About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a9a4acb32c91c58adb85a2acdf5ef0b3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: Visalia School Fundraiser Oct. 11 (Sat)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:
*IMPORTANT WEAPON NOTE*

This was just clarified...LIGHTSABER HILTS ONLY! NO BLADES/NO FIGHTING!

Thanks!

Mr. Green

Wow, that's pretty lame. I can understand the no fighting thing, but no blades. jeez What's next...NO HELMETS! tk
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Additionl Jedi Reply with quote

Hi Kim

Humm... I am a bit confused? I think you might have mis-understood my previous post. I wasn't comparing costumes. But only offering a solution in the event Amy was unavailable to attend, do to work. You have her listed as tentative. I have meet her and she is a very nice young lady and I hope she can attend. I would like to make sure this event is the best it can possibly be and have as many costumed characters as possible. As I posted, if Amy is confirmed as available to attend, then alt Anakin will come in another Jedi costume.

DerekM1767 wrote:

I know we already have 1 Anakin tentatively scheduled to attend. I think it would be a great idea to have another in the event she can't make it due to work. If she can make it then our Anakin can just dress down to a standard Jedi.

I think every costume at FIDM was awesome and many thanks to all those who participated. I was there, and took a photo of the three winners: Adult Costume: Kathy (Padme), Junior/Teen Costume: Amy (Anakin) and Best Prop: Barry (Dooku's Lightsaber) and two children awards where given as well. Kudos to all those who won in their category. I don't believe the two costumes competed against each other, which is a good thing since they are both excellent and would have been hard to choose. I wouldn't want to have been a judge on that panel. Smile

I spoke to Charles today at the Hanford RenFaire in regards to your request for him to send you a private PM in order for him to be added to the list. He does not have internet access at this time and asked if I would send it on his behalf. Not sure why he has to send a PM, when others didn't, but either way, I will be sending the following on his behalf via a Private PM directly to you.

PM from Charles: "Greetings Kim, I am very interested in participating in the event at Royal Oaks Elementary on October 11th. If Amy is unable to attend, I am willing to wear my Anakin costume. If she is able to attend as Anakin, I have no problem wearing another Jedi costume. Please let Derek know which costume to wear before the event. Thank you and look forward to the event this coming weekend." - Charles

I hope this clears up any potential mis-understanding... and look forward seeing everyone and the opportunity to participate in another awesome event!

On a side note, if you live in the Tulare/Kings/Kern county area, you are more than welcome to join our local Star Wars Club, "The Twin Suns"

Lorenzo - I agree....go figure.... next no helmets.... next no costumes.... next no need for us. yoda ghost

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda

Last edited by DerekM1767 () on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:02 am; edited 2 times in total
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Handlers Reply with quote

Hi Kim

It's difficult to take photo's while trooping, so our local club (The Twin Suns) has an official photographer called the Holocron Master.

I talked with her today to see if she was available to come. If it's not a problem, can we add her to the list as a hander, so she can capture the event for us.

Name: Cheryl

Please let me know. Smile

Again look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the event. It's quickly approaching.

Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, due to some things coming up, go ahead and take me off the participation list.
Thanks, Lorenzo
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lorenzo Crying or Very sad you're not going to be able to make the event? I'm going to miss you. It is just not the same without our favorite clone. Hope everything is okay.

Bette
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo,
NP. I understand how conflicting events can be. Thank you for letting me know.

Derek,
Thank you for your efforts in informing people of our upcoming event. If you are not aware, then please know that it is common practice for people to either state in person, pm, call, post on the event threads, or email to the coordinator(s) with their request and confirmation of participation. This is so there is no miscommunication or misunderstandings.

Everyone on the list has contacted me in one of the above ways. So as soon as Charles makes direct contact that he wishes to participate as an RL member, he will be put on the list. His Anakin will be just fine. I'm sure he has family and/or friends that will give him computer access.

Also, we already have a RL photographer that is covering this event. Thank you anyways.

Bette,
Again, as I appreciate you suggesting someone who has a droid, I do not know who this person is. And, unless personal contact is made, they cannot be placed on the list. If they are interested, they can contact me. Or you can pm me his email or phone number and I will contact him directly.

To Everyone Attending:
The cutoff time for volunteering for this event is Thursday at 6:00 pm. I am meeting with the school personally to finalize parking, and other details. They once again are VERY excited to have us here. They appreciate that we are respectful of their no weapons policy. (However, we are cleared to let the kids hold the saber hilts for pictures, if you choose. ) I'll be posting the final details Friday night. Thanks again to everyone...let's go and make some kids dreams come true! Mr. Green

Kim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, I understand.

This was the droid I had mentioned in the begining owned by Mike McMasters. Didn't mean to step on toes but I was excited when he told me he might now be able to attend. Since he does not post on these boards how should I have him contact you? I am uncomfortable sending you his email without his permission but I will ask him if it is okay.

Bette
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can totally understand not just giving out his email, I would feel the same way. Thank you for your efforts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent him an email and asked him to contact you.

PM sent to you.

Bette
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:

Derek,
Thank you for your efforts in informing people of our upcoming event. If you are not aware, then please know that it is common practice for people to either state in person, pm, call, post on the event threads, or email to the coordinator(s) with their request and confirmation of participation. This is so there is no miscommunication or misunderstandings.

Everyone on the list has contacted me in one of the above ways. So as soon as Charles makes direct contact that he wishes to participate as an RL member, he will be put on the list. His Anakin will be just fine. I'm sure he has family and/or friends that will give him computer access.

Hi Kim

Thank you for the clerification... I will ask Charles if he can come over to send you the PM. What if he can't remember his password to login to these forums, I know he has mentioned he has never logged in before and may not even have one. How then can he communicate with you directly.

I have never had to directly communicate with an event organizer when partricipating in events. Not sure why this is a requirement. Usually Bette has made all the arrangements for our folks, indicating who is coming and what they are wearing. I find this to restrictive. My PM on his behalf should be sufficient. jeez

Also, as for our handler Cheryl, I wasn't asking as the RL photographer but for our local club. Even though all of us are RL members attending, she would be coming as a handler/photographer for us. You indicated we could have handlers and to inform you who they are. I attempted to do so? If you will not allow her to attend as an event staff, I will have her attend and pay for her entry on the day in question.

Thanks for the updates.

Last edited by DerekM1767 () on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekM1767 wrote:

Also, as for our handler Cheryl, I wasn't asking as the RL photographer but for our local club. Even though all of us are RL members attending, she would be coming as a handler/photographer for us. You indicated we could have handlers and to inform you who they are. I attempted to do so? If you will not allow her to attend as an event staff, I will have her attend and pay for her entry on the day in question.

I've always been fine with having friends of the Rebel Legion attend as official photographers at events. (Gerard from R2 builders was our photographer at a dance marathon, Robin's friend has come along to events as a photographer - etc.) So if there is room at the event for a friend to be a photographer, as CO of Endor Base I don't have a problem with it at all. Provided she is willing to share her photos with Rebel Legion Endor Base and Sunrider Base for our photo galleries Smile Hopefully Kim would be comfortable with that as well.

I realize every event organizer has a different method they are comfortable with. So if Kim is more comfortable with costume volunteers contacting her directly to ensure 100% for sure they are on the list that's fine and we should honor that. The public forum is often best for sign ups in my opinion, because sometimes e-mails are caught up by spam filters or overlooked.

As for signing up for events, I generally have asked RL members to post themselves for events. Or if it is one of our Fan Force members volunteering in costume, they send me an e-mail indicating they'd like to attend. That way nobody is left out of the loop if I have to send out information to all attendees.

However, if it is a personal friend or family of an RL member that's coming along (Be it Don's Sons in all their costumes, or a friend as a photographer, or Joan signing up on behalf of herself and her husband) we don't make each of those individuals contact the organizer directly. I'm kind of trusting that friend or family member to vouch for them and pass along the needed information.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathy....

Thanks for your comments. No worries, I just spoke to Charles, and he will not be attending "in costume" as part of Rebel Legion or the event group.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping to clarify, Kathy. You ROCK!!!! Mr. Green

Regarding Cheryl, as she was only requested as a photographer, that is what was addressed. However, if she wishes to attend also as a wrangler/handler for you, that is fine. Bette has my email. Have Cheryl contact me so I know that she is interested, and I will put her on the list.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINAL LIST UPDATED IN FIRST POST AND LOCATION INFO

Hey Everyone, I met with the school today, and they are excited beyond words. We will have a secured, locked changing area with bathrooms. (Unless you are on the list, you will NOT be allowed inside the secured area. One person will be in charge of the key.) They are also supplying us with water, and will be giving us food vouchers as well. (I understand Pizza and homemade clam chowder in bread bowls are some of the things on the menu). :rockin:

Arrival time is 11:30, and the event starts at 12:00 and goes to 5:00. Once we start in, Jos (Siri Tachi) will be your Head Wrangler/Queen-of-Everything! (LOL) She will be there to help keep things going smoothly and assisting those who need help suiting up. Any questions, help needed, costume repairs, etc. just ask her. Mr. Green Terry (RFT Hobbit) will be assisting her. Terry's son, Devin, will be our Wrangler-In-Training/Gopher for this event.

The address is: Royal Oaks School, 1323 S. Clover, Visalia, CA
The written directions are: (With Mapquest link following)

Coming from North:
Take Hwy 99 South to 198 (Visalia) turnoff.
Coming from South:
Take Hwy 99 North to 198 (Visalia) turnoff.
(Rest is the same)
Go East on 198 until you come to Mooney Blvd exit. The the Mooney Blvd exit and turn right (South). Go South on Mooney Blvd until you come to Tulare Ave. Turn right (West) on Tulare Ave until you come to S. Woodland St. Turn left (South) on Woodland until you reach W. Howard Ave. Turn right (West) on Howard. You will see the school. Follow the curve around and you will see a small parking lot on the left side, in front of rows of classrooms. It should have cones at the entrance. This is where we are to park. Once you park you will go through the gate and come to the teacher's staff room. I will have someone out there to direct you.

MAPQUEST LINK:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Visalia&state=CA&cat=Royal+Oaks+School

Thank you again EVERYBODY, I was told today that this means more to the school than we can possibly imagine. :chewie:
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps.. double post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: