About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3a75998cdf071ac12fcb21504293e347Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Geppi's Museum June 14th
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Geppi's Museum June 14th
Event starting Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:00 pm for 3 hours

Greetings All-

The Geppi Entertainment Museum would like to have us back for a new exhibit they plan on launching in June. See details below and let me know if you can make it so I can make sure GEM can accomodate us with parking.

Geppi’s Entertainment Museum will be opening a new exhibit on Saturday June 14th titled, OUT OF THE BOX. We will have a carnival like feel to the event and would like to have some Characters here at the museum. We would like you to be in costume from 1-4pm. We will provide parking for anyone that comes in that day; however we will need to know their names in order to tell the parking attendants. We would like to request the following Characters: Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Storm Troopers and any other unique character. We will advertise this in the Examiner as well as on our website and on the various radio stations that we regularly advertise – WLIF 101.9 and MIX 106.5

I look forward to hearing from you and working with you on this great event.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am able to attend this event as AOTC Padme(the white battle version). I will def confirm in a few days.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to attend as well with my AOTC Anakin.
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to attend this event in my Slave Leia (providing it's allowed and it's WARM enough, not raining or what have you... Razz)

If Slave Leia isn't allowed, I should be able to come in my Mara Jade....

Hum... little clothing, or skin tight clothing... *smirks*

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." - Unknown

Official "Suck the fun out of an event and the forums" Liaison - Jedi-G
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in Florida, but I'm sure I'll be thinking of you all while on the rides Laughing
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seeing as this is a family event, I don't think the Slave Leia would be appropriate, not to mention, the last time I checked, it has not been approved as I would be the one doing the approval Wink I know Craig could do a temp approval on the Slave Leia but I don't think he is going to be there. Usually, for family events, Slave Leia is not welcomed unless the organizers are aware ahead of time(and this is kinda short notice) Amadalia
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becca is correct. I can approve temporarily a Slave Leia but I would say no for Geppi's. Mara is perfectly suitable though. I was planning on attending until I thoroughly annihilated my Jedi pants at the last event and need to do some major repairs that I doubt will be complete by next weekend.

If my Jedi is whole once again by the 14th I'll be there but cannot guarantee it.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Craig, you could always get some Dockers as a temp fix and to boost our Rebel numbers Wink Any 501sters going to be there?
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Good idea.

I haven't heard anything from Bryan yet about how many (if any) Imps will be attending. I'll track down some Dockers and should be good to go.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like OLG has about 5 to 6 showing up so we should have a decent crew of people there from both sides.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pants!?!? WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR PANTS!?!?! *sob* Wink

Could you bring them by sometime this week?

*sobohpoorinnocentlinensob* Wink Wink
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have Heidi bring them Thursday, I split them real good-like.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atragian Kace wrote:
Becca is correct. I can approve temporarily a Slave Leia but I would say no for Geppi's. Mara is perfectly suitable though. I was planning on attending until I thoroughly annihilated my Jedi pants at the last event and need to do some major repairs that I doubt will be complete by next weekend.

If my Jedi is whole once again by the 14th I'll be there but cannot guarantee it.

I understand that Geppie's is a "Family" event, and will respect my CO's wishes and just ware Mara.

princessleia911 wrote:
Well, seeing as this is a family event, I don't think the Slave Leia would be appropriate, not to mention, the last time I checked, it has not been approved as I would be the one doing the approval Wink I know Craig could do a temp approval on the Slave Leia but I don't think he is going to be there. Usually, for family events, Slave Leia is not welcomed unless the organizers are aware ahead of time(and this is kinda short notice) Amadalia

Okay... Geppie's is a "family" event... but correct me if I'm wrong... but wasn't ROTJ considered a "Family Movie"? I know my Dad took me to the Theater to see it... Slave Leia Costume and all! Razz

Besides, you see worse/less at the beach! *smriks*

However, correct me if I'm wrong... but did not someone ware a Slave Leia to the first Geppie's Event which was also done by 501st and Rebel Legion?

Just curious... Razz

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." - Unknown

Official "Suck the fun out of an event and the forums" Liaison - Jedi-G
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempest wrote:
Okay... Geppie's is a "family" event... but correct me if I'm wrong... but wasn't ROTJ considered a "Family Movie"? I know my Dad took me to the Theater to see it... Slave Leia Costume and all! Razz

Besides, you see worse/less at the beach! *smriks*

However, correct me if I'm wrong... but did not someone ware a Slave Leia to the first Geppie's Event which was also done by 501st and Rebel Legion?

Just curious... Razz

Very true about ROTJ, I saw it in the theaters when I was 6 with my grandmother. However, it is one thing to see it on the big screen in 2D but quite another to see it in person with all the possibilities of bad angles and costume malfunctions(which I personally experience everytime there are more than 5 Slave Leias around).

Again, true about the beach but hopefully at a "family" event, things are a bit more controlled and appropriate.

The first Geppi's event was almost a year ago, for the opening of the SW 30th Anniversary exhibit and it was a Gala. Terrapin Base was not invited, only the OLG until I was able to meet Thomas Atkinson, who donated 90% of the merchandise for the exhibit, at CIV and he contacted me when we returned to invite us to the Gala on 6/20/2007. I was only the XO at the time but there was no Slave Leia there. Here are some pics from that event: http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/princessleia911/Terrapin%20Base%20Events/62007-SW%20Exhibit%20Opening/?start=all

As I can recall, we have had 0 Slave Leias at any of the events since we have had at Geppi's Amadalia
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish J and I could go. J is busy that day helping my brother though.

Oh, and I totally get the family thing and no Slave Leia. When we did the autism walk in Providence, I wore Slave Leia. While we were walking to the tent, wardrobe malfunction. The skirt started to fall off! Thankfully I caught it without showing my booty, fixed and re-enforced it Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: