About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1c9265279021a4e4497720ea7e0ab254Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

UPDATE-Pottery Barn Kids Event- 2 Locations in Maryland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: UPDATE-Pottery Barn Kids Event- 2 Locations in Maryland
Event starting Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:00 pm for 2 hours

Update- According to our LCO it is possible that this event is rescheduled for Sept. 13th at 12 noon-2:00pm. This is still not yet definite, more to follow.

Fellow Terps-

We have a Legion wide formal event coming our way from Pottery Barn Kids. The info is below from our fearless LCO-

Mark Fordham wrote:
PBK just called and two of their products are delayed, so they need to move our in-store appearances back. The primary date is now Sept 13th. That is still a Saturday, and the events are still noon to 2pm. If our 501st unit can't troop a store on the 13th, we will try to set it up for the 20th or the 27th (both Saturdays as well). So I'll still need to give you dates once we've confirmed them ourselves.

US and Canadian COs:

I don't have a lot of information yet about this b/c I am still waiting on the email from Mark Fordham. I've got some info from Mary Franklin and from the CO out here in Bloodfin Garrison, but I need to let the COs know that this is coming and to start to prepare for it just in case.

Quote:
We have been requested to do a 2hr meet-n-greet at the Pottery Barn for Kids stores in North America to help them launch their new line of Star Wars merchandise. They are requesting 2 bad guys (Vader and a stormtrooper) and two good guys (one of which will come from the Rebel Legion and one of which will come from the Jedi Assembly). Where an RL or JA member cannot be provided by their clubs, a 501st member with a good guy costume may substitute. Where a stormtrooper is not available, an Imperial officer or other Imperial costume may be substituted.

They would like to do as many stores as possible on the 23rd of August. If we cannot troop a store on the 23rd, they would like them done on the earliest Saturday possible in September. [The 501st has] the difficulty of providing a Vader for each event, so we will set the date according to [their] availability, and then notify the RL and JA of the confirmed appearance date. Please refer to the Excel spreadsheet below for locations and other info. NOTE: the first 10 stores on the spreadsheet are the highest priority and least flexible so far as the date is concerned. The next 20 (in orange) are the next highest priority. The remainder simply need to be done when we can do them (by the end of September).

YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL STORE. The corporate office is doing this for you. Once they have made the appropriate notifications, I’ll let you know that you are at liberty to contact your local store. They will be doing pre-advertisements regarding your appearance, and will be providing you with things to hand out to the kids. Their target age group is 6-8 year olds, so you shouldn’t have that many (if any) teenagers.

This is a very nice, short, and easy event that can provide great contacts and exposure for the future. Please make your best effort to make this happen. If for some reason you cannot provide a Vader and/or other Imperial, please contact me ASAP. If you cannot troop the high priority stores on the 23rd, please contact me ASAP.

One final note, they are looking into bringing in an R2 unit for some of these appearances. That may or may nor happen.

- If you have a location in the first 10 of the spread sheet, it is a HIGH priority, and you need to be able to do it August 23rd, noon to 2pm.
- if you have a location in the yellowed in area (next 20 stores), they are a MEDIUM priority, and we should make our best effort to try to do them on August 30th, noon to 2pm.
- all of the stores below the yellow are LOW priority. That shouldn't be read as completely optional. They are simply stores that can be done anytime in September (though sooner is better than later in the month). If you can knock these stores out on the 23rd of August, please do. If you can't (but can get them in September) awesome.

These are all the stores listed:

Palo Alto - Stanford Center PALO ALTO CA 94304
Village at Corte Madera CORTE MADERA CA 94925
Los Angeles - The Grove LOS ANGELES CA 90036
Orlando - Mall at Millenia ORLANDO FL 32839 Mark Bradley (X-Wing)
Atlanta - Lenox Square ATLANTA GA 30326
Chicago - Market Square CHICAGO IL 60614 COVERED
Short Hills Mall SHORT HILLS NJ 07078
New York - 69th And 2nd Ave NEW YORK NY 10021
Toronto - Bloor Street TORONTO ON M5S 1M4
Bellevue - Bellevue Square BELLEVUE WA 98004

Birmingham - The Summit BIRMINGHAM AL 35243
Scottsdale Fashion Sqaure SCOTTSDALE AZ 85251
Sacramento - Arden Fair SACRAMENTO CA 95815
Costa Mesa - South Coast Plaza COSTA MESA CA 92626
Littleton - Park Meadows LITTLETON CO 80124
Merrick Park CORAL GABLES FL 33146
Alpharetta - Northpoint ALPHARETTA GA 30022
Deer Park Town Center DEER PARK IL 60010
Indianapolis - Fashion Mall INDIANAPOLIS IN 46240 COVERED
Leawood Town Center Plaza LEAWOOD KS 66209
Atrium at Chestnut Hill CHESTNUT HILL MA 02467
Shrewsbury - Grove West SHREWSBURY NJ 07702
Las Vegas - Rampart Commons LAS VEGAS NV 89145
Columbus - Easton COLUMBUS OH 43219
Toronto - Yorkdale TORONTO ON M6A 2T9
King of Prussia Mall KING OF PRUSSIA PA 19406
Houston - Highland Village HOUSTON TX 77027
Dallas - Knox Street DALLAS TX 75205
McLean - Tysons Corner MCLEAN VA 22102
Seattle - University Village SEATTLE WA 98105

Chandler Fashion Square CHANDLER AZ 85226
Santa Clara - Valley Fair SANTA CLARA CA 95050
Walnut Creek - The Corners WALNUT CREEK CA 94596
Galleria at Roseville ROSEVILLE CA 95678
Manhattan Beach MANHATTAN BEACH CA 90266
San Diego - Univ Town Center SAN DIEGO CA 92122
Pleasanton - Stonerigde PLEASANTON CA 94588
Mission Viejo MISSION VIEJO CA 92691
South Lake Shops PASADENA CA 91101
Colorado Springs - Briargate COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80920
Broomfield - Flat Iron BROOMFIELD CO 80021
Farmington - Westfarms Mall FARMINGTON CT 06032
Newark - Christiana Mall NEWARK DE 19702
Palm Beach Gardens PALM BEACH GARDENS FL 33410
Tampa - Old Hyde Park TAMPA FL 33606
Jacksonville - St Johns JACKSONVILLE FL 32246
Norcross - Peachtree NORCROSS GA 30092
W Des Moines - Jordan Creek WEST DES MOINES IA 50266
Oakbrook Center Mall OAKBROOK IL 60523
Skokie - Old Orchard SKOKIE IL 60077
Louisville - Oxmoor Mall LOUISVILLE KY 40222
Metarie - Lakeside Mall METARIE LA 70002
Burlington Mall BURLINGTON MA 01803
Natick West NATICK MA 01760
North Bethesda - White Flint NORTH BETHESDA MD 20895
Annapolis Mall ANNAPOLIS MD 21401
Troy - Somerset Collection TROY MI 48084
Edina Galleria EDINA MN 55435
Maple Grove - Arborlakes MAPLE GROVE MN 55369
St. Louis Galleria ST LOUIS MO 63117
Kansas City - Country Club KANSAS CITY MO 64112
Chesterfield Mall CHESTERFIELD MO 63017
Raleigh - Triangle Town Center RALEIGH NC 27616
Durham - Streets at Southpoint DURHAM NC 27713
Charlotte - South Park CHARLOTTE NC 28211
Omaha - Regency Court OMAHA NE 68114
Hackensack - Riverside Square HACKENSACK NJ 07601
Marlton - Promenade MARLTON NJ 08053
Princeton - Market Fair PRINCETON NJ 08540
Garden City - Roosevelt GARDEN CITY NY 11530
Buffalo - Walden Galleria CHEEKTOWAGA NY 14225
Albany - Crossgates Mall ALBANY NY 12203
Syracuse - Carousel Center SYRACUSE NY 13290
Victor - Eastview Mall VICTOR NY 14564
White Plains - Westchester WHITE PLAINS NY 10601
Cincinnati - Kenwood CINCINNATI OH 45236
Columbus - Polaris COLUMBUS OH 43240
Beachwood - La Place BEACHWOOD OH 44122
Oklahoma City - Penn Square OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73118
Tulsa - Utica Square TULSA OK 74114
Toronto - Sherway Gardens TORONTO ON M9C-1B8
Tigard - Washington Square TIGARD OR 97223
Pittsburgh - Mt. Lebonon PITTSBURGH PA 15228
Providence Place PROVIDENCE RI 02903
Nashville - Green Hills NASHVILLE TN 37215
San Antonio - North Star SAN ANTONIO TX 78216
Austin - Barton Creek Square AUSTIN TX 78746
Woodlands Mall THE WOODLANDS TX 77380
Frisco - Stonebriar Center FRISCO TX 75034
Salt Lake City - Trolley Square SALT LAKE CITY UT 84102
Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall FAIRFAX VA 22033
Richmond - Short Pump RICHMOND VA 23233
Wauwatosa - Mayfair Mall WAUWATOSA WI 53226

Like I said, this is all I've got so far, and I'll have more info as I get it. If you've got a store listed in the first part (Gregor, Beth J, Beth S, Mary Alice, Justin Monk, Randy) try to get it organized just in case, and I'll post when I hear more.

Keep in mind that the tentative date for this is now September 13th. I will update as I hear more from Legion Command.

Last edited by Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett) on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also have the Walk with Isaac for Osteogenesis Imperfecta on the the 13th of September and I will be attending this. The Pottery Barn event is only asking for one member from Terrapin for each of the two locations. Can anyone commit to the Pottery Barn locations?
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'll be working Ren Fest.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: