About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=00a7da7b830bf80c44b262f18db52066Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Help! I'm a noobie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you're on a limited budget, you can still get a good start on the costume. A complete Jedi costume will cost you more than $200.

The standards you cited are for Rebel Alliance Jedi. You may want to look at the Old Republic Jedi standards as well.

As a start, you want to get a good tunic set, tabbards, obi, and inner tunic. Think about how you want the set to look - short, medium, or long (short would be something like Obi-Wan from TPM or AOTC; medium would be Obi-Wan/Anakin from ROTS; long would be like Obi-Wan from ANH).

For pants, you can easily use a pair of Dickies work pants.
You can find cheap brown vinyl boots on eBay for $30 or so.

Figure out the color scheme you want to do first. You have a range from beige, tan, mocha, to chocolate brown colors to consider for your tunic set. Do some research on how some artists have illustrated Jedi in the comics.

Bottom line is that you should take your time to get it right the first time. You should also be prepared to increase your budget.

Best wishes.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have already seen that $200 isnt doable for now.
Something more like $500 seems to be a cheap costume. well, thanks for the help.
I do have a general idea, medium, unless short is considerable cheaper.
Tan, maybe slightly darker.
Well, thanks for all the help! E-bay seems to be the best place. lol
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be careful with eBay costumes. Sometimes you get something cheap and that's what you get: cheap. (You get what you pay for). Good luck, and check your PM. Wink

eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i replied! thanks.
but really, thats what i need atm.
cheap. just enough to get in, then make it better as we go along.
idk, i just wanna join.
I do need to step back, and take an objective long term approach to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: