About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ab54f9bfb6470856315097cbfaa10331Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Great Escape Theaters-August 15th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
wampameatTue Aug 05, 2008 7:12 pm
dawmer299Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 am
sandtrooperscoutSat Aug 09, 2008 12:17 am
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Great Escape Theaters-August 15th Reply with quote

Hey all,

I just finished talking with the Great Escape theaters here in Omaha. We will have 3 separate events. This thread is for Friday, August 15th from 6pm - 10pm. If you can only do part of this, that would be OK too. Just let me know!

Please click on the registration above so that we may plan accordingly.

We might do the Jedi Training Academy. I'll have to coordinate that with the 501st. The theater will be letting us have sole use their balcony for the duration of the events. All events will be joint events with the 501st.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you there!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably won't be there right at 6. My wife gets done with work at 6, so I have to pick her up first, then go after dropping her and Keira off at home. Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reconsidering....

After making the comic shop rounds today and hearing all the politics and bs going on between the shops and theaters over this (not to mention Rusty is telling places we're handing out flyers for them ie: anyone who sides with Rusty and Great Escapes?) I'm not sure it's something I (or we for the matter) need to be a part of. Seems like ever since FCBD we've been viewed more as a marketing tool and less of what we're supposed to be for.

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, some of those comic guys do like to talk.... I have also heard some rumblings but will go to what I committed to. Politics aside, I think it would look worse not having anyone show up after it was promoted we'd be there.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were handing out flyers at the Great Escape Theaters promoting the Movie. We weren't necessarily promoting the theater, but just the movie. I don't get some people. Like Mark said, we are not supposed to promote any event or company other than Star Wars related events and Lucasfilm itself.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handing out stuff for the theater or the movie is fine, thats (a small) part of why we're there. However it was made to sound to me that Rusty was telling places we'll be handing out stuff for anyplace that's "with" him, if you take my meaning. Hence my feeling that we're being treated like a marketing ploy: "Hey, support me and we'll have stormtroopers hand out your flier during the Clone Wars movie"
I could be wrong (wouldnt be the first time) and it could just be Rusty running his mouth (again, not the first time) but it was presented to me in such a way that it seemed like we weren't asked there to promote SW and the Clone Wars, but to promote Great Escapes and anyone that "sides" with their promotions.

For my part I'm hoping its more a case of double talk, misunderstanding and just general smoke blowing between them all than it is truthful.

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. The flyers we handed out last week were about the movie opening and the "Star Wars" events on Saturday. The only reference I saw to anyplace else was on the wall by the poster where there was reference to 2 comic book stores where merchandise is available. I suppose the flyer could be taken as we are supporting a certain theatre but I didn't have that feeling when I was there.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, why do some people (non-legion members) we do events for have to get all "dark side" - "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy"? Well, we just need to get out and tell people that we have no loyalties to anyone other than Lucasfilm. We need to stress that kind of thing.

I'm still going out to the Great Escape theater tonight simply because I told Rusty I would. Although, after Saturday's event, it might be a while before I go back there.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics are up on the centralbase site!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: