About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=679af80c84be077b8f7edf4620638d0fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Winn Dixie Hometown Gator Bowl Parade - JACKSONVILLE, FL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverback (Richard Berry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Winn Dixie Hometown Gator Bowl Parade - JACKSONVILLE, FL
Event: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm

As some of you may know, Squad 7 of the Florida Garrison - 501st will be participating in the annual Wolfson Children's Hospital "Red Wagon Parade" this coming September. The squad raised the $1,000 entry fee (with all proceeds going to Wolfson Children's Hospital) and has finished their "red wagon" landspeeder for the parade. By participating in that parade, we are automatically entered into the Winn Dixie Hometown Gator Bowl Parade, which will be televised in nine states in the southeast.
I'd like to get an interest list going for anyone who would like to participate in the parade.

The parade will be held in downtown Jacksonville, New Years Eve Day at 3 p.m.

I'd really like to see the Rebel Legion join in and pull this off in full first weekend - Star Wars Weekends style. (sorry though, no free Disney passes or action figures will be handed out. LOL!!!) I feel like this will be a great opportunity for the Rebel Legion as a whole, seeing as how it's such a high profile event. I mean it's no Rose Bowl parade with George Lucas, but hell, like I said, it is televised in nine states so it would be a great opportunity to get our name out there.
This event invitation is extend to all Rebel Legion members - no matter what base.

Here's a little bit of info on the parade..... http://www.istc.org/sisp/index.htm?fx=e ... t_id=97278

Any way, post here if you think you may be interested.

More info to come as it is made available about hotels, parking, the parade route and New Years Eve party.

On the 501st side of things, there are troopers making this event from all over the state as well as a few that are going to come in from other states as well.

So far we (The Rebel Legion) have 3 RFT, 1 A-wing pilot, 2 Jedi (maybe) and a Anakin. We would love for more Rebels of all kinds to make it to this event. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to make it to this event. This event is just as big as Star Wars Weekends due to it's broadcast in 9 states.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, you know I'll be there. Probably in my X-wing gear as we've got 3 RFTs already.

Come on and sign up everyone! This is going to be fun! Mr. Green

Beth
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We (mid-ga group) have talked about this as well. We were wanting to come down with Squad 7 to participate with them in another parade. I'll talk with Hal, Beau, and the rest of the guys about that. Daph?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Squad 7 guys has got a special rate at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Airport for 501st members. I'll probably be staying there. Let me know who else is interested and I'll get the room rates for you.

Beth
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beth, we are confirmed in going down to this event and the 1 in Tallahassee too on the 15th. See ya soon Wink

Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks. Mr. Green

Beth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: