About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6b28df6bb01ed52212a5516ac2bb5215Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TCW Anakin Build
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: TCW Anakin Build Reply with quote

I am starting a Clone Wars Anakin, and here are some shots of my progress.

Armor by Chris Evans.
10-12-08

11-12-08

Still needs the Jedi Bird, and some extra weathering; which will be done next week.

More to come.
uberjedi ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product Very Happy

Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that looks awesome!

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Chris availiable for other commisions?

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been having a hard time with that Jedi symbol with the paint not quite weathering right.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the only thing he's having trouble with?, I don't care if mine is weathered

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chris got this armor from another caster to do Obi, and he modded it for me to match Anakin. I don't think Chris is going to be casting these himself. But I could be wrong.
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
Is that the only thing he's having trouble with?, I don't care if mine is weathered

Yes, Anakin has a specific weathering pattern to it that he's having some trouble replicating this time around.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that yes but what I'm saying is I'm not doing an Anakin replica so I don't really care if it's weathered or not. I'm just doing my own sort of General wheater it gets approved or not cause I enjoy it.

so were not sure if he is making these or just buying thme and modding them is that it?

'JASON' Detachment
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, I'm not 100% sure if Chris is planning on casting his own run. But I think I read on SotS that a new caster is currently being looked for.
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
Correct, I'm not 100% sure if Chris is planning on casting his own run. But I think I read on SotS that a new caster is currently being looked for.

That would be him.

defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, jeez.

Okay, well allow me to retort.

I was trying to make the Jedi symbol appear embossed into the shoulder like you could see in some angles in the movie. But the masking didn't work out as planned so I had to sand that off and start over.

I am planning on molding and casting MY chest armor sometime in the near future. It would be a small run. There's no dates or time frame yet. I am finishing up some projects and my TK armor and then my Mom is visiting for Thanksgiving. After that i can start figuring out with my partner when we might be able to start working.

To be clear, the armor I painted for Neil is from an older run by Todd Davis. I don't think Todd works at all anymore and there was some talk of his molds being sold but I am not sure whatever happened with that.

The armor I use for TCW Obi-Wan, that would be molded, is custom made sintra armor that Obi-Dan Bergren helped me put together based on some templates he had.

If and when I do a run it will most likely be to sell raw castings. There's interest in armor but I don't have the space or energy to paint anymore. I live in a small apartment and do my painting in the alley behind it. Personally I want to mold my armor just so i can make it segmented but there was enough people asking me to warrant pulling some more and selling them to help people out.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris keep us posted

'JASON' Detachment
defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what Neil's look like after the final painting and dry-brush acrylic weathering:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: