About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=08fe4979b6f3962d89cae0ac5f62ef75Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel donut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touched by the Dark Side a bit, are we Lori? Mr. Green

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Preston ()

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tempted she was, but strong she is with the light." Yoda
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Preston wrote:
Ouch, yeah, since I'm a newbie, I have a right to ask questions. Rolling Eyes I know that in the movies, there were no comm boxes on the donuts. I was just asking out of curiosity. Rolling Eyes I know that your not to customize these helmets. I am ordering 2 donut kits, and just wanted to know if anyone had. Sorry for not being cannon. Bang Head

*puts on Rebel Trooper Legion Costuming Judge hat*

Just a reminder that, since you are not a full Rebel Legion member yet, the first costume you submit for membership must be a FORMAL one (e.g., meets the standard requirements for a FORMAL costume). This is one of the new parts of the Charter we adopted in the last election. Once you submit and get accepted with a FORMAL costume, then you can make as many informal ones as you want.

I think Lori was trying to steer you towards the accepted standards because you stated you were a "newbie" and asked for advice. If you submit a customized Endor Trooper for your first costume, it will be declined.

*takes off Rebel Trooper Legion Costuming Judge hat*

Also, because we see troopers in groups, it's best to stick to those details that will make you look like part of the "team". If the base you are going to apply to has some Endor Troopers, then it would be a good idea to ask them about their costumes and try to make yours similar.

Here's an example:

Even though the Ra Kura helmets are a different shade of green from the Sunrider ones, we still look pretty cool as a group. This was taken at Celebration IV last year, one of those rare opportunities where bases from opposite sides of the US can get a great group shot. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture! Cool
JediZabrak (Lloyd Mira-Fuentes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
lol...
and being a diplomat..
I have both colors...

Very Happy

Me too. (I have something special planned concerning both colors at the next Celebration) Razz

Hey Preston, check us out at: http://www.sunriderbase.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=f0563e3cd34cc5927fb85b1c6f269f23 & http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/endorbunker/ You will find a wealth of info. at those 2 bunkers. Smile Here's a link to some good donut spraypaint: http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes1913.htm & camo fabric spray paint: (quoted from Phyllis, "This is a link to the type of paint that most Endor Commando costumers have used so far. This link is to show you the type of paint. These spray paints can be found in most Joanne's stores locked in a cabinet and at most Michael's store back where the rest of the paint is. The colors used were Moss, Basil, Bright Olive and Hunter Green.") http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2358&PRODID=prd2208&_requestid=1574719 Have fun! (I sure did! Any ?'s go ahead & shoot me a PM) Smile

"These Rebels were different. They were organized, they were growing, and they were everywhere."―Journal of the 501st "The Rebellion is spreading and I want to be on the side I believe in." -Biggs Darklighter

Last edited by JediZabrak (Lloyd Mira-Fuentes) on Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lord Preston ()

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much JediZabrak! Those really helped. Cool
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're curious about the colors, here's a little test thing I did that kinda shows them.

If it helps. Thats what I used anyway, and I think most of the Sunrider people did too.

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Preston ()

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizardJedi wrote:
If you're curious about the colors, here's a little test thing I did that kinda shows them.

If it helps. Thats what I used anyway, and I think most of the Sunrider people did too.

Thank you! Smile
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illinois/MWB is using those Design Master colors also.....

I named all of those in the tutorial that I did....and I think they come out GREAT!

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "Where To Get Endor Trooper Items" thread, there is a link to Lesley's (BrieKalan) painting tutorial with pictures:

Camo Painting Tips - http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8925

Between the Endor Bunker Yahoo! Group and Sunrider's Project Board, there should be plenty of resources for this outfit. And the "Where To Get" threads at the top of this forum have all the same links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: