About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5494b677a4f247bafacffbb68271864cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Freedom Base Invite - Shevacon XVII 2009, Roanoke VA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Freedom Base Invite - Shevacon XVII 2009, Roanoke VA Reply with quote

Shevacon XVII - February 27th, 28th, and March 1st 2009

SheVaCon is named for Shenandoah Valley Convention. It was first held around Staunton, VA - until the attendance grew so much they had to seek out a larger venue. It's now held in Roanoke, VA; and is about to outgrow it's venue once again. For more info, please visit their website below.

http://www.shevacon.org/index.htm

The RL was granted 5 memberships, and they have been filled, but if more would like to attend we'd love to have you, there is a group rate available. Neighboring Bases are more than welcome to attend Very Happy Please see the Freedom Base thread for attendance confirmation: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186957#186957

Group Rates
RL Group Membership rates are $20.00 per person for 10 members or more. (I will take up a collection if we meet the 10 or more member requirement. The fees will have to be sent in on or before Dec. 30th - I will post in this thread again near that date accompanied by a PM from me with my paypal info.) This group rate is for all three (3) days of the con, regardless if you're there the entire time.

Held at the Holiday Inn - Tanglewood in Roanoke, VA 24014
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/roatw;jsessionid=UPMXFBIUHNNU0CTGWA2SJ0QKM0YBCIY4?_requestid=1323242
Last year the hotel sold out pretty quick, and currently, they are 60% booked for the weekend of Shevacon in Feb & March. It is suggested that you reserve your room early. The room rates for Shevacon are $79.00 a night. If you call to reserve the room, be sure to let them know you're reserving as part of Shevacon to receive the special rate. Or if reserving online, use the code "SHE" so they know to give you the rate.
In the event that the hotel does sell out before you are able to reserve your room, please see the Shevacon website for a list of other hotels near by, here: http://www.shevacon.org/SheVaConLocation.htm

Events, Guests, and Other Info...
Media Guest of Honor: Boba Fett himself, Jeremy Bulloch
Art Guest of Honor: TBA
Writer Guest of Honor: Sci-Fi author Larry Niven
Master of Ceremonies: Spat

The 501st Legion (Garrison Tyrannus has about 24-25 members attending so far, and the Ohio Garrison will have a few members there too, and probably a few others from neighboring Garrisons.)
R2DC Builders
Masters of the Force

There will be a 'Meet the 501st' and Armor costuming panel, a 'Build a Droid' game for the kids. MOTF will have a Jedi Training Academy as well. They have offered to have us get involved in some of these activities if we wish.

I will be providing the table, and am volunteering to set it up, man it, and break it down. Any help manning the table would be greatly appreciated. I do have a small request for my fellow Legion members. Do you have any props, RL Merch, or anything that would be great for the table display? (I promise that everything will be returned in the same state it was received) I will take care of all printed materials with RL info. Although I will need a RL/FB banner for the table. I can also use my laptop on the table to make a slideshow to display all of our wonderful costumes from everyone in the Legion. Smile

'Meet the Rebel Legion' Panel - Saturday, Feb. 28th - 3:00 - 3:50pm
Volunteers (4 or 5 - more if possible) are needed for this panel. This is basically an introduction to the RL. I do need help planning this - as well as a few people to run it. I will help out if I'm not manning the table.

'Costuming The Rebel Legion Way' panel - Saturday, Feb 28th - 9:00 - 9:50pm If we don't have enough members in attendance, this panel will have to be canceled Sad
Volunteers are needed for this panel as well. This panel should be a lot of fun since it's basically just going over some of the costuming standards and things. And of course showing off our costumes in person, highlighting all of the detail and hard work that we put into our creations. I do need help in planning this as well. Again, I will help out if I'm not manning the table also.

If you would like to sign up for either of these panels - please send a PM to me (JennFaereality) or send an email to Jenn@Faereality.com

I will update when more info is recieved. Thanks! Very Happy Amadalia

Jenn

Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

ShadowScout ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to it the first year it happened. It was pretty cool. I have heard that it has grown a lot since then.
Kashyyyk Deployment
Clones of the Republic

"shadowscout"
Galen Marek
Master of Corvidae Temple
Terrapin Base
Thumper5133

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I went was in 1987...when it was the old ROVACON and I didn't know anything about costuming....

It would be fun to see how its changed in 20 years. (And my parents would appreciate my visit home.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: