About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8b5801db33734660ff417cf5bfd1543eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT: Visalia School Fundraiser Oct. 11 (Sat)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...any update on whether this is a lightsabers only event? Smile
Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? Anyone?...Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller? Dance Chewie

Seriously though, if Kim is busy with personal priorities that are very understandable, would it be in the best interest of this event for someone to help her out?

Since this event is within sight, it'd be nice to know if this is a blasterless event, to see a post regarding the 501st side of what characters will be in attendance, and then get an update on the original participation list so we can all have a better idea of the direction this event is headed. Smile

Sorry if I'm out of line. I'm just someone who values communication and likes to be up-to-date on things I commit to. Must be the teacher in me. shoot me
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to let you know that Liz will not be able to attend this event due to personal reasons but she said she went last year (her daughter was a student at the school) and she thought it was a lot of fun.
Looking forward to this and the gaffi stick. Very Happy
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzer wrote:
Anyone? Anyone?...Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller? Dance Chewie

Seriously though, if Kim is busy with personal priorities that are very understandable, would it be in the best interest of this event for someone to help her out?

Since this event is within sight, it'd be nice to know if this is a blasterless event, to see a post regarding the 501st side of what characters will be in attendance, and then get an update on the original participation list so we can all have a better idea of the direction this event is headed. Smile

Sorry if I'm out of line. I'm just someone who values communication and likes to be up-to-date on things I commit to. Must be the teacher in me. shoot me

NP..completely understand..the surgery was much more intensive than I thought, and took me a bit longer to get back to the forums..but am here now and doing good. l(Siri Tachi is my backup on this.) And hey, I'm a teacher too, but Special Ed..so I tend to be more laid back and "go with the flow!" LOL But thanks for being patient.

List will be updated as soon as this is posted

Lorenzo: Yes, this is a NO BLASTER event..lightsabers only are permitted. However, I can hardly wait to see your Clone Trooper! Very Happy

Derek: Either Jedi or Red Guard is welcome. I'm good with either one you want to bring. (However I think I met you in your Red Guard at an event a couple of years ago..and it was majorly impressive!) Mr. Green However, I'm easy on this.. What ever you are most comfortable in

Bette: Thank you for the condolences, and the good wishes for the surgery. Our cousin is now out of pain (he had a very rare form of melanoma that was ..brutal. ) As for my surgery..much more than expected, but am doing good now. Thank you. And thanks for the offer of assistance, but Jos is my assistant on this. Very Happy

Now updates are in place. Just check the first post.

Kim

Last edited by Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh) on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I don't have access to CCG boards, I've asked Scottrooper to do an updated list for me. (Yes, I guess I'm representing Southern Ca Garrison on this one). THBBPPPPTTT Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:
As I don't have access to CCG boards, I've asked Scottrooper to do an updated list for me. (Yes, I guess I'm representing Southern Ca Garrison on this one). THBBPPPPTTT Mr. Green

You can register on the CCG boards without being a member of that garrison. We are registered on the SoCal boards even though we are members of CCG. I know quite a few 501st members that are forum members of many different garrisons.

I took a look and with Will and Lorenzo there are 5 members signed up but 2 are still unsure. There is 1 TK confirmed; Shelly I think, and a possible Jango. Scott can give you the full list.

Glad that the surgery went okay. My grandfather and an aunt died from melanoma so I know how horrible that can be, so my best to your family.

Bette
Cruzer (Lorenzo)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=darkred]*UPDATE AS OF 9/29/2008*[/color]

NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that people are saying that specific characters have been requested. This is not so, nor has it ever been. This is a multi-character, multi-face character event, and whomever can be there is greatly appreciated. If there is ANY question regarding who is being requested, please pmt me, as I am the contact for this event. (And THANKS again to Scott for being my CCG Contact on this!) Wranglers will be and are ALWAYS appreciated, but, again, as this is a school, they need to be on the list for this.

The new list has been posted at the top of the forum.

Thanks all. Lets make this a great time for everyone involved.

EDIT: Scot/ Dark Lord (SCG) just came on board to take over after Will has to leave. THANKS, MAN!!!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know personally I haven't heard anything like that within my participation with Endor Base or as a CCG member. However....if by chance the character 'Popeye' was requested, definitely let me know because I've got this great Popeye costume!!! Razz

Thanks for the updates!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master--Kenobi wrote:
[color=darkred]*UPDATE AS OF 9/29/2008*[/color]

NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that people are saying that specific characters have been requested. This is not so, nor has it ever been.

Hum, I was not aware of this. Nobody has contacted me about anything - but if they did I'd refer them to you since you are the one in communication with the school and coordinating this across multiple garrisons and bases Smile

Thanks for all of your hard work on this Kim.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Master--Kenobi

NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that people are saying that specific characters have been requested. This is not so, nor has it ever been. [/quote]

Perhaps on reading the first page and the request form someone thought it was only for Rebels. I'm talking about this section.
Rebel Troopers : Rebel Troopers
Jedi : Jedi
Droids : Droids
Royalty : Royalty

I know that under this there is a section where the 501st is mentioned but it might have been missed if someone were reading quickly. Anyway, I have to agree with Lorenzo that I had not heard anything of this sort and always thought the event was open to all Rebels and Imperials.
I just want this to be a successful event.

Bette
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Additionl Jedi Reply with quote

Hello

I just spoke to a Twin Suns/Rebel Legion member in our area who has a great Anakin costume and can attend the event on Oct 11th. I know we already have 1 Anakin tentatively scheduled to attend. I think it would be a great idea to have another in the event she can't make it due to work. If she can make it then our Anakin can just dress down to a standard Jedi.

Name: Charles - Anakin (Minus DeadMom) or Jedi
Image: http://www.thetwinsuns.com/title/images/temp/FanDay2-142.jpg

Oh... and Kim, if it's not to hot on that day, I will wear my Royal Guard. If it's to hot, then I will go with the Jedi. Smile

Just tyring to help out and get as many costumed characters as we can to make this an awsome event. Keep up the great work and see you there.

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek

Yes, I'm familar with Charles and his outfit that is in the picture you shared. He is a member of Sunrider Base. In fact the Anakin outfit in the picture link was made by Siri Tachi, who is the Co-Leader for this event. Ironically, Amy's Anakin beat out that same outfit (and all the other Anakins) at the FIDM contest...so both Anakins do have excellent outfits. LOL

If Charles is interested in attending, have him PM me and I'll get him on the list.

Kim
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*IMPORTANT WEAPON NOTE*

This was just clarified...LIGHTSABER HILTS ONLY! NO BLADES/NO FIGHTING!

Thanks!

Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today I think we have an R2 for the event. Mike told me today that he thought he would be able to make the event but I will not know for sure for a couple of days. Also, it will depend on rain. It seems the droid does not like water.

Plus, Craig from the CCG posted there that he would be attending although he is now thinkning of doing a Trooper since Jango feels naked without his blasters. Laughing He is a great guy and I have trooped with him a few times. I'm glad that Lorenzo contacted him about this event.

I think we have 11 confirmed. This is shaping up nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: