About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=81b7190c47c133302e9efe1a873bd843Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Squadron Name Final Vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not recall Aurara being ahead myself... but that hardly matters... I'm guessing we need a more accurate way to vote... so what I'll do it get that list of Eligable voters and just have each of them post their choice... this will make it easier to identify the results and who votes......

I'll lock this up and start something new shortly...

or maybe I won't... seems I can't do that... lol
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoneon wrote:
so what you are saying if and when it gets up and running i still cant join

I am afraid so. The Alberta members chose to split off from the rest of Canada.

I see a new "final" vote was started even though nobody actually asked for it. I had put the question to the eligible members on if they even wanted a new vote . I guess that decision was taken away from them.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John... A new final vote is required... nothing was decided... and everyone, including you, did not know the actual result... though making up a result was clever Wink ...

Point is, I am trying to resolve the issue quickly and proper (I hope)... a "vote" to decide if we need a new vote is silly... and the charter apparently stated (not in these words of course) that only the Canadian Base members could be part of the Canadian Base Squadron, and they must have completed or nearly completed a Pilot costume... so I made the list of eligible voters based on that... If anyone has an issue with this, a pm to me about it would be better then sarcasm or speculation... and I would go to the Powers of RL and they'll set me straight...

Neither Justin or I are trying to dictate or control anything... by creating a fresh vote that is clear, fair and exact should be proof of that...

I hope that reads well... cause I suck at posting.. lol ... no offense to anyone is intended...
thoneon (chris)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ow man im so lonely here in alberta
Serving the province of Alberta Canada
MTFBWY
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLSC XO here ... just to clear a few things up from the RLSC Charter. I've only posted the pertinent parts:

1) ARTICLE VI, REGULATION 1 - "Squadron Formation" - A Base needs at least 3 formal costumed members who agree on the Squadron name to formally request Squadron status... (This means only CANADIAN BASE pilots can be members of the Canadian Base Squadron.)

2) ARTICLE VI, REGULATION 4A - "Unit Designation" - ... Voting for a Unit Designation will be limited to those Base members who own a Pilot costume. This is in effect because it is the pilots who have to "wear" the name, therefore it should be chosen by them. HOWEVER, should the Base have "Pilots-In-The-Pipeline" (meaning actively working on the costume and close to completion), the completed pilots and (not or) Base command can choose to allow those particular RL members to vote as well since the end decision will affect them also.)

If you really want to, I can set up a poll in the Pilots Forum, but I'd rather see it handled here. I do suggest however that a brand new voting thread be created with just these two choices, and any non-eligible votes be removed ASAP.

IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:

If you really want to, I can set up a poll in the Pilots Forum, but I'd rather see it handled here.

I can set it up here if the Base command staff chooses to.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:

If you really want to, I can set up a poll in the Pilots Forum, but I'd rather see it handled here. I do suggest however that a brand new voting thread be created with just these two choices, and any non-eligible votes be removed ASAP.

Already started... though I do not feel the use of an actual "Poll" is needed... hence I didn't use it... Squadron Name - Qualified Voters Vote!...

Thanks for the posts and offers to help... but maybe give us the chance to work it out ourselves?... Big help for me would be to get the XO forum privileges... so I can edit out and maybe sticky important threads used for voting and such... Thanks... Smile
darth_haggis (Stephen Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything in the RLSC Charter that says the Squadron cannot cover or be shared by two bases? (So Outrider and Canadian Bases can have one Squadron until there are enough members to cover both areas equally.)

Flight Officer Mahon "Bruin" Kel'Vannon
Hazard Four

On assignment to Outrider Base
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can certainly accept Outrider members as honorary Squadron members. I am a member of Echo Base Hawkbats (Hawkbat Zed), but it is a non-voting membership.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Base = One Squadron

and yes, Honorary Squadron Members are allowed however the Squadron wants to set it up. In Hazard Squadron, HM have to actively serve locally (in pilot gear) for at least 2 months to qualify. (ie. Marty from Echo Base). The only other way to get Hazard HM status for us is by full squadron vote.

But like I said, Squadrons can create their own policies & procedures regarding Honorary status.

Rogue Solo (Marty Richau)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00t Hazards! Cool

thoneon (chris)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so there is a possibility than
Serving the province of Alberta Canada
MTFBWY
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoneon wrote:
ok so there is a possibility than

You can be a honorary member, but again, it's a non-voting membership.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: