Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ad85eacdf9ae716ef47603935b764d6cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hasbro showing us some love
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skaught ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By that logic, though, you'd have to allow Stormtroopers since they were worn by rebels in disguise. Yes, Biggs is a rebel, but the costume isn't a rebel costume.

Scott
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:

The Twilek pilot Cesi "Doc" Eirriss, is from the Dark Horse comic series Empire. (Darklighter story arc)
She is part of the team that steals the X-Wings before the battle of Yavin. Regrettably, her ship is destroyed when her shield and hyperdrive are damaged in combat while aquiring droids for the ships.

Dorovio Bold was a Rebel Alliance X-wing starfighter pilot who participated in the Battle of Endor.
Bold was one of the best cadets at the Imperial Academy. However, she joined the Alliance after she learned of Alderaan's destruction. Dorovio Bold Info

HazardThree wrote:
Okay EVERYBODY has to buy Doc, just so that they'll make more Alien pilots!

Like these two alien pilots coming in 2009 Jon? Wink

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skaught wrote:
By that logic, though, you'd have to allow Stormtroopers since they were worn by rebels in disguise. Yes, Biggs is a rebel, but the costume isn't a rebel costume.

Scott

I am assuming, Scott, that you are addressing me with this statement. It is referenced, so it shouldn't be allowed? What about all those guys in the "Stealth Squadron" who wear black jumpsuits. Seems there has already been a concession made.

Out of curiosity, what if someone wanted to do Dendo Kapp*, the Devaronian commando who sported some TB armor?

He was mentioned in the X-Wing series, as well as being in the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron comics.

Am I understanding that it is a hardened fast rule that no Rebel costumer is allowed to have a costume that has "enemy parts" incorporated in the costume?

-Bill

Last edited by Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel) on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that as I have seen Luke and Han with stolen Stormtrooper belts and blasters.

That was in the movie and is allowed.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I have heard Costuming Judges say otherwise. Kind of a compromise with the 501st, so that is does away with any confusion as to whether it is Rebel or Imperial.

I was just curious how far the ruling went.

Thanks!

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han and Luke with Stormtrooper parts as they appeared in ANH post-trash compactor is allowed. In fact, there is a separate entry for a post-trash compactor Han Solo in the Costuming Standards.

Don't rely on rumors and speculation regarding club policies. It's all spelled out in the charter and standards check-lists, and if you have questions about anything, the relevant staff are easy to contact.

In the films, the only difference between Luke and Han in disguise and the rest of the Stormtroopers are the actors wearing the suits. For a costumer, that means that there is absolutely no difference between a Stormtrooper costumer in the 501st and a "Han in Stormtrooper disguise" costumer.
Skaught ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Wedge action figure in that set, though, he isn't wearing parts, but a complete Imperial costume. And he WAS an Imperial at the time. Yes, he decided to defect and become a rebel, but he WAS an Imperial TIE Pilot by choice initially. So I don't think a costume that depcits him in Imperial costume would make sense for the RL, since it's not a rebel costume.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Skaught -

I'm not sure if you were addressing my post or not. But to clarify about Tycho, the reference I was making was in the X-Wing book series, where it is written is that he was wearing a black flight suit. He was in the current service of the New Republic.

Like I said, in earlier books of the series, the Rogues had stolen some TIE Fighters, so it is possible that he was wearing one of those suits because it was a matter of convenience.

At any rate, I was curious if someone doing a Tycho Celchu (or any of the other Rogues) in the black flight suit if it was clearly defined that they were depicting characters from those scenes of the books.

- Bill
Skaught ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A black flight suit" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Did it describe the insignia, the helmet? I'm sure it didn't define him as an Imperial Pilot, like the action figure set does. As for the Rogues with stolen TIEs...well, since it's a fiction, so anything could be possible. Maybe they wore boxer shorts and nothing else! Very Happy I joke, but I think it illustrates my point. Unless it's clearly defined by official sources, we could make up anything, and it all falls under the category of "custom costumes" and shouldn't be official RL attire.

Scott
Blood Hawk (Terry Hodges)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tycho had on a black flight suit because he was in a TIE simulator...not that that has any merit or what not?
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... while I plan to get the Imperial Pilot Evolutions pack, and it is cool to see Biggs in TIE gear (and also they will have an online retailer selling an exclusive "pirate" TIE with a Hobbie, which is just the Biggs with the Comic Book 2 pack Hobbie head on it) AND while they would be considered Rebels, they are clearly wearing an Imperial Uniform.

Then again, if you do Biggs costuming and want to add it to your repetoire, knock yourself out. It just wouldn't be RL official. But really what does that mean? No LFL sanctioned events. Which honestly are few and far between. So follow your bliss.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey back to the original topic and resurrecting this thread.

Looks like Walmart got in the new A-wing exclusive for Black Friday!

The A-wing is very nice.

Crynd however is just a Tycho figure with new head and the actual A-wing helmet (held in his hand in the packaging). While the pictures on the package show him with the more accurate Tan spats, the actual figure has black. The paint scheme of the entire figure remains the same.

Good if you can grab it for the suggested $30 retail. Not great though.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rhyden (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramys Strael wrote:
Hey Skaught -

I'm not sure if you were addressing my post or not. But to clarify about Tycho, the reference I was making was in the X-Wing book series, where it is written is that he was wearing a black flight suit. He was in the current service of the New Republic.

Like I said, in earlier books of the series, the Rogues had stolen some TIE Fighters, so it is possible that he was wearing one of those suits because it was a matter of convenience.

At any rate, I was curious if someone doing a Tycho Celchu (or any of the other Rogues) in the black flight suit if it was clearly defined that they were depicting characters from those scenes of the books.

- Bill

Waaay waay late to reply with regards to Tycho. (Post edited because I finally found the passages that I remember talking about Tycho's flightsuit)

Corran shook the man’s hand hesitantly. The man wore a black flight suit with no name or rank insignia on it, though it have Hoth, Endor and Bakura battle tabs sewn on the left sleeve. “You know, you’re one hot hand in a TIE.”

Page 16, Chapter 1, X-Wing Rogue Squadron (Book 1)

Corran Horn saw the imperial flight instructor vectoring in on him as he entered the simulation chamber, but he didn’t slow or alter his course. He snapped the comlink into place inside the TIE pilot’s helmet and headed toward where the rest of the Rogues stood, dressed in black flight suits. Only Tycho looked natural in it – mainly because he’s always worn black and still had his Rebel battle tabs sewn on the flight suit.

That big, bright Coruscant one really has to gall the imps.

Page 218, Chapter 25, X-Wing Isard’s Revenge (Book Cool

Last edited by Rhyden (Andrea) on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rhyden (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Novahawk... do you happen to have some pictures (or links) to the A-wing for the benefit of those of us who are not States-side? Thanks!
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/3092

I picked mine up a few weeks ago. Glad I did too, 'cause I haven't seen them since. >>;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: