooling fins on the front of the Solor DL 44 blaster. At least one version hae it, the others did not.
I have seen some photos that make his looks square with a hole in th emiddle, leaving me to believe it was made from a RC car engine cooling head. Others are round, like the slip on cable cover from Radioshclock.
I know a couple of vendors out there are making these, but I really love to do things myself. If I only had a lathe!

I read where these were made from plumbing adapters, but they do not appear to be a threaded or spiral peice, instead they look like rings with a flange. The only thing I can come up with is the thing that goes inside the downspout of a sink to adape one piece to another.

anyone got any good info on this peice? I have all the other parts.

thanks
David
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: han blaster Reply with quote

partsofsw.com Is what you seek. Click on character. Find Han Solo and click on Star wars under Han Solo. That will give you ANH version. Then click on alternate version gun and it explains it all. Hope this helps.
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Ill check it out! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: