About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d96a020406337f7d6957e707e8f9781cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A few Questions to all Terrapin Base Members??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthig88 (Ed Bartlebaugh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: A few Questions to all Terrapin Base Members?????? Reply with quote

As the first Co of the Base I have a few questions I would like to pose If I may???

I'm starting to see some small disagreements here on the Boards between members, almost to the point of an argument and infighting, Why? Are we not all on the same ship???

Also why do some members ONLY show up for " Media Events " and not others???? Not to say this is a bad thing, We are to promote the RL and SW through what we do, But Why only go the the bigger events and not the smaller ones as well? Why is a Movie event more important then say a walk for Cancer or Brittle Bone Disease????? Are they not the same???How does 12 midnight out weigh a kid maybe in a wheelchair?

Remember we do this for fun, to see the Kids faces light up when we are there, the Kid that maybe very Ill and we have cheared them up or got them to laugh,To hear the stories from parents about how they couldn't miss this or that event. Or that we remind them of their childhood.

I was outta comission for almost a year and then almost left this world altogether, But I did keep my eyes open [ here on the boards ]and kept in touch with folks..
And I think some of us maybe loosing touch with and why we do this, It's not about " MeMeMe " or what level one attains within the ranks of the Legion, Or what Parade or TV show I'm gonna be on, it saddens me when I see these things, These things have been on my mind for sometime now and I just wanted to ask all of you your thoughts???

I would ask the only Terrapin Members post answers here please, These questions have been posed to those members only.
Thank You
ShadowScout ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wrapped up in garrison stuff. I will endeavor to be more Rebel in the near future. :-)

As for the rest, yes we are on the same ship. Like you, I would like to see everyone get along. I also would like to see a more prominent presence of Terrapin members at events.

Here's hoping. hugs
Kashyyyk Deployment
Clones of the Republic

"shadowscout"
Galen Marek
Master of Corvidae Temple
Terrapin Base
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-hugs ed- i like the smaller simple events im scared to be on t.v. anyway. ed it was nice bumping into you at Marley station. just talking with you brightens up my day.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want everyone to feel welcome at all events and never want anyone to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable at anything that we do.

If we have some members that only want to do "media" events, maybe that's just their thing. It would be cool to have them show up at all of the Terrapin events. But if that's not what they're into, I don't want them to feel uncomfortable and obligated to show up to something that they don't want to.
cheers
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the infighting that may or may not be going on, is not limited to just this base. IMO this is something that happens legion wide. When you have a group this big, and with such differing opinions, you are going to get some infighting, it's just going to happen.

I would not say any one event is more important then another event. I would also hope that we are not going to start forcing members to do event X over event Y; just because event Y is at a hospital or for a charity. Members attend the events they want to attend, if they do not desire to attend the charity events then thats up to them.

Personally I do this because I find it to be fun. It's the same reason I use to decide which events I go to. I do not see any reason to go to an event, if you are not going to enjoy yourself at it. I also know that some people do not like being around those who are sick. So that could be a reason why they do not go to those kinds of events.
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with most everyone that posted thus far. Ed, I definitely want to thank you for voicing this concern. I'll never force anyone to attend any particular event. I do this for fun but I do it moreso for the charity work being a part of Terrapin Base brings. I wish I would see more of a rebel presence at the events involving charities or those that are suffering some illness, but I won't force it. I only ask that if two events conflict (a charity event and a "media" event so to speak) that someone that has already posted their plans to attend the "charity" event do not suddenly decide to cancel in order to attend the "media" event. This has happened in the past and it did not make Terrapin Base look very good to the "charity" event coordinator.
So, once again, attend the events you want to attend be they charity, media, high-profile or otherwise. But be conscientious of the events you have commited to and don't back out at the last minute to attend something more high-profile or media-related.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Craig. If you have already committed to a charity event; then you should stick to that event.
darthig88 (Ed Bartlebaugh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx to all who replied Very Happy
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome ed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: