About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e1bba011b555e53de2f5a34c66832a36Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Looking for Naboo Starfighter photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Looking for Naboo Starfighter photos Reply with quote

My mom apparently bought me a sewing machine, so my first project I want to tackle when I get home from Europe is an Episode 1 Naboo pilot. I'm starting to collect resources and information, but having a bummer time trying to find good pictures. Anyone want to help me out?

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Naboo Starfighter photos Reply with quote

Miana wrote:
My mom apparently bought me a sewing machine, so my first project I want to tackle when I get home from Europe is an Episode 1 Naboo pilot. I'm starting to collect resources and information, but having a bummer time trying to find good pictures. Anyone want to help me out?

OK - I have a problem with this young lady....

1. You are in Europe??? And you didnt tell anyone??? I hope you call in for a cup of tea at least if you are in the UK???!!!! Mad Razz hugs
Where are you heading or where have you been?? We love our visitors and would willingly show you the sights of the UK if you are nearby?? Remember - you are RL family and always welcome!

2. Ive seen I think 2 or 3 Ep1 pilots here, but one of my base members would Im sure gladly help you out with pictures and tips - he did a lot of research for his Naboo...PM him for more....
http://rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=2195

Enjoy your trip! Very Happy

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I could find regarding this costume. My only other suggestion would be to take some stills of Episode I.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jase, I'm studying in Prague for 4 months in the fall. I think I'm only going to be in London for like 2 days, and even then, I only have like one evening off, which I'm spending with Fan ForceUK. I won't know until the date gets closer, though. Very Happy

And thanks for the photos! I've found most of those; the thing I'm trying to get a good look at is the harness and the boots. I'll try some still and see how much I can doctor up the light on them.

Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's easy! Looking at the open-coat pilot picture, you can see most of the detail pieces.

The harness is a flag carrier with pouches attached. I'm not sure of the exact brand, but it is web in construction and has a brown sheath sewn around it. The main frog is removed to allow pouch placement. There is also a true belt added to it, which is probably hooked around the back.

The two pouches on the right side look like Vietnam-era aid kit pouches.

The one in the center, which replaces the flag frog, appears to be another type of military pouch, but I can't see too much of it. It is possibly a grenade pouch, but I could be mistaken. (just don't have the grenade in it.)

Finally, the pouch on the left side appears to be a Vietnam-era pistol magazine holder.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*liebe*

Thanks!!

edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs Rachel - enjoy London and say a big hi to Matt Lord Tice when you meet the London FF guys!

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So foxbatkllr and I came up with a genius plan last night while digging through all the costume books looking for photos.

The pilot boots are exactly the same as some of the Naboo security. Namely, Panaka and Typho.

So all I have to do is go steal Jay Laga'aia's boots. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: