About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bb95161f98fe3875c05d5b4e8dc851a1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Freedom Base Invitation-25th Annual Ukrops Christmas Parade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Freedom Base Invitation-25th Annual Ukrops Christmas Parade Reply with quote

Well its that time of year again....Christmas in June....Dont we wish the weather was a little cooler. Very Happy
Hopefully this will put a spring in your step.
Just like last year, and 23 parades before that, Ukrops is doing it again. This time it is the BIG 25!!
Very Happy I wanted to formally invite our Terrapin Base brethern to this event. Very Happy

I have spoken with Rick, our CO, and have been put in charge of getting organized again for us to march this year.
The date this year is SATURDAY DECEMBER 6TH AT 10:00AM
The Parade will depart from the Science Museum on West Broad Street at 10am and continues East until ending on Seventh Street around noon -1pm. Last year's holiday event attracted more than 250,000 spectators from all over Virginia, with thousands more watching a live television broadcast. It is the largest single day event of the year in Virginia. This year's Parade will have huge high-flying balloons, elaborate floats, star spangled marching bands and as always, SANTA CLAUS!
The route is about 2 miles in length down the main thoroughfare in Richmond
This past year, both the Rebel Legion and the 501st marched in the parade.

The cost of marching is $150 for a non profit organization just like last year. We had an incredible turnout with about 30-32 showing up and outnumbering the 501st.
We are going to do it a little different this year with regards to the money involved. I am not going to take money until right before the deadline for the application to go in so that we have a FIRM COMMITMENT from attending persons. I know that I will have to cover some of the cost up front to put the application in, but I feel that if you want to march, since we dont have a general fund, you will have to contribute to the entry fee.
Rick was generous last year in taking care of the cost of the Freedom Base Banner, which looks great and will be up again this year.
We will take care of the monies when it gets closer.

Just to give a little background:
This parade is sort of like Richmond's version of the Rose Bowl Parade in California. The Parade is broadcast LIVE on the local PBS network of Richmond, and will be rebroadcast on Christmas Day and will be ON DEMAND from COMCAST.
Last year Danny and I did an interview with NBC 12 and it went over great and we had a fabulous time doing it.

Here is the link to the parade info and pics from the past ones:
http://www.richmondchristmasparade.org/parade.xhtml

I am including the list from last year of the interested persons and hopefully we can get everyone from the list as well as more from neighboring bases. As always the more the merrier.
I will be extending this invite to Terrapin Base and anyone in Freedom Base can invite others to join in as long as it is anApproved Rebel Legion Costume

If you are interested in joining in the Reindeer Games just like last year, post your interest and we will go from there.

Here is the current list of persons who were interested or attended last year:
    TarnishedFILM (Jason L) – EP II Anakin
    Mooglar(Mark S) – Qui-Gon Jinn
    USricAF (Rick B) - Jedi
    Aurubesh (Neil S) - Anakin
    ShivannD (Joel W) - RFT or Jedi
    Orin Mallix (Rick K) Orig Trilogy Pilot
    Taryyn Mallix (Dawn K) Orig Trilogy Pilot
    Domnu Skywalker & Jedi#6 (Barry and Chris M) Female Jedi and Jedi #6
    Anakinos (Thad L) ROTS Anakin(maybe
    WGarth (W Garth C) Jedi
    Koda Vonnor (Bill C) - Kyle Katarn or Force Unleashed Character(?)
    Jon Ari Kenobi (John D) - Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Master Vidal (Danny V) EP2 Republic Clone Trooper
    jedi master mason (Camonie M) - Jedi
    jedi dar-khioran (sean f) - Jedi
    jedi master rachael (racheal r) Jedi
    Jaina_Solo (Kelly G) - Jedi
    Burnt the Macaroni (Ashley B) - Mirax Terrik
    Princessleia911(Becca K) - EP3 Padme [
    Jenn - Mon Mothma
    Orviewan (Orvie T) Jedi
    Cal Handro (John H) Formal Jedi - Old Republic
    Lance (Obi-Wan)
    Jedi Chronicous (eric d) Jedi
    Ayla_Ku - Jedi
    Annie Secura (Annie V) Aayla Secura
    midichlorianlori (Lori F) Princess Leia
    tetmatek (Eddie and Bridgette W) Jedi(x2)

Please go to this link UKROPS CHRISTMAS PARADE to RSVP
Thanks in advance and lets make this one bigger and better than last year. Very Happy
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bump to keep this up top....
Once again....Terrapin Base is welcome to our not so little shindig.
Dont be shy
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought that I would move this back to the top again....
I will be turning in the application for the parade this week and would like to get my numbers up.
If you can make the parade in December you might be able to carpool with some of the others that are coming down

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12530&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

thanks in advance and look forward to seeing our Terrapin Base brothers and sisters
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost November and a little over a month to go.....
any more takers on making the trip down for our grand parade?
thanks
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Terrapin Base has a charity event that day. We're going to a fundraiser for Toys For Tots. Thanks for the invite though. R2 D2
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellie,

I would just to say that your post sounds like you are committing the entire base to the Toys for Tots event. This may not be the way you meant it, but it is the way it reads. Especially since the parade has been in the works for a few months now, and some of us will be attending it.
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil that is not how I meant it, I was just explaining why no one else from Terrapin has signed up for it, since he just bumped it again. And since your name and a few others from Terrapin are listed among those that are attending the parade, it is more than obvious that the entire base is not going to the Toys for Tots event.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Kellie, you are absolutely right, it is more than obvious that the entire base is not going to the Toys for Tots event but some of us are going to the Richmond Parade since it has been planned for months and the Toys for Tots event was just posted on Oct 28th. Thanks for clearing that up Amadalia
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are grateful for whatever support Terrapin can give us. Thank you to those who have committed to come down.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowScout ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good folks. We can have a good showing at both events. :-)
cheers
Kashyyyk Deployment
Clones of the Republic

"shadowscout"
Galen Marek
Master of Corvidae Temple
Terrapin Base
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowScout wrote:
It's all good folks. We can have a good showing at both events. :-)
cheers

That's the plan. I'd love to be able to attend the Parade, I've managed to be commited to something else both years now unfortunately. By no means is anyone from Terrapin being assigned an event, I encourage everyone to attend the parade that wishes to do so. The Toys for Tots event last year went well and I expect it to be just as good if not better this year. As much as attending the parade appeals to me I try to make the charity events my priority, but that is personal preference on my part. I look forward to seeing pics from the parade and reading the Mission Report. Have fun all, I hope to make it next time around.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a little over a week to go....anyone coming in from Terrapin Base can contact me for parking and times.
I should have my packet this week with all the info in it.
Thanks again to all that are able to make it and safe journeys.
See ya on the 6th
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: