Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4b271c47509e4789690ecff3602eb66cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Malakili

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barn ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Malakili Reply with quote

I've been looking and cant find anyone registered with a Malakili (jabba's rancor keeper) costume.

I'm assuming this costume would be fine for the RL (as he isnt imperial in anyway).

Anyone have any information on someone who may have done this costume?

Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should think that this would be a 501st costume, under the status of "Denizen of the Empire". I only say that because the original general rule that determined Imperial versus Rebel costumes depended on which side that costume character aligned itself with, specifically which side was the same costume character in relation to the heroes of the Star Wars universe. In other words, the original school of thought was that is the character did harm to any of the heroes, then it was by default a 501st costume. The Rancor Keeper is a minion of Jabba. Jabba attempted to do harm to the heroes. So, by proxy, this costume shouldn't even be a Rebel Legion costume, in my opinion.

But then again, I am not an authority on the subject. After all, the Rebel Legion has seen fit to incorporate Tuskens and Wampas into their fold, even though both clearly beat the stuffings out of Luke!

Just my two credits work on the subject.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyasha ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an approved Rancor keeper in the Great Lakes Garrison--first one in the 501st actually--and he is indeed listed as a denizen. He's our ever-lovely Shimko. He doesn't have his pics uploaded yet, but I'm sure he could help you out with anything you need. Very Happy
Snowman (Rob Howes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine did it one day for Celebration IV.

Barn ()

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Smile

Malakili is actually a slave of Jabba's (just like Oola, and we have a few of those) so im still not sure where that sits. I have nothing against the 501st, just would prefer to keep all my costumes here Razz
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you read his story in Tales of Jabba's Palace...

Yeah it's confusing to be sure.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: