About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e0292e27cdeb5ab75f912ffac9fe2d2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it over here Eugene. You've got one nice looking Anakin costume there! I'm glad we are getting more members up in Sacramento too! And it's great to have someone who has become skilled at making props in our base Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Eugene. I'm glad you were finally able to finish your costume and join us!

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. My father raised me on science fiction, turning me into the nerd equivalent of a crackbaby.

I'm in the progress of making a kit of Mando armor ('Eyayah', is a Mando name) and I kinda got the notion of making a Twi'lek outfit. Probably a smuggler or jedi outfit, not a skimpy slave girl thing.

Heh, if I got the courage to make a custom bucket, I could do a Twi'lek Mando.

I *was* a rather nice Zabrak for Halloween, but no one took pics. Sad
*is currently getting her mando kit together*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Eyayah Orar - I hope you have fun with your Mandalorian armor kit. Have you joined the Dented Helmet? I think that's the club with all of the experts on Mandalorian armor and they should have a lot of helpful tips. I don't think those are Rebel Legion approved costumes though, I guess because they are mostly seen as 'bad guys'. Twi'leks are right up the Rebel Legion's ally though - so long as they are not Sith Wink

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Eyayah Orar ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Welcome Eyayah Orar - I hope you have fun with your Mandalorian armor kit. Have you joined the Dented Helmet?

Nope, I'm a verd'ika off the Mercs forums... where the custom mandos hang. They are, in fact, a fantastic group of human beings. And other assorted humanoids.

Quote:
I think that's the club with all of the experts on Mandalorian armor and they should have a lot of helpful tips. I don't think those are Rebel Legion approved costumes though, I guess because they are mostly seen as 'bad guys'. Twi'leks are right up the Rebel Legion's ally though - so long as they are not Sith Wink

And that's why my Twi will be a jedi or a smuggler... I'm thinking of basing her off a char I played in an rp many moons ago.

My goal is to have a Mando Mercs outfit, a Rebel outfit, and a 501st costume (probably starting with a Naval Lieutenant, since it's all sewing... but some day, I want to be an ARC trooper!)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want your Twi-lek to be a "formal" level Rebel Legion costume which would get you to be a full member, I think it would need to be a Jedi. I suspect that unless there is a documented Twi'lek smuggler you are replicating from expanded universe, that would be an informal costume and all new Rebel Legion applicants need their first costume to be formal. Then we can add fun creative 'informal' costumes to our profiles.

I guess that's my way of suggesting you should do a Jedi Twi'lek Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Quinlan Vos (Myke Soler)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ner Vod! I,ve often thought of doing a EU Mando'a like Kal Skirata or Rav Balor. It'll just take time & $$$, however, the latter doesn't come around as often as I would like.
Jedi Diver
501st - TK8476
www.facebook.com/jedi.diver
Eyayah Orar ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks. I can sew Jedi gear. Plus, I like shiny things, and lightsabers are about as shiny as it gets in the SW universe.

Quin, come to the neutral mercenary side, we have better medical! (Never heard of a Mando woman dying of a broken heart Razz )
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if she's currently accepted, or if she would be accepted for Rebel Legion membership, but Mission Vao is another Twi'lek besides the Jedi who doesn't wear a skimpy slave outfit. If I remember correctly, she teams up with the heros in Knights of the Old Republic, and isn't a "badguy" type of character.

Pam :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Mish! I less than three the KotOR games.

If I were to work up a KotOR costume though, I'd have to go with Mira. I have the hair, and a jacket that could work.
doc123 ()

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey this is doc from the itunes podcast: Heroes of Science Fiction and Fantasy, episode 24 features 2 interviews from Rebel Legion. For a quick link to itunes or just to listen at your computer www.heroesofsciencefictionandfantasy.com voicemail 1-206-333-1297 p.s. thanks again for taking the time, and keep up the great work. See you at Wondercon 2009.
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys.

So I'm Liz, and I've been in the RL for a few years now, down in South Orange County.

But I'm transferring to San Jose State this year, so I will be moving up there next week, which means I get to hang out with you fine people now!

I have 4 costumes (Jedi, Rebel Fleet Trooper, X-Wing Pilot, Endor Trooper), but I think I'm only bringing up my pilot to start with (I was going to not bring anything, at least until I came back home for Thanksgiving, but there are events I could do in the meantime, so why not).

So thats my story. My class load is looking kind of insane right now, so I might not as active as I was, but I'm looking forward to trooping with you guys. Smile

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liz! Welcome to Endor Base. You have a lot of great costumes. Watch out, you may end up getting recruited for one of these Pottery Barn events that we're trying to fill with rebels. Very Happy

I live in the central valley, but hopefully I'll get to meet you at one of the future events.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liz! I'm glad you are bringing up at least one costume - for emergency event purposes - haha. (Trust me Tina, I already hit her up about the Pottery Barn events) I understand how school can be though, that's your priority for sure. But hopefully we'll see you at an event some time!

Oh - and Doc - thanks for posting the podcast. I'd forgotten about it!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
corran_r9 ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Intro! Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm Tom. I just joined the forums the other day. I'm from Alaska. Well, the reason I joined is kind of sideways. Lemme explain, it'll make sense. I just got back from the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas. While I was there I saw some really great costumes people had. While I love Star Trek. Star Wars is my first love. One of my first memories as a child was sneaking out to watch TV while everyone was sleeping. I just happened to see Star Wars: A New Hope. I talked about this with my dad , and as far as he can figure, I was about 3 years old at the time. I'm 27 now. Anyways, when I returned from Vegas,I started looking around for costumes, and came across this site and a few others. I would love to have a Jedi costume, but I have no creative ability. I know I can't sew Razz I do have one question. Its not very clear from what I read. If I was to have a costume made for myself , would I still be able to join the Rebel Legion as a full member? As long as it meet the requirements? I think the whole idea behind the Rebel Legion is wonderful. I would love to be apart of it. I especially like the idea of volunteering. Glad to be hear, look forward to whats to come Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: