About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e9a9378b2f4faa768681e8817c4096c3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Arena attempt!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Padmela ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Padme Arena attempt!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here, but well, here is my costume, I've just entered my registration, hope I'll be lucky!!

I Five

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great Very Happy
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi baby, of course it looks great, you have worked a lot on this project and I'm very proud of you. I'm just so glad that you're my love, really, and as EVERYONE can see now, here at Mexico we're doing GREAT things with the costumes, and most of them are HANDMADE. We're NOT BUYING ALMOST ANYTHING, and therefore the results, from my humble point of view, are just impressive... most impressive!!!

Congrats babe, and hope this time we WON'T have ANY trouble registering this suit, cause frankly the rejection on mexican recruits have become something so common...and is very annoying, moreover when we're following the famous canons BY THE BOOK, but lets see...

CHEWIE_MX (Rafael A. Hidalgo Rodriguez)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooooooooooorale.

Mi buen Padmela te sacaste un 11.
esta FOCA...SUMARE. como dice el tachidito.

y lo mejor es que lo hiciste tu, mis respetos esta muy padre.

Yo concuerdo con el Master Roberto un Costume tiene mas merito si lo trabajas tu que si lo compras ya hecho.

Ademas te diviertes un chorro en el proceso(bueno al menos a mi asi me pasa...ja ja ja).

De nuevo Felicidades y esperemos que pronto te den luz verde con ese traje.

Si no me cai que estan bien PEN.....sadores estos cuates.

Nos vemos y que la fuerza te acompañe siempre...... siempre.

Atte.
Rafa
Alias
Chewie_mx

MAESTRO YODA
anakinskoe ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otra vez!?!?!?!

Bueno, solo diré que más de los mismo y ya sin comentarios respecto de las admisiones, me cae!!!

Felicidades Pam, el traje está padrísimo y esperemo de verdad que no vuelva a suceder lo de siempre.

Que Le Fuerza nos acompañe esta vez...

Again?!?!?!

Well, I'm just gonna say that is the same as always...no more comments on this "admission topic", really!!!

Congrats Pam, your costume is really great, and lets just hope that this time won't happen the same as always.

May The Force be with us this time...
Mexican Base
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks fantastic, just for giggles I pulled up a reference picture on the padawans guide and it looks pretty dead on. Great job!
Lady Vader (Kristina Howard)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks great! Good job! Smile
Master Ki- Adi Mundi (Carlos Francisco Barriguete Castañón)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, that´s correct, the costume of Padmela´s looks great! and I hope she don´t have any trouble with yours registration this time.

I send my greatings for the Rebelion in the Mexican Base from Xalapa, Veracruz.

General Mundi.
Roberto Kenobi ()
Tijuana Oupost CO
Tijuana Oupost CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good in spite of the opinions the suit was rejected

they comment to me that it was by the hairdo, but this in appeal the registry.

respect the canon, but I believe that really it is needed to renew the same well.

fodder that like this evaluating the suits, to the canon it needs many specifications for the same.

I hope that but people think the same and our suggestion is taken into account.

because a suit made by one same one, has but bought merit that one. Pàmela congratulations by your work

a pesar de las opiniones el traje fue rechazado

me comentan que fue por el peinado, pero esta en apelacion el registro.

respeto el canon, pero creo que realmente se necesita renovar bien el mismo.

pienso que como se esta evaluando los trajes, al canon le faltan muchas especificaciones para lo mismo.

espero que mas personas piensen lo mismo y se tome en cuenta nuestra sugerencia.

pues un traje elaborado por uno mismo, tiene mas merito que uno comprado.
felicidades Pàmela por tu trabajo

ROBERTO MANCERA
CO MEXICAN BASE
REBEL LEGION

Cool

Los verdaderos heroes no necesitan medallas!!
I Five

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skoe wrote:
Hi baby, of course it looks great, you have worked a lot on this project and I'm very proud of you. I'm just so glad that you're my love, really, and as EVERYONE can see now, here at Mexico we're doing GREAT things with the costumes, and most of them are HANDMADE. We're NOT BUYING ALMOST ANYTHING, and therefore the results, from my humble point of view, are just impressive... most impressive!!!

Congrats babe, and hope this time we WON'T have ANY trouble registering this suit, cause frankly the rejection on mexican recruits have become something so common...and is very annoying, moreover when we're following the famous canons BY THE BOOK, but lets see...

Rejection is common everywhere....not just in Mexico. Here in Minnesota I know almost all of us were rejected at least once before we got approvel. So don't feel too bad about it Wink
Roberto Kenobi ()
Tijuana Oupost CO
Tijuana Oupost CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Five wrote:
skoe wrote:

Rejection is common everywhere....not just in Mexico. Here in Minnesota I know almost all of us were rejected at least once before we got approvel. So don't feel too bad about it Wink

thank you very much by your commentaries friend, we will continue trying ......
your friend
Roberto Mancera
CO Mexican Base
Rebel Legion

Los verdaderos heroes no necesitan medallas!!
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberto Kenobi wrote:
..... but this in appeal the registry.

respect the canon, but I believe that really it is needed to renew the same well....

Please see http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12135 for process to appeal a denial of any costume. Please do not post an appeal on the forums, as that is the incorrect way to go about it.

Last edited by Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd) on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Alice, but anyone here made an appeal, so I don't understand your post!!! Believe me, here at Mexico we have plenty of experience on doing appeals, even more than making new registrations, really.

Well, the thing is that obviously the canons are obsolete and very wrong structured. Many of them are ambiguous and very bad redacted; but well, I guess that eventually "others" might have the chance to make some very urgent corrections to them. For example, the canons regarding ALL the jedi costumes are, for say the least, vague and poorly accurate; on the other hand is very impressive that nowadays there are VERY IMPORTANT characters of the SW universe that don't have any written canons yet, just for example Mace Windu or Plo Koon, costumes by the way that are being developed right now by mexican members, and that I really don't know how do anyone will pretend to make a judge about them.

Sorry if anyone thinks that I'm being annoying on this, but WERE SUPPOSED TO BE the second costuming organization in the SW world, so what happens about this. I really believe that WE ALL, and I include myself of course, have to rethink our position on this costuming organization. I propose a debate on all this matter; our beloved Legion has to improve itself on all this matters, and I really believe that is not a "thing to do tomorrow". We have to do it right away, cause each time we reject a recruit for things that are not clearly stated on the canons, WE ALL GIVE A VERY WRONG MESSAGE to the general public, and the word "elitists" seem to be more and more common as an adjective to describe our group, and I believe that anyone here would be happy with that.

skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

En español...

Lo siento Alice, pero nadie aquí hizo ninguna apelación, así que no entiendo tu posteo!!! Créeme, aquí en México tenemos mucha experiencia en el tema de las apelaciones, incluso más que en el propio proceso de registro, de verdad.

La cuestión es que obviamente los cánones están obsoletos y muy mal estructurados. Muchos de ellos son ambiguos; pero en fin, "otros" tal vez tengan la oportunidad de hacerles algunas correciones urgentes. Por ejemplo, los canones respecto de TODOS los trajes jedi son, por decir lo menos, vagos y poco acertados; por otro lado es realmente impresionante que hoy en día hay personajes MUY IMPORTANTES del universo de SW que no tienen ningún canon por escrito, solo como ejemplo están los casos de Mace Windu y Plo Koon, trajes que por cierto están siendo desarrollados por miembros mexicanos actualmente, y francamente no sé cómo alguien va a pretender emitir un juicio acerca de ellos.

Lo siento si alguien pinesa the estoy siendo molesto con todo esto, pero se SUPONE QUE SOMOS la segunda organización de costuming en el universo de SW, por ende qué está pasando con todo esto. Yo de verdad creo que TODOS NOSOTROS, y me incluyo yo mismo obviamente, debemos reflexionar acerca de nuestra posición en esta organizacion de costuming. Propongo un debate acerca de todos estos temas; nuestra amada Legión debe mejorar en todos estos temas, y de verdad creo que nos es algo que "debamos considerar para mañana". Es algo que tenemos que hacer de inmediato, porque cada vez que rechazamos a un recluta o aspirante por cosas que no están claramente establecidas en los cánones, TODOS NOSOTROS ENVIAMOS UN MUY MAL MENSAJE al público en general, y la palabra "elitistas" parece ser más y más común como un adjetivo que se usa para describir a nuestro grupo, y creo que nadie aquí debería sentirse bien con esto.

Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big thing about doing a face character is that the applicant has to get all the details correct. For the Jedi, that means not just the costume parts but also any accessories, hair style, and lightsaber.

For Padmes, a key component of the costume is the hairstyle. The applicant has to get her hair done more or less the same way as the character she's trying to portray.

The judges have a duty to both promote membership into the Rebel Legion but to also ensure the highest quality of representation of the Star Wars characters.

Formal requirements are written to be generic and encompassing. They may appear to be vague because they were intended to be flexible enough to allow most people to meet them.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: