About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5baf0863ff28c92ce52a0873808d97b8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

flying for the rebelion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astromech_kuhns ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: flying for the rebelion. Reply with quote

so im thinking of flying for the rebelion! but i have some questions.

1. how leneant is th RL on costumes? can i add some personal stuff to my costumes? like if i wanted to be a pilot could i also have a lightsaber on my belt? you know like a rebel jedi?

2. also whats the most popular pilot costume im guessing X-wings.

Awing
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, look who's crashed the neighborhood from the TCSS forums. Wink

Whether you can carry a lightsaber or not kind of has to do with the type of Event you want to wear it to.

If it's a high profile Event, like something for LFL, then you wouldn't be allowed to wear one, unless you're portraying Luke from ESB, and you'd have to have the correct lightsaber, of course.

Other Events might be up to the Event Coordinator.

Most our of Charity Events, and Conventions are more casual, if you look through the photos in the threads of this forum, you'll see the occassional X-Wing Pilot sporting a saber.

You can wear local squadron patches, that sort of thing, but you can't personalize your costume too much, not for your Costume submission, because it's more of a uniform. And for a first costume, it has to be Formal.

And yes, X-Wing is the more popular Pilot costume, probably because it's the most recognizable.

The Y-Wings have been getting more love lately, though. Some start with X-Wing, then decide to do a different Pilot costume.

Take some time to look through the threads here, check out the Members gallery, and definitely look at the Costuming Standards for Pilot costumes.

Someone from Star Fighter Command will probably read this thread and make more comments about this sort of thing.

Welcome to the Rebel Legion boards.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
[size=16][color=darkblue]Oh no, look who's crashed the neighborhood from the TCSS forums. Wink

are you seriose? i came here to get away from you and your here too! nowi gotta go be a imperial or something! Wink
jk jk

well the idea came from a member of the dark side troopers. i saw him at a event a while ago and he was a pilot with a saber and it had the sith spikes. there were three of them. adn it had a red coiled cord on it. it looked realy cool. but he was kinda a jerk. i asked him were he got it and it was as iff he had to grudgingly tell me. i cant even remember. then i asled how much it cost and he said something like it way to much for me and then i asked but how much and he said like 100$. i think. any way then he was just kinda a jerk to me. but i liked the sabers look i aint gonna lie.
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome kuhns!

Okay, I'm the "official" type that Lori wanted to chime in. For the most part, she's entirely correct, but here's the particulars ...

1. How lenient are we? Well, I guess that depends on who you ask and where you're based, but we do have a couple areas that allow for self expression. The helmet for instance. You have a great deal of lee-way when choosing a design/color scheme. You just can't use any modern, corporate symbols and it needs to look like it would fit in with the SW universe. Think of it this way, if you can't imagine it being on screen in something Uncle George made, you might want to choose a different design.

As for the rest of the outfit, you pretty much have to go with the standards. Some allowance is made for a Base or Squadron patch on one arm, but other than that, there's not a lot of variance. Regarding the lightsaber, the short of it is, yeah you can have one, but you might not always be allowed to wear it to every event (depending on what it is). You also have some leeway as well in pistol belt rigs and pouches. When in doubt about a specific item, you're best bet is to just ask first.

2. Most popular pilot outfit is definitely the Orange X-wing. X-Wing 1 But remember, that costume also works for the ANH Y-wing! Y wing And as Lori said, we've recently had renewed interest in both the ROTJ Y-wing (grey flightsuit) Y wing and the A-wing (green flightsuit) Awing. Though to be fair, we could really use some more B-wingers (red flighsuit) Bwing . It really depends on what ship you fancy and how much effort you want to put into the costume.(If you're really gung-ho, might I suggest one of the Clone Pilot or Naboo Pilot outfits?) You've actually got quite a few choices, but bviously the non "X" costumes require a bit more effort to track stuff down as the suppliers and reference materials aren't as plentiful.

Hope this info helps! Oh, and be sure to check in with your local Base/Squadron's forums. Chances are they might have a better line on local costume sources for you. Good luck!

astromech_kuhns ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. i want to be a rebel pilot X-wing class. i also am a part of tcss so im making a saber and so i think it woud be cool to be a jedi pilot with my saber hanging and then i can attach the blade if i need to. then i am also apart of astromech.net for im a astromech builder and ill have a astromech droid to top it all off so ill be a pilot who is a jedi with there lightsaber hanging and his trusty astroemch droid R7-K8. i think itl be cool when ill have my main saber put into my costume!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're working on an Astromech, huh? Cool. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep im working on a astromech although im still researching and as you know im 14 so moneys a bit slow till i turn 15 and get a job at mcdonalds or something and generat cash thats when my costume saber and droid will realy come into play.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize you were only 14.

Well, you'll have plenty of time to work on your costume till you can officially join the Legion when you turn 18.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it will be four years but...thats why im doing research now. and also i got my droid and saber to keep me busy till then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: