About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0cf4f75dcda668e73fb42985c5a2044eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

alternative costume suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lancer (Vincent Paul Formosa)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: alternative costume suggestion Reply with quote

I know I'm *gasp* committing heresy, but I came across http://pingmag.jp/2006/01/18/construction-worker-fashion/ this URL and found it very interesting.

the look of the clothing is quite good, particularly lower down when you get to the catalogue section and thought the 'look' would be quite good for star wars, and particularly jedi.

I know the tabard etc is the 'traditional' jedi clothing, however, I never bought into the fact that people of Tatooine just happen to wear clothing that is remarkably jedi like in appearance.

and considering the width and breadth of the galaxy, and the diverse civilisations out there, it's not impossible for some jedi to adopt clothing to suit their own tastes.

bear in mind qui gon jinn was a bit of a rebel with the rules, well I imagine some people might wear something other than the standard.

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people customize their Jedi attire, there are certain specifacations it has to flal into but I've seen soem pretty creative outfits get accepted.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be perfect for a STeampunk Jedi.
Or if a Jedi were running about on Earth in the 'wild west" it has the Texas Ranger" flavor, VERY nice.:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: