About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7f04ae31af021f66ec18a1097004c9c3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFU - Galen Marek (Spoilers Inside)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: TFU - Galen Marek (Spoilers Inside) Reply with quote

My next major new costume will hopefully be the redeemed apprentice Galen Marek from The Force Unleashed. Before I know for sure if I can do this I need as many screen shots as possible.

I have only been able to locate one so far from using the Google, so if anyone here has the ability to do this I would appreciate it very much. I am looking for the white costume seen below.

Found a couple more

Last edited by Aurabesh on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you look here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Galen_Marek

And you will probably want this book http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=418210;category_id=408208;pcid1=293;pcid2=%20rid=LECNL1

Last edited by Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd) on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I only want ones of the white costume. Which does not come around until the end of the game. He should be wearing it during the Vader/Emperor duel.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a cheat on the game for this outfit if you need a better look.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was someone else, but I thought he didn't have access to the game, which is why he was asking for pics?
Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done this costume for the release. the Art Of book has an excellent 360degree shot showing every angle. I can give you some pointers if you need-em.

Steve Schaeperkoetter
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drago Lordist wrote:
I've done this costume for the release. the Art Of book has an excellent 360degree shot showing every angle. I can give you some pointers if you need-em.

Thanks for the tip. Can you post a pic of yours so I can see how you did it.
Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my album for the release:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003167&l=97e93&id=1294440207

which'll give you some different angles of mine. 2 things I still want to change - darken my spats and bracers and split my belt up so you can see between them.

I was trying to push this one for 501st acceptance rather than RL but no one seems to agree with me. I think he's still a dark side character at this point but we'll see how it goes with the RL LCJ's.

Steve Schaeperkoetter
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I have to disagree with you about this one being in the 501st. I think that once he embraces his true given name, he has turned to the light side. Now I do think that any costume before this one would work for the 501st, but this would be the only costume of his that would work for the RL.
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
Thanks for the link. I have to disagree with you about this one being in the 501st. I think that once he embraces his true given name, he has turned to the light side. Now I do think that any costume before this one would work for the 501st, but this would be the only costume of his that would work for the RL.

Well, what about the costume you can unlock, the Cerimonal Jedi Robes?
at least on the wii version.
I havent seen that costume yet, so that makes me think that there are different costumes available in the different versions.
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware of another unlockable costume for the Wii. At what point in the game can you access it? My feeling towards this is that the turning point from dark to light, is when he finally embraces his true given name. Any thing before then would fall under him being Sith, and anything afterward would fall under him being a Jedi.
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER.....

There's the Jedi costume that he wears going after Vader/Emperor to free the newly form Rebel Alliance. And then there is the Ceremonial Jedi Outfit. In essence there are two that would be accepted for the character here a the RL.

MORE SPOILERS

And I discussed this w/Hof. The character was born a Jedi went down a wrong path due to Vader, was deceived and realized this. He found his true Jedi calling and ultimately was responsible for starting the Rebel Alliance and that is where the Rebel Bird Logo was adopted from as a symbol of the Rebellion (that's the brief version Wink )

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that Lori. Thats why after reading the book I feel his turning point would be where he finally accepts his given name. Any costume he wares after that point would be RL acceptable.
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
I agree with that Lori. Thats why after reading the book I feel his turning point would be where he finally accepts his given name. Any costume he wares after that point would be RL acceptable.

They would be. Wink It would be hard and wrong to deny the fact he was responsible for the Rebellion.

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most def Lori.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: