About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c9726f1f9b2178aca0b4947a321e8559Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Geppi's Event-Commercial UPDATE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Geppi's Event-Commercial UPDATE Reply with quote

Terps-
See Below for updates:
IMPORTANT!!!!!

Unfortunately I just received word that LFL would prefer that we not use any Star Wars characters in the Geppi's TV commercial. Sorry folks but this was just brought to my attention. Superhero characters are fine but we cannot appear as Star Wars characters for the TV spot. Sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone still wishes to participate int he shoot you can just in costumes other than Star Wars characters.

Sorry for the inconvenience all, but this was just brought to my attention.

Hello, my name is Mark Sanders. Missy Bowersox from the Geppi museum passed along your contact info to me in the hopes that you might be able to help out the museum and our production company.

We are filming a commercial for the museum, celebrating heroes, villains and icons of comics, film and television. We need performers in authentic looking Aquaman, Batman, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Flash, Green Lantern, Klingon, Martian Manhunter, Imperial Stormtrooper, Storm, Superman, and Wonder Woman costumes.

Of course, there are many great characters that I did not mention and we would welcome the opportunity to work with other performers who do other roles.

Missy told us she had a great experience working with you in the past and that in addition to your great costume, that you may know of others as well who may be interested and available.

If you are available, and have any other costume enthusiasts who may be available, please let us know as soon as you can. If possible, would you please also email us an in-costume photo of yourself along with any necessary contact info.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Mark S. Sanders

Creative Director

I've spoken with Mark Sanders and good news: Since this is short notice he is trying to push the shoot date to a weekend so more of us can attend. He also said they will provide food and drinks as well as DVD copies and E-Media copies for websites and such after production is done. Once I have the date I'll update further.

Newest UPDATE: The shoot has been scheduled for November 8th and 9th, TWO DAYS!!!!! And on a weekend. Lets get this going folks.

Last edited by Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett) on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be available, just let me know more.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. As soon as I get more info I'll update. Also Becca, I think Julie (from Geppi's) has you on the email thread concerning this event as well. If you get an email with more information from her and notice that I have not yet posted an update please feel free to post it here. My home PC has been acting funny so I don't want to miss posting it due to computer problems.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, if they need an Anakin I will be willing to help out.
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go Smile
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil-

The more the merrier, and don't feel limited to just one outfit. If you want to do Anakin and Revan feel free, it'll be a two day shoot so I think multiple costumes are fine.

Kellie-

I think Jawas are always welcome. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't want to step on any toes. If another Anakin is going to be there, I will step aside. Just LMK what you need me to do.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch base with Becca to be sure, she is handling contacting some other costumers from other bases. I've also sent word to Mary Alice and Rick @ Echo and Freedom respectively.
But there are plenty of characters that they seem to want.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated. Crying or Very sad
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received word from Mark Sanders, the Production Manager for the commercial shoot. Geppi's is currently negotiating with LucasFilm so we're not necessarily done yet. I'll post a definitive yay or nay when i hear more.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: