About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=83a75d2907cf32e0c3b2b8d6c8480927Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

"We Care For Kids Day" - Sept 28 - Nashville
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-TN (Glenn Stein)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: "We Care For Kids Day" - Sept 28 - Nashville Reply with quote

Vanderbilt Children's Hospital has given Corellian Base (and MidSouth Garrison) approval to appear at their annual family fun day on Sunday, September 28, on the grounds of Vanderbilt University in Nashville. More Event Info

The event takes place from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and we will have access to a 10x10 tent somewhere near the corner of 25th Avenue South and Children's Way. Parking will be in lots 73, 74, and 75. This is the blue area at the bottom left of the map. We will have access to the back of a U-Haul for changing and storing, but it might be easier to change at your car (or at home if you can drive in your costume). I'm going to try and bring several bottles of water.

Does anybody have some of those RL booklets or any other materials?

Please post if you can attend and what costume.

Roster
Obi-TN
Darzu
FallenJedi
+501st members
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the event on the Mid-South Garrisons Forums but did not see where we were inivited; however, I am all for making kids smile so put me down as Tenative right now. I will know more on Saturday after the Shelbyville event.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS AN 501ST ONLY EVENT. We have a great dealings with them (501st for this area) and I would like to keep it that way. And from what I understand, we are VERY LUCKY that we do have great dealing with them.

How would you like alot of Stormtrooper showing up at an Rebel Legion event? I would not.

I know we have members that have memberships in both the 501st and Rebel Legion. If you do, I ask keep each club to itself and try to cross them.
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring some of those booklets.

Quote:
I know we have members that have memberships in both the 501st and Rebel Legion. If you do, I ask keep each club to itself

Does this mean I can't bring the booklets if I wear my TK armor?
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darzu wrote:

If you are going as an TK then you are going as an 501st not Rebel Legion. From my point of view.
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no problem you bringing the booklets Bob; however, I do not think it would be good to hand them out in ur TK costume.

I am coming to this event and I will be in my Jedi Costume. Just let me see first if we have the approval of Hook to make sure when he gets the okay through Vanderbilt to see if the Rebel Legion will be okay to attend this event.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Wolf wrote:
Darzu wrote:

If you are going as an TK then you are going as an 501st not Rebel Legion. From my point of view.

I never said I was going as a member of the Rebel Legion. I mearly offered to print some booklets on my own time and at my own expense. You were the one that suggested that there be some separation of RL and 501st. Shouldn't the command staff of the base be trying to build relationships with other groups instead of hindering them?
Obi-TN (Glenn Stein)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I'm the only person who has actually spoken to Vanderbilt at this point, I can assure you that both the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion are approved to attend this event.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who said you was the point of contact?
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Wolf wrote:
Proof please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who said you was the point of contact?

You're kidding right?
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...

There obviously is some sort of rift here that needs to be worked out, but let's not let the event suffer because of it. To me, it sounds like there's some fundamentals that need to be addressed and worked out because we're so closely associated with the 501st.

For many of us, going to an event that welcomes both sides of the Star Wars universe means having to choose which costume to wear. Now... does that mean we can only represent the specific group that our chosen costume belongs to, or can we cross-promote to either group? Maybe it's easier (or at least less confusing) in the eyes of a recruit to have that separation. I don't know. It definitely does help to have a good relationship between the 2 groups so we can have both groups at as many events as possible. Maybe I'm off here, but my perception is that sometimes the 501st is contacted about events and the RL is brought on board afterward. I honestly don't know if the reverse is true or not.

To get back to my point (I promise there is one), we probably do need to take a page from the 501st in that we have an event coordinator. That person would speak for the Corellian Base until they hand it off to a local rep. If that simply means that they talk to the 501st rep to make sure it's ok for the RL to be there and can be filled in on any details, then that's all it takes (although personal contact would be best). Now... is there an event coordinator? If not, then I'd say we would need to run it past the CO and XO first. It sounds like Glenn set this up for both the 501st and RL, so it makes sense that he's the contact, but just like on the 501st boards, it probably needs to be approved by the command staff. Does anyone have a problem with that? And would this help smooth things out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

FWIW:
Glenn works there, spoke with the event coordinator and got the MSG PIO in touch with the Vandy folks.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. you guys need to calm down. Both organizations can promote and help each other. When we did the Make a Wish event at the Children's Theater, I was in my Jedi costume. I was talking to people and talking up both groups. There is no reason at all for there to be any dissent between the two. Last time I checked we are aligning ourselves by imaginary good guys and bad guys. Please think about how silly this sounds. Let's just have fun and make the kids happy.

/rant over
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is some growing concearns about this let me say this. First I was not aware that Glenn worked at Vandy so since he has been intouch with the person. I will place him in contact with for this and event captain on the Rebel Legion Aspect of it.

Bob again if you want to make some books I see no problem with that the person I usually get my copies made free from is out of town for 3 weeks on his honeymoon. If you want to pass them out in your TK armor if push comes to shove I do not see any problem with it. I am still going to do my best to be there in Jedi Costume just will not know till Saturday after the Pet Celebration in Shelbyville.

We all are here to help spread the name of the Rebel Legion so lets all be family like we are supose to be I consider this close and any member who wants to come please place your name here so Glenn can place your name on the roster.
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darzu wrote:
I can bring some of those booklets.

Bob, I think that's great.
I would like to have some RL material to hand out and I appreciate your effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: