About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=70facaaec913ff81b0fa10982b8d845eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: Visalia School Fundraiser Oct. 11 (Sat)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mother Tusken ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there by 11:30 but I am not sure about Barry since he works Saturday morning. I know he plans to take off early and if things are slow there should be no problem.

Cheryl said that she would not be coming since she felt she was not wanted. And glad to know that people got their costumes submitted and okayed. It is nice to have more in the area.

Bette

PS Lorenzo was accepted and is now full Rebel Legion. Thumbs up
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim - Thank you for the update

Bette - Cheryl and I had a nice talk last night. I am sorry she won't be attending. It's a shame, it so complicated, getting voluneers to attend official RL events. Oh, well, it won't happen this way again. I will make more of a effort to make sure everyone who wants to attend can.

Lorenzo - Congratz on your entry into the Legion of DOOM or I mean "Rebel Legion" WOOT... LOL.

I should be there at 11:30... see you all at the event. I will be wearing my Jedi. Since we won't have Cheryl, I will be taking photo's for our group and can't do it in the Royal Guard, plus since we can't have blaster's or blade's, I figure my force pike is out of the question to and without it the guard isn't a guard.

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Tusken wrote:

Cheryl said that she would not be coming since she felt she was not wanted. And glad to know that people got their costumes submitted and okayed. It is nice to have more in the area.

Bette

PS Lorenzo was accepted and is now full Rebel Legion. Thumbs up

I'm really sorry if Cheryl didn't feel welcome. This is a joint Endor Base Sunrider event and friends of our members should be welcome when there are no tight restrictions on attendance (such as limited space at small high profile events). I don't believe Kim ever said she was not welcome? I suspect there is just confusion on how friends of the RL/501st can sign up?

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that I posted late last night and probably did not word it correctly but Cheryl can take things to heart. And I'm sure it was simply just misunderstandings. Rereading Derek's post, when he mentioned Cheryl coming he does say she could be a handler but that was probably missed or again just misunderstood.

Again, I look forward to the event. See you on Saturday Derek. Oh, and when you talk to Charles ask him about the Renassiance dinner and if we are still needed.

Bette
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys, I'm a teacher, and I know how serious things are when working with a school. Parents are always concerned about the safety and the well-being of their children. We as teachers, or event coordinators, must be very careful when we invite other people to set foot on school grounds. I believe that Kim was 100% correct to ask each person to make personal contact. This is a school event, and therefore it is serious business. I would do the absolutely same thing if I were leading this event. I would not feel comfortable bringing anyone to a school who I had never heard from in some way beforehand, and I do feel that Kim has been treated unfairly in this case. Asking people to make personal contact before an event of this kind is reasonable, and I support it. It might not be convenient for everyone, but it's something we need to accept. Really, in the big picture, it's not that big of a deal.

That being said, I'm sorry that I cannot attend this event myself, but I have a conflict schedule and can't be in two different cities at once! I do hope that the event goes over very well, and I hope that everyone will have fun... costumers and kids alike!

Pam :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not mean any disrespect towards Kim with my comment. As I stated I posted late last night when I was tired and did not word (or use enough words for that matter) what I was trying to convey. Kim knows Cheryl and has been to an event with Mike so it was not as if I were trying to bring in strangers. I said that I thought it was a misunderstanding and from the begining all I have wanted was this to be a successful event and to help since I know what it can be like to try and balance several groups at one time.

Everyone smile and let's have a good day tomorrow. It is much too close for bad feelings to surface.

Bette
Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm a teacher too...but at the high school level where I feel things are much more relaxed than at the elementry grade levels where ensuring a safe environment is priority #1 with small children. I can definetly understand the need to keep a tight list of who's participating.

I really wish I could be there! Hope you guys have a lot of fun!!!!!! Thumbs up
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Pam. Yes, I'm a "Mama Bear" when it comes to schools and children.

Rules were put into place to make this completely fair to everyone. No one was asked to do anything more or less than anyone else.

To my knowledge all those that had volunteered will be there from the time it starts to when it ends. (Unless you have already talked to me about it.)

The final list is now posted based upon personal contact made regarding their interest and commitment. Again, if you are on the list, please be there by 11:30. The event starts at 12:00. Jos (Siri Tachi) will work with everyone for work shifts, rest periods, lunch breaks, etc. ESPECIALLY those of you who are under masks and in armor.)

As is the custom of Surider Base and Southern California Garrison, we normally go and meet for dinner after an event. Usually Denny's (LOL) but open to suggestions.

THANK YOU AGAIN, EVERYONE FOR ALL THAT YOU ARE DOING!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Tusken wrote:
I should be there by 11:30 but I am not sure about Barry since he works Saturday morning. I know he plans to take off early and if things are slow there should be no problem.

Bette

Bette,

Unfortunately, Barry never personally contacted me regarding his interest. Therefore, in fairness to others that have, I have removed him from the list.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:
Mother Tusken wrote:

Bette

Bette,

Unfortunately, Barry never personally contacted me regarding his interest. Therefore, in fairness to others that have, I have removed him from the list.

Kim - I've contaceted the LCO regarding this. Barry was always on your original list of volunteers. It was never made clear that he must contact you personally or else he would be removed, you already approved him for the event. As CO of the base I'm asking you to please put him back on.

-- Kathy

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
AniSkywalker06 (Amy Dienhart)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy-
I don't think he should have to be put back on the list because he did not talk to Kim directly. I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but I've been watching this go on for a while and I couldn't help but wonder why this is such a big deal.
As Pam said it is a school event and we should have a tight grip on who is showing and who is not. If he did not call her, pm her, e-mail her, or respond to the forum, why was he even put on the list? I couldn't say yes for my significant other. Why can Bette say yes for him?

Ani
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing in the charter that says that a significant other cannot sign their partner up for an event. If this is a typical occurrence, then it should be permitted.

Lionel Bottari's daughter Emma signed him up to be Obi-Wan for the Rose Bowl Parade and for any event that's going on in the Chicago area. If someone's not used to using the forums or computers in general and wants to have their significant other or family member sign them up for them, and that person is reliable and going to the events they are signed up for, then there's nothing wrong with it.

I was a teacher myself for many years and understand the importance of security, but if this is a trusted member who has participated in many events before and has signed up in the same fashion, not to mention the fact that the CO trusts the person and is taking responsibility, then it should be allowed.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing this up for us.
Ani
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry is back on the list per demand.

I would like to express my thanks to everyone who complied with the request to contact me with their commitment to the event.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:
Barry is back on the list per demand.

I would like to express my thanks to everyone who complied with the request to contact me with their commitment to the event.

Thanks Kim, if I felt it had been made clear from day one that Barry himself needed to log on or contact you personally in order to remain on your volunteer list my view would have been different. However, this requirement was not made clear in the call out, and he was on your confirmed list of volunteers early on. No indication that he was tentative or pending some need to get in touch with you from what I saw.

I can list numerous past Rebel Legion events that took place in both Sunrider and Endor Base where Bette was permitted to sign up on behalf of Barry. It's never been a problem and shouldn't be for tomorrow's event either.

I fully understood and supported you Kim when you had friends of members requesting to be handlers or participate in costume. You said they needed to contact you first, rather than have it relayed through their friend. They had ample notice to do so and be added to the event.

I know this was a lot for you to organize across multiple groups. I do appreciate all of your efforts and I apologize if I came across as making demands. Hopefully we can develop clearer communication for future event sign-ups Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: