Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=08bb9eb0514c197d71fa46ea79a2d72eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Walk with Isaac 2008 at Ripken Stadium Sept. 13th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Walk with Isaac 2008 at Ripken Stadium Sept. 13th
Event starting Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 pm for 5 hours

Rebels-

We've been asked to attend the 2008 Walk with Isaac to support research for a cure for Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a brittle bone disease. Information regarding the appearance request is below:

My wife and 3 year old son have the brittle bone disease Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Heidi has had dozens of breaks and fractures throughout her life and Isaac has been blessed enough to only have a few so far. They both have the mildest form of the disease.

My wife, Heidi and I started Walk with Isaac in 2007 to raise money in the search for a cure. We walk around the warning track @ Ripken Stadium (a minor league team\'s stadium owned by Cal Ripken Jr.) and have auctions, face painting, moon bounce and other family oriented events. Isaac is a huge Star Wars fan (his dad likes it a little bit too). You can learn more at www.oif.org and check out our video from last year\'s walk at http://youtube.com/watch?v=ezvcDt9wO-E We would love to have any and all of the characters come out and walk. Vader is Isaac\'s favorite. He likes the original trilogy more than Episodes 1-3.
How did you hear about us? : 501st website

I think this is a remarkably worthwhile event. Since Mr. Wright is asking for some specific face characters I am going to contact a couple of our neighboring bases to see if they would like to be involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

Which face characters have been requested? I will have my AOTC Anakin done before then.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, guess I forgot to copy and paste that part Embarassed

Characters Requested:

Number of characters requested: : As many as interested
Rebel Pilots : Rebel Pilots
Rebel Troopers : Rebel Troopers
Jedi : Jedi
Droids : Droids
Royalty : Royalty
Other : Other
Please list additional and/or specific character requests. In addition, besides the "good guy" characters, we also have access to Imperial "bad guy" characters through our sister group, the 501st Stormtrooper Legion. If you\'d like a mix, please let us know that as well: : Isaac likes:
Vader
Han
Luke
Boba
Chewy
and everyone else, even minor characters (we feed his obsession)

I think anyone that can come out will be welcome, so if you have an Anakin done by then, by all means, come out and show it off.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'll be working faire. Crying or Very sad
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in coming up for this, but I will have to see where gas prices are come september, that and see how much Dragoncon digs into me.

But this sounds more than worth a 3 hour drive Cool

Just as long as it doesn't cost $6.00 a gallon and an arm and a leg hotel stay to get up there n back.

https://www.facebook.com/RL.FreedomBase.ObiWan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I know gas prices are a pain and only getting worse. Keep me posted and I'll keep an eye out for any hotel deals in the area.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we will not actually be walking, I should be able to attend in my Anakin.
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on my Uncle Sam and work schedule I might be able to attend this. Will know more in the August Time frame...

Gotta love the military and the wacky nurse schedules! *smirks*

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." - Unknown

Official "Suck the fun out of an event and the forums" Liaison - Jedi-G
Sensei Mustafar (Leo Dorsey)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll work on getting my guys to help with this one as well. I'll keep you posted on the Guardians schedule.

Sensei Mustafar
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this event? I'm having trouble getting on my OLG forum account.

Thanks!

~ Bill C.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event is still on schedule. Mr. Wright is very excited to have us there and has put out some flyers mentioning Star Wars characters being at the event. He realizes that we may have some difficulty getting the exact characters he mentioned originally so anyone that can come out is most welcome.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that wish to attend this event here are the updates from Mr. Wright, Isaac's father and the event coordinator:

We've listed you guys on the schedule brochure and tee-shirts and I mentioned you when I was on the Ed Norris show. I hope that is okay. We also put your logos & links on our webpage, which you can access here.
http://65.54.224.250/cgi-bin/getmsg/TR.htm?&msg=F6BCD121-05F5-4599-94A6-810062E3572A&start=0&len=59012&mimepart=5&curmbox=B74DA4C2-06BF-4CF3-A73D-F9A9641A88E1&b=193b02316b94520c19b80e7d0b6a9dcc&disk=10.1.106.205_d1250&login=raevenblade&domain=hotmail%2ecom&_lang=EN&country=US&SafeRedirect=%26hm___ts%3d1220766819%26hm___ha%3db940997a1572bdf286c0e03301069b54

Do we have any idea yet as to who is coming as which characters or at what times? I will be at the stadium around 5am and the registration for walkers begins at 8am. The walk it self starts at 10ish and ends at 1pm.

We will have a spot set up for pictures and if you want to do lightsaber demonstrations, or anything of that nature. Please let me know & I will make sure there is a time set for that. Also, If anyone wants to be in on the first lap of walking with Isaac, he would love that.

Finally, we are having a thank you cook-out for volunteers & sponsors at our house after the walk and anyone that comes out from Terrapin Base or Old Line Garrison is more than welcome to join us.

My address is:

328 Regal Drive
Abingdon, MD 21009

Thanks again guys, we are getting excited now and I know that you being there has been a big draw!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: