Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=79b421484211e72e84ace21acad8b3f3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Boo At The Zoo: Audubon Zoo, New Orleans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogan Creel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Boo At The Zoo: Audubon Zoo, New Orleans Reply with quote

The Audubon Zoo's Halloween event known as "Boo At The Zoo" will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 24, 25, & 26.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Sept. 1, 2008. The zoo has become more strict regarding our wranglers permitting only 2 last year. I will inquire if this is still the case. If anyone has family or friends that want to attend, I recommend they purchase tickets early as this event does sell out fairly quick.

The local squad for the 501st is heading this up and handling the list of attending troopers. If your not familiar and want to attend, speak up so we can get your name in. If you are familiar with them then you know where to go and sign up.
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there a couple of those days, will know closer to the time which days. Smile

- Rouge Squadron, Smashbox 26
- Echo Base, Hawkbat 14
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of Halloween troops going on these session, a B.A.T.Z. in Baton Rouge, an activity center up in Manderville (Rodney) and another troop by Earl. Double check the with the BAS for all the fun and could even be cross posted.
Corsair 13 'CooR' / Honorary Dragon Snake 7
Nolajedi (Em LeMieux)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a total newbie, but I would like to do the Boo at the Zoo for my first troop, since I live here in New Orleans. Make that my daughter and me....she is the one getting me into this after all.
Very Happy
She's 6, but I have no problem with having to buy her a ticket to get her in.

I haven't gotten around to submitting my costume pics for RL membership approval yet(been busy catching up on all the work I fell behind on due to GUSTAV), but I have a Jocasta Nu and an Old Republic generic Jedi. So, hopefully I can get that done before the Boo...I do want to be "official".

(If anyone here was at Babelcon this summer, I was the mother of the little blue-eyed Jedi youngling who spent the whole time hiding from cameras and hanging around the troopers like a puppy dog. I wore my Jocasta, but since I was too lazy that day to colour my hair grey, everyone thought I was Shmi. LOL)
Cyber Bishop (Earl Toll)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolajedi wrote:
I'm a total newbie, but I would like to do the Boo at the Zoo for my first troop, since I live here in New Orleans. Make that my daughter and me....she is the one getting me into this after all.
Very Happy
She's 6, but I have no problem with having to buy her a ticket to get her in.

I haven't gotten around to submitting my costume pics for RL membership approval yet(been busy catching up on all the work I fell behind on due to GUSTAV), but I have a Jocasta Nu and an Old Republic generic Jedi. So, hopefully I can get that done before the Boo...I do want to be "official".

(If anyone here was at Babelcon this summer, I was the mother of the little blue-eyed Jedi youngling who spent the whole time hiding from cameras and hanging around the troopers like a puppy dog. I wore my Jocasta, but since I was too lazy that day to colour my hair grey, everyone thought I was Shmi. LOL)

I remember you. Smile

http://a339.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/40/l_4231b97976154f5a284d0d8830d32bea.jpg

TK/ID/SL - 2926
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment
Sith Lord Detachment
Imperial Officer Corps

*Yes, I am still here*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rogan Creel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info on Boo at the Zoo in New Orleans can be found here.
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1645&mforum=las

Have a look and introduce yourself to the whole gang. Let us know what night(s) you want to attend and we'll get you on the list.
Nolajedi (Em LeMieux)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyber Bishop wrote:

I remember you. Smile

http://a339.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/40/l_4231b97976154f5a284d0d8830d32bea.jpg

I remember you too, and so does my daughter.
Very Happy

Is that your little one in the picture? Marie(my baby girl) had fun playing with her that weekend, and was quite pleased to meet another little girl who is into Star Wars.

~~~

OK, I just went and signed up for the 501st forum....just waiting for the admin to approve.
Cyber Bishop (Earl Toll)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pix from the event are here.

http://public.fotki.com/la501st/boo-at-the-zoo-audu/

TK/ID/SL - 2926
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment
Sith Lord Detachment
Imperial Officer Corps

*Yes, I am still here*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: