About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0e2acd1c1280e701ca8323f8a7d905dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Omaha Symphony John Williams Music **CANCELLED**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK9675 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's where we are at. Kurt has pulled out due to not being trusted to coordinate the event. I am not happy.

At this time, I'm going to talk to the Symphony and see if their initial request of 1 Vader and 6 TK's can be altered. There are no gaurantees.

I will let them know the RL wants to be involved as well. Please consider that it is beyond my control, but I will do my best.
Imperial 80th Squad
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK9675 wrote:
Kurt has pulled out due to not being trusted to coordinate the event. I am not happy.

I am bothered as well. I do not want this distrust between groups. I do not want people pulling out from participation. I want MORE cooperation. I said before that I trusted everyone involved and I mean it. If the Symphony only wants a Vader and some TKs, then it is their call. I respect that and will abide by it.

I respect all the effort Kurt has put in and TRUST him. I had a fleeting thought run through my mind, but then it was gone and the trust was back.

PLEASE, let's all work together.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Just checking in from Dantooine Base. Has there been any changes in this event? I believe that my husband and I might be attending Iowa I-Con that weekend in Des Moines instead. Is there anyone going to that in costume? I didn't see a thread about it.

thanks!
~Sarah aka GsWookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent heard anything about I-Con, however I dont plan to attend so I haven't been looking.

Rumor I've heard regarding the Symphony is it's currently dead in the water. There's been a management change there and the new people dont seem interested in our participation anymore.

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard some 501st guys talking about going but I don't know what came of it. Haven't heard about any Rebels planning on it. The whole I-con thing gets confussing cause there are 2 different cons which go by the same name. This one and another one in the fall. 2 very different cons, one's more comic driven and the other is like a literary con.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Rebel Legion, this Symphony event is pretty much dead. The 501st may still have some participation, but the Symphony has not been real communicative with them lately.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, we're pretty much bowing out. My gut feeling is they don't care if they have us or not. The person that initially asked for us is gone, so I got a suspicion that the new people don't really want us. We're less then 10 days out, and still nothing from them. We aren't going to bank on it.

Frankly, I'm of the type that if someone doesn't want us, then I don't want them. Know what I mean?
Imperial 80th Squad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. The symphony is totally losing out on what could have been a better event for them.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this event has been cancelled, I'll remove it from the calendar.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: