About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c951b7e5bcebcfd3397f834329ed5b0aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hasbro showing us some love
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Hasbro showing us some love Reply with quote

I came to the realization that all 3 of the new Pilot Legacy figure packs which came out today are all valid Rebel Legion pilot costumes.

OK, the Biggs as TIE pilot is questionable, but it is a well known Rebel pilot. Same way we would accept a Han or Luke in TK.

I think that is really cool.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, John, we don't accept Luke or Han in TK. There's been discussions about this recently.

So it follows that that Biggs costume wouldn't be accepted, either.

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? They changed that rule did they?

Well it is still Biggs, so I think it counts as far as Rebel figures from Hasbro go.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, I'm glad they are making more Rebel Pilot figures! Luke

Congratulations on finally getting your "mini-me" figure John! ROTF

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also coming out in 2008 and 2009 from Hasbro pilot related figures

- A new Battle Pack with Red Leader, an Astromech, a Ground Crewman, plus... the pilot tram! I know I'm getting that one.

- For Galactic Heroes they are coming out with a Jek Porkins (with General Dodanna).

- Wal-mart Exclusive Comic Book 2 pack of Nrin and Ibitsam in flight suits from Rogue Squadron.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Erjediik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And have you see the pics of CLEAN Y-Wings! They almost look good!!! schrik

Gotta get those figs either way!!
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always do the costume and not even submit it...just for the sake of doing it.
Skaught ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when Biggs wore the TIE pilot suit, he wasn't a rebel. He was an Imperial. It wasn't until he defected that he became a rebel, and he wasn't wearing the TIE suit anymore. So I don't think it would make sense for that suit to be RL.

Scott
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... he technically did wear the TIE suit just with a different all clear faceplate in the helmet. They also painted huge Rebel Logos on the wings too.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novahawk wrote:
No... he technically did wear the TIE suit just with a different all clear faceplate in the helmet. They also painted huge Rebel Logos on the wings too.

Well that settles it: the Biggs (open face) TIE pilot should be allowed in RL... provided you paint REALLY BIG rebel symbols on the side of your car; and drive around town in costme. Laughing

cyranodb wrote:
You could always do the costume and not even submit it...just for the sake of doing it.

What, and miss the chance to debate which group a specific costume varient belongs to? To be honest, I think what you said is a good idea! Thumbs up I'm (this) close to taking my unfinished TIE helmet over to a friend's (who works on armor) house and carve out the face-plate.

JdiXXL wrote:
Congratulations on finally getting your "mini-me" figure John!

Yeah, I'd have to custom paint a Hobbie figure's helmet to even come close to mine...you get your own 3-pack! And of course, the TRU we did a 1201 event at only had the other half of the two rebel pilot evolutions packs. I need more ORANGE!!!

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
AdamScottFM (Erich Shafer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novahawk wrote:

Actually, they noted in the "Darklighter" series that the faceshields *weren't* clear, but editorial decided to show the pilot's faces for both clarity and dramatic effect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, you can just do an informal black Stealth Pilot like some of us have... Wink

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skaught ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pilots set is called "Imperial Pilots", and it describes Biggs as an Imperial pilot in the text, so as far as that figure goes, it's an Imperial costume.

Scott
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Scott, not to sound all geeky but...

We all know Biggs had no intention to stay in the Imperial Fleet, he even went home to tell Luke that he planned to jump ship for the Rebels at the very first opportunity.

Not saying the Biggs TIE pilot figure is not an Imperial costume it is, but we Rebels know in our hearts where his true intentions lay!

― Wedge Antilles
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading the X-Wing series, Isard's revenge currently. Most of Rogue Squadron wears the orange jumpsuit, while Corran wears his "dark green flight suit"* from his CorSec days.

Tycho Celchu was mentioned to have been wearing a "black flight suit"**. Now it didn't say if it was an Imp jumpsuit or not. But it stands to reason that it was, since the Rogues did manage to steal some TIEs from Warlord Zsinj.

* X-Wing: Isard's Revenge pg 125

** X-Wing: Isard's Revenge pg 168

Just thought I would throw that out there.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: